The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

That's Lotus for you, but I believe even Hunter's is slightly too wordy for her.

Perhaps more research into the format of Warframe Profiles would benefit this endeavor?

hmm. i guess i have some fleshing out to do.

I think this is the best plant warframe idea i saw' til now, but I'd make little changes:

1 - lignify should work on armor and cloth not flesh (or else it would become a petrify effect), reducing armor/shield and speed. Considering it's 1 target, it should cost low energy (like 10 or even less, to know why see 4)

2- To grow plants on metal (e.g. corpus ships) is hard, so I'd imagine bramble more like a thorny tumbleweed: you lauch the seed around and they instantly bloom and dry out, creating the thorny circle  (it's just a visual change)

3-seems fine

4-I actually don't like much the idea of a meat eating plant. What I thought is an ability that rely on the first one (similar to nekros): you channel the ability for little energy cost, but for every lignified enemy you make them grow big thorns doing slash/finisher and moving branches causing mpact damage to the target and nearby enemies. The target will have an effect similar to a fire proc making him move and creating confusion (CC) among his comrades. While the ability is active you can lignify more enemies (maybe there should be a cap) extending your CC making you choose where to direct the effect

ps sorry if I make all these suggestions, it's just because I like the overall idea :)

I think this is the best plant warframe idea i saw' til now, but I'd make little changes:

1 - lignify should work on armor and cloth not flesh (or else it would become a petrify effect), reducing armor/shield and speed. Considering it's 1 target, it should cost low energy (like 10 or even less, to know why see 4)

2- To grow plants on metal (e.g. corpus ships) is hard, so I'd imagine bramble more like a thorny tumbleweed: you lauch the seed around and they instantly bloom and dry out, creating the thorny circle  (it's just a visual change)

3-seems fine

4-I actually don't like much the idea of a meat eating plant. What I thought is an ability that rely on the first one (similar to nekros): you channel the ability for little energy cost, but for every lignified enemy you make them grow big thorns doing slash/finisher and moving branches causing mpact damage to the target and nearby enemies. The target will have an effect similar to a fire proc making him move and creating confusion (CC) among his comrades. While the ability is active you can lignify more enemies (maybe there should be a cap) extending your CC making you choose where to direct the effect

ps sorry if I make all these suggestions, it's just because I like the overall idea :)

I like the idea of the 4, It sounds like if it were stationary it would be a great infested pod defense, or even a chokepoint defense like Chromas 4.

I personally think that would be a awesome and unique defense that would drag anything too close and consume it and replenish health.

Personally if the original creator dosen't mind... I wouldn't mind her four being exactly like this.

Flora plants a seed and an enormous man eating plant grows from the spot and sprawls it's vines and roots everywhere within it's 5/7/9/11 (Upgradeable with Range) meter reach and will pull enemies with the vines dragging them to it's mouth. The plant deals 100/200/300/400 puncture damage every 2 seconds as it chews it's enemies, releases toxins in the air that deal a slow DoT.  Anyone with a augment that adds damage to allys [shock trooper, ect.] may target the plant and it will add that damage to the plant. Enemies killed within the enormus man eating plant will be consumed restoring 10/12/14/16 health per corpse to the plant and if the plant is at full health and allys are within the radius of 10/11/12/13 meters it will restore 5/6/7/8 health per enemy consumed. Verdance has a minor bit of Threat Generation, enemies will always go after the plant as long as it's closer or seen first, Verdance also has a limit of enemies that it can 'chew' and hold at one point in time 3/5/7/10 (upgradeable by power strength?) Verdance is channeled and costs 10 energy per seconds.

That would be my favorite.  Though I kinda use chroma's effegy this way lol.

Edited by achromos

She sounds kind of OP, you may have gone a little to powerful on her abilities. 

Though she sounds pretty good, I can't help but not like the idea of a plant based frame in warframe.  DE already moved into the fantasy realm with hydroid, and I really really don't want to see them continue with that.  If we only were fighting on earth like areas, then sure it could be rationalized.  But for the most part we are fighting in rather sterile environments, so a plant based frame in a sci fi game really starts to push into fantasy. 

I am not saying I don't like your frame idea, its actually pretty cool, I just don't think it fits this game. 

#@*&$@ we already have space magic

The Forests of Earth have evolved. Centuries of manipulation by the Orokin have created breeds of super plants that grow tougher and faster than anything seen before. Until now the Grineer have been unable to conquer these unruly forests, but Councilor Vay Hek plans to use his Cicero Toxin to clear the land and make way for Grineer settlements.

This is straight from the Cicero Crisis event. Did you/would you try to integrate this into this Warframe's Lore? I think this would be pretty neat. I've also seen a few comments, which say this is a bad idea because it steps too far into the realm of fantasy. From what I understand of the Tenno, they are humans infected by the Technocyte Virus which seems to amalgamate living and technological material. It wouldn't be so far-fetched to say that the spores, and plants created by the spores, which grow rapidly, are Technocyte infected plant spores which can be controlled and manipulated by the Flora Warframe.

Edited by BloodForTheBloodGods

Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen this before. I'm so ashamed.

Pig, this is incredible. The amount of graphics work, your willingness to integrate community suggestions, polls, etc., all while keeping such a positive, friendly attitude.. not enough words to give you the praise you deserve.

Question:  Has this concept been presented on Prime Time, yet? If not, I think some gentle nudges via PM, to Megan and/or Rebecca, are in order! All my +1s!  :-)

Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen this before. I'm so ashamed.

Pig, this is incredible. The amount of graphics work, your willingness to integrate community suggestions, polls, etc., all while keeping such a positive, friendly attitude.. not enough words to give you the praise you deserve.

Question:  Has this concept been presented on Prime Time, yet? If not, I think some gentle nudges via PM, to Megan and/or Rebecca, are in order! All my +1s!  :-)

3-4 episodes ago MrPigmans portfolio was featured, not just Flora.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

The Forests of Earth have evolved. Centuries of manipulation by the Orokin have created breeds of super plants that grow tougher and faster than anything seen before. Until now the Grineer have been unable to conquer these unruly forests, but Councilor Vay Hek plans to use his Cicero Toxin to clear the land and make way for Grineer settlements.

This is straight from the Cicero Crisis event. Did you/would you try to integrate this into this Warframe's Lore? I think this would be pretty neat. I've also seen a few comments, which say this is a bad idea because it steps too far into the realm of fantasy. From what I understand of the Tenno, they are humans infected by the Technocyte Virus which seems to amalgamate living and technological material. It wouldn't be so far-fetched to say that the spores, and plants created by the spores, which grow rapidly, are Technocyte infected plant spores which can be controlled and manipulated by the Flora Warframe.

hmm i could actually work this in very easily. I'll get to work.

as for being too fantasy. Ive said this a few times and it's in the OP i think people just didnt read: Flora uses technocyte spores that sprout into the plants she uses. her plants are not just organic plants, but are combined with technocyte giving it the ability to generate at very rapid rates. so in a weird alternate sense she is also an infested frame, since she can cause lesser technocyte to grow. as for the arguement of plants can not grow in space, well easily countered. we cannot breath in space (since we need life support during survival) so there must be oxygen or a gas in some form, this means there is every reason for a plant to thrive. also as i said in the OP the plants are adapted to take in any gas they may find, meaning a potential infinite life cycle with O2 and CO2. also, not all plants need dirt to grow, any plants that grow from spores actually do not require dirt to grow. this would allow flora to use spores as a means of growth.

Thanks LordPuck! I knew I'd missed a couple. I'm sad that was one of them, but glad the portfolio was featured! Appreciate the info! :-)

post can be found here

vdYPQ69.png

i did some work on her shoulders and legs, tell me what you guys think.

also on a side note; im still thinking on the warframe profile for flora, hopefully it will be complete soon. 

also still need to work on the weaps.

vdYPQ69.png

also on a side note; im still thinking on the warframe profile for flora, hopefully it will be complete soon. 

Ohoooohhhh yes, all of my yes. All of everyone's non-consensual yes, and they will like it.

3-seems fine

1-i already said lignify breaks their armor/turns it to wood :)

2-yes, brambles was never intended to be rooted in metal. it is indeed similar to a tumble weed.

4-interesting idea, though i dont know why it would only work with her 1. nekros does not need to soulpunch people to get souls for shadows of the dead. lignify also is a bit too powerful to only cost 10 IMO. i see where you are coming from though. you probably would have liked old verdance.

if you havent already, look through the alternate abilities.

Ohoooohhhh yes, all of my yes. All of everyone's non-consensual yes, and they will like it.

haha thank you X)

I would kill to get this frame. I love it so much!

but would you give up a Klondike bar for it?

you've been busy while I've been away, like the latest look

thank you, a lot has happened since you last commented!

vdYPQ69.png

She is very attractive to the eyes. I'm currently working on a new wf/ally that integrates flora in his back story. I need a comp to upload pics though and someone to do a full-body drawing

She is very attractive to the eyes. I'm currently working on a new wf/ally that integrates flora in his back story. I need a comp to upload pics though and someone to do a full-body drawing

interesting, id love to hear about it sometime! i'll do art for it but i have a lot on my plate right now as is so idk when i can get to it lol.

also what do you mean you need a comp?

vdYPQ69.png

The more I look at it, the more I see a warframe version of the Predator without being a copy or generic. To me, that is the highest compliment I can give you.

X1 is not a computer  lol

fair enough haha

Fantastic 100% one of the best Concept frames

thank you very much!

The more I look at it, the more I see a warframe version of the Predator without being a copy or generic. To me, that is the highest compliment I can give you.

well, thank you!