Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really Hostile And Toxic Players

spaceninjaaaa

I won't say any names, but a certain player who's profile says he's played Nova and used Soma the most took it personally when I said to him Attica is capable of dealing more damage than a boltor prime.

By challenging his sacred, religious faith in the boltor prime, marelok, and dragon nikana wombo combo, he splurted out in rage calling me a retard and threw up more personal insults in reaction to a conversation starter as a result of his brain capacity exceeding as a neanderthal. He then proceeded to leave the T2D mission because he was "tired of my S#&$". I thought founders (He was a founder) were supposed to be the ones that acted the opposite, I guess I was completely wrong, anyone can be a blind warfrembildurdotcom monkey.

On a serious note, I seriously wonder if this hostile, elitist behaviour is caused by such demanding and competitive means in the game as a result of the game not being very user friendly to a new player. I have never seen a damage system more complex than any other game than Warframe. It's a lot of math and calculations, leading to extremely big confusion and therefore generalized tiers of weapons, it's always either it "this weapon extremely sucks" or "it's extremely op." I believe this is what causes the great gap between casual, friendly builders, and the extremists as mentioned above who take the game way too seriously.

Well, as long as you don't say the name, i suppose it's fine.

But this belongs to Off-Topic in my opinion.

I wasn't sure where else to put this. Perhaps others have witnessed the same and can add on to the topic? I'm sure it's an issue not only affecting me, but is an existing problem in the warframe community as a whole.

As much as I hate boltor p, I would agree with him in that boltor p than attica.

125 base damage w/ 20% crit chance is pretty nice man, fully auto too.

Edited by Hitmonho

I wouldn't call that elitist by any-stretch even if he is a Founder.

That said I'm willing to bet he was frustrated before the mission began. Quite possibly on the verge of a burnout, no real excuse but players that easy to fluster in T2 (unless you continued on and on about it despite his lack of interest.) are probably very agitated 'forehand.

It's all relative. If someone is super nice and friendly I would consider them extreme but on the other side of the spectrum. Regardless, having people of all colors is what makes a comunity work(discussions that are one-sided don't really get anywhere). The only thing I'd frown upon are the insults, not necessarily the mentality.

"The Attica is capable of doing more damage than the boltor prime"

How?

I'd love to actually read this.

125 dmg firing at 3.3 rounds per second

theoretically that is 412 damage per second

boltor fires at 55 dmg @ 10 rounds per second

550 dps

412 vs. 550 dps, at first glance "well obviously boltor is better". Not with a crit build it isnt. With a maximum point strike, that becomes a 50% critical chance for the attica. That will easily (over)compensate make up for the loss of 140 damage per second.

If you must see the warfrembildurdotcom bible as proof,

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Attica

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boltor_prime/t_30_20000000_132-2-5-133-6-5-137-1-10-138-7-5-140-3-5-150-0-10-159-4-5-265-5-3_150-8-137-14-132-15-140-9-159-9-265-7-133-11-138-11/en/2-0-44/0/f

Two typical builds. Attica exceeds in damage per shot and per second by 1500 dps.

Utility wise,

Boltor prime has innate punch-through

Attica has slight punch through, and is far more accurate and far more ammo efficient.

Edited by Hitmonho

There are jerks in everything, no rhyme or reason necessary, no rationale no explainable cause, there just is, and always will be, new players won't let twits like the one you described alter theyre own idea of what Warframe is to and for them.

Now if this problem gets BIGGER, now then there's an issue, but I've encountered more decent "don't give a f**k" players than I have elitist snobs and min max weenies, which I don't foresee any reason it would change, as for now the elitism is regarding speed & ease of mission completion, impatient, or those who are dedicated to a given goal, and I have no beef with people like that, they may be on a tight schedule, or are reaching the warframe boredom event horizon with all the gear, forma and such and foesnt want to waste time with new players.

Whatever the reasoning though, if someone's a general a**hole about something, they're an a**hole, no reason not to be civil or direct about your preference on mission type and composition, and so far, I'd say warframes doing damn fine.

Being rude to players is never called for and is generally not a terrible issue, though in Public matches it does happen fairly often. If you want people to be generally nicer run more with clan / alliances.

That said, Attica really can't do as much damage as the Boltor Prime...

Boltor Prime - http://goo.gl/XddfB3

Attica - http://goo.gl/xh023S

125 dmg firing at 3.3 rounds per second

theoretically that is 412 damage per second

boltor fires at 55 dmg @ 10 rounds per second

550 dps

412 vs. 550 dps, at first glance "well obviously boltor is better". Not with a crit build it isnt. With a maximum point strike, that becomes a 50% critical chance for the attica. That will easily (over)compensate make up for the loss of 140 damage per second.

If you must see the warfrembildurdotcom bible as proof,

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Attica

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boltor_prime/t_30_20000000_132-2-5-133-6-5-137-1-10-138-7-5-140-3-5-150-0-10-159-4-5-265-5-3_150-8-137-14-132-15-140-9-159-9-265-7-133-11-138-11/en/2-0-44/0/f

Two typical builds. Attica exceeds in damage per shot and per second by 1500 dps.

Utility wise,

Boltor prime has innate punch-through

Attica has slight punch through, and is far more accurate and far more ammo efficient.

links are messed up yo. says for me you got boltor P running a crit build... who the hell in there right mind runs a boltor P crit build.

Being rude to players is never called for and is generally not a terrible issue, though in Public matches it does happen fairly often. If you want people to be generally nicer run more with clan / alliances.

That said, Attica really can't do as much damage as the Boltor Prime...

Boltor Prime - http://goo.gl/XddfB3

Attica - http://goo.gl/xh023S

I use the same build on the Boltor prime, except I swapped cryo rounds with ammo mutation. It will run out of ammo extremely quickly with vile acceleration. And even in the cases of both of these weapons, Attica is more efficient and will last you longer.

To be fair,

You comparing the Boltor P to Attica is like me going:

"My Lato, When modded and forma'd correctly has better DPS than your Attica"

and if Attica happens to be your favourite weapon, you'd go ape-S#&$ on me too... probably, at least I think anyways

To be fair,

You comparing the Boltor P to Attica is like me going:

"My Lato, When modded and forma'd correctly has better DPS than your Attica"

and if Attica happens to be your favourite weapon, you'd go ape-S#&$ on me too... probably, at least I think anyways

It isn't my favorite weapon, infact I hate bow/crossbow type weapons.

attica can do more dmg pr shot but has less burst DPS and less substained DPS...

Please see the links as proof to show Attica has higher burst. Also, sustain is a pointless number unless you're going for lephantis speed runs, which you probably aren't.

theres a bad apple in every barrel and so are games.

tbh i dont think this game is THAT competitive (i.e dota or LOL) i dont think theres a lot of people that bothered with pvp and mostly just do the regular co op shooter, which shouldnt exactly be competitive.

also people generalizing weapons is just an easy way of them not spending time to calculate and try out each weapon as most of them just want to grab the OP-est and get it over with.

warframes community is rainbows and flowers compared to ones like dota, where almost 90% of the forums is a S#&$storm. in game is even better, i have so far not seen any "toxic" xxXMlGprosswaggerXXx that thinks their build is god tier and everyone else should lick their feet

I dont see the need on making stereotypes of hostile players, I think some people are like that (or most certainly act like that eventually) and that's it, it could be a founder or even a non experienced player, I wouldnt blame the game mechanics and stuff, you know some people pick the "best" stuff in the game just because they heard it was the best, I am more active in the wiki than here and there for example you will find many people doing all the math and testing possible and they're not hostile at all.

Sure there's this culture of using the most OP weapons and frames, playing only the highest level missions, being the elite pro hardcore player, some people even lack the skils or game knowledge but still play that role just cause it feels cool, but personally I dont think that's exclusive to warframe, maybe warframe just offers more terrain for this kind of position, cause of all the leveling modding collecting and achieving stuff etc.

Personally I like the attica more than boltor prime, is it a better weapon? I would answer: What for? If I'm playing for fun I would pick attica, if I really need I would pick boltor prime, if people have fun with boltor prime, or simply by knowing they're using the best weapon, that's nice having fun is what counts after all.

I use the same build on the Boltor prime, except I swapped cryo rounds with ammo mutation. It will run out of ammo extremely quickly with vile acceleration. And even in the cases of both of these weapons, Attica is more efficient and will last you longer.

Yeah, efficiency-wise the Boltor Prime isn't too great, or any weapon using Vile Acceleration for that matter. That said, it really doesn't matter terribly much because as soon as you actually start needing to fire full speed all the time rather than in short bursts, then you are a long ways into an endless mission and probably have lots of ammo restores. 

I personally have been using Soma Prime ( http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Soma_prime/t_30_22202230_131-7-5-132-2-5-133-6-5-137-1-10-140-4-5-150-0-10-159-5-5-405-3-5_150-8-137-7-132-8-405-9-140-5-159-5-133-6-131-9/en/2-0-65 ), it's still not the most "fun" gun out there for me to use, but it is pretty nice.

Edited by Invisum

Yep. Lots of Rage in this community and getting worse day by day. Likewise, the trolling seems to be on a similar incline. Comes from players being both frustrated and bored. My guess would be its a direct result of the current Grind walls.

I recently also had an encounter with a person that insisted that Dragon Nikana was the ultimate and i was a moron, and a lot of other vulgar words for not using it. I just added him to my ignore list. Within a minute or so I get a random PM (i can only assume his alt) continuing the hostilities even worse since I muted his first account. I added the 2nd one to my ignore list as well and received no further random PMs.

Warframe isn't all evil, and can be a nice place with nice people.

Well, we do have them on other games you know, and even if he was a *founder* he'd still be human.

You were just unlucky you met a *Jerkasaurous* type founder.

also I miss the casuality when warframe was still on its earlier days, namely U7 were warframe was still off the radar.

Edited by Xuimma