Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

Hey, guys, Pyro here with the finished concept of the "Splinter Shotgun" design which was completed as a side-project from my WF Concept Full-Body WIP and, turned out pretty good:

http://orig11.deviantart.net/ce89/f/2015/098/e/3/image_by_pyro15232-d8ozczo.jpg

The 'Splinter Shotgun' is also open for re-naming.

I'll be doing a lot of other weapon designs that come to mind themed from other Warframe Concepts too; More Flora Weapons!

Edited by Pyro15232

Any new frames have my support, but arch-everything is definitely wanted. The wings are an excellent idea. I have friends that have stopped playing other games specifically for the arch-missions. I know they desperately want new arch-items

New kubrow mods wanted too!

lol i've never been too into the archwing tbh :s but it's fun occasionally

Hey, guys, Pyro here with the finished concept of the "Splinter Shotgun" design which was completed as a side-project from my WF Concept Full-Body WIP and, turned out pretty good:

http://orig11.deviantart.net/ce89/f/2015/098/e/3/image_by_pyro15232-d8ozczo.jpg

I'll be doing a lot of other weapon designs that come to mind themed from other Warframe Concepts too; More Flora Weapons!

looks good man! mind if i add it to the OP?

lol i've never been too into the archwing tbh :s but it's fun occasionally

looks good man! mind if i add it to the OP?

Go ahead; I'll be concepting the Secondary and Melee of Flora , I'll keep you updated on that though

Also, feel free to edit the Splinter Shotgun as you please.

i use imgur! theres others you may use as well, but imgur is pretty easy and convenient.

i have opted out of using heels in the concept due to a few things. 1 i want her to feel and look younger, that includes making her appear shorter. also most younger girls dont wear heels. for the most part thats among women older than my aimed appearance. almost an innocent look if you will!

but without further ado, here is the mostly finished model, if there are any objections speak up now!

fZC9VJD.jpg

Perfect.

Congratualations on a complete and final concept.

Everything about it feels like it could be an official warframe draft from the art-team.

Only problem is for Mynki to come up with excuses not to use your design. Because as concepts go, this is pretty damn solid.

Congratualations on a complete and final concept.

Everything about it feels like it could be an official warframe draft from the art-team.

Only problem is for Mynki to come up with excuses not to use your design. Because as concepts go, this is pretty damn solid.

thank you arch! 

1 sole reason being i dont have art for her back yet :P but i'll get on that.

but i'm sure if flora is added they will probably use their own art lol. just want to get the feel of flora into a visual form!

I think Chroma is a really good idea, but the design is by far the least warframe of them all.

I do not think they really cared too much about the Dragon in the end though.

on the contrary i think it was pretty darned warframe! mesa looks the least like a warframe to me.

but anyways.

working on the mechanics for flora's primary, Kyvahla.

Kyvahla is a shotgun that fires an initial slug that bursts upon contact, dealing damage in a cone.

it does about 700 damage per shot

also here's the most unique thing about the gun. It's max ammo is it's clip, which is 16. Kyvahla does not need to reload ever, but it must slowly regenerate it's bullets the organic generation. takes about 3 seconds for a bullet to generate. this means it takes a whole 48 seconds to generate all 16 shots.

reload speed affects regen rate

ammo capacity increases ammo capacity.

clip size also increases ammo capacity.

fire rate is as fast as you can click! but be careful not to spam all your shots too quickly.

New model has been added to the OP along with flora inspired weapons mostly thanks to Pyro15232!

please do enjoy! and weapon details coming soon!

Woah! Great finished Flora design and I'm loving the digital renders of the Kyvahla 'Splinter Shotgun' and the Cytus Staff. Good job, +1.

on the contrary i think it was pretty darned warframe! mesa looks the least like a warframe to me.

but anyways.

Kyvahla is a shotgun that fires an initial slug that bursts upon contact, dealing damage in a cone.

also here's the most unique thing about the gun. It's max ammo is it's clip, which is 16. Kyvahla does not need to reload ever, but it must slowly regenerate it's bullets the organic generation. takes about 3 seconds for a bullet to generate. this means it takes a whole 48 seconds to generate all 16 shots.

fire rate is as fast as you can click! but be careful not to spam all your shots too quickly.

When you say bursts upon contact to deal damage in a cone, does that mean it hits the first enemy and deals the 700 damage, then penetrates through in a cone for a shotgun spread of extra damage to enemies behind? Other than my confusion there, the regenerating clip sounds awesome. Does it regenerate only when equipped or even while holstered? And how would multishot affect it: multiple initial shells and each sending the base secondary pellets, or would it only effect the pellets, or both?

Or would it have an ADS secondary fire. Firing from the hip has a standard shotgun spread, but using ADS shoots a condensed slug? It would be like a projectile version of the Phage.

Edited by -CM-Jaypalm

but anyways.

A unique mechanic! Fire-rate in my opinion could be slowed to compensate for the unlimited Ammo.

And also, 700 damage?! Sounds like a weapon I would use! Have you thought of the Mastery Rank requirement or acquisition?

When you say bursts upon contact to deal damage in a cone, does that mean it hits the first enemy and deals the 700 damage, then penetrates through in a cone for a shotgun spread of extra damage to enemies behind? Other than my confusion there, the regenerating clip sounds awesome. Does it regenerate only when equipped or even while holstered? And how would multishot affect it: multiple initial shells and each sending the base secondary pellets, or would it only effect the pellets, or both?

Or would it have an ADS secondary fire. Firing from the hip has a standard shotgun spread, but using ADS shoots a condensed slug? It would be like a projectile version of the Phage.

the projectile shoots like a slug at first, moving like a slowish projectile, then when it collides with something it shatters into splinters in a cone(going the same direction it was shot) imagine the projectile working like a 'Y', where the y splits is the impact point. the split is the cone of damage.

multishot would work on the base projectile just as any gun would. think of the cone shatter like splash damage. 

I intended it to regenerate even when holstered, so that if you spam all your ammo you can just switch to secondary/melee then come back to it later when ammo has returned.

the shotgun has a huge base damage to make up for the fact that you can not pick up ammo to replenish its ammo. so one you're out you HAVE to wait time. of course this is why we have other weapons OR a player may choose to take advantage of the huge damage and control it's fire rate instead, thus conserving ammo and ultimately getting more bang for your buck, instead of shooting 8 shots into a crowd when you only really needed 2! the gun will be very strategic!

A unique mechanic! Fire-rate in my opinion could be slowed to compensate for the unlimited Ammo.

And also, 700 damage?! Sounds like a weapon I would use! Have you thought of the Mastery Rank requirement or acquisition?

but the fire rate itself could be a bad thing :P if you shoot too frequently then you will be out of ammo without any way of automatically replenishing your ammo! 3 seconds per shot remember! i may increase it though. assuming you fire 1 shot a second it would take you 22 shots to run out. but with all the damage it has there shouldn't be too much reason to run out so quickly!

also, i have not thought about mr req or acquisition but i will! thats why i'm talking about it! if anybody has any suggestions feel free to chime in!

PS: i love your weapon designs! if i have any weapons i think up I'll certainly ask you for help!

the projectile shoots like a slug at first, moving like a slowish projectile, then when it collides with something it shatters into splinters in a cone(going the same direction it was shot) imagine the projectile working like a 'Y', where the y splits is the impact point. the split is the cone of damage.

So once the slug hits an enemy, then it splits into a cone. But if it has already hit the enemy, the cone is pointless isn't it? Where is the cone going to go? It could have twice the spread of an uncharged Drakgoon but since the spread starts point blank its spread wouldn't matter.

So once the slug hits an enemy, then it splits into a cone. But if it has already hit the enemy, the cone is pointless isn't it? Where is the cone going to go? It could have twice the spread of an uncharged Drakgoon but since the spread starts point blank its spread wouldn't matter.

i guess i should have mentioned the cone has perfect punch through. meaning high aoe. the damage is dealt upon impact the the enemy, the splash is to kill enemies behind the target as well. also considering having the cone deal puncture and the slug deal impact. also perhaps the target ho it collides with takes both the damage from the cone and the slug, then you double damage output on your target and still clear enemies behind him. i will have to nerf the damage or something for that to work though

i guess i should have mentioned the cone has perfect punch through. meaning high aoe. the damage is dealt upon impact the the enemy, the splash is to kill enemies behind the target as well. also considering having the cone deal puncture and the slug deal impact. also perhaps the target ho it collides with takes both the damage from the cone and the slug, then you double damage output on your target and still clear enemies behind him. i will have to nerf the damage or something for that to work though

Ok this is what I first imagined then. What you can do is halve its damage to 350, so the slug does an initial 350, then the total of the pellets will add up to an additional 350. Both sets damage the first enemy it impacts so you get your 700, but the enemies behind get a reduced damage flak to the face.

Something else I imagined up for it while thinking about this is a two stage trigger. First click fires the slug, which can deal the full damage in a concentrated spot. While the slug is mid flight, a second click will burst the slug into several pellets with innate punch through like the Drakgoon, splitting the damage over a wide spread. Detonating earlier means wider spread relative to your desired area of effect. The two stage left click will let the user keep their ADS, but at the cost of slightly lower fire rate depending on range.

Ok this is what I first imagined then. What you can do is halve its damage to 350, so the slug does an initial 350, then the total of the pellets will add up to an additional 350. Both sets damage the first enemy it impacts so you get your 700, but the enemies behind get a reduced damage flak to the face.

Something else I imagined up for it while thinking about this is a two stage trigger. First click fires the slug, which can deal the full damage in a concentrated spot. While the slug is mid flight, a second click will burst the slug into several pellets with innate punch through like the Drakgoon, splitting the damage over a wide spread. Detonating earlier means wider spread relative to your desired area of effect. The two stage left click will let the user keep their ADS, but at the cost of slightly lower fire rate depending on range.

interesting with the two trigger, my only fear would be up close it would be pretty hard to get the scatter unless you just double click. but i guess that may be part of the challenge to using it. learning curve too good!

but the fire rate itself could be a bad thing :P if you shoot too frequently then you will be out of ammo without any way of automatically replenishing your ammo! 3 seconds per shot remember! i may increase it though. assuming you fire 1 shot a second it would take you 22 shots to run out. but with all the damage it has there shouldn't be too much reason to run out so quickly!

also, i have not thought about mr req or acquisition but i will! thats why i'm talking about it! if anybody has any suggestions feel free to chime in!

PS: i love your weapon designs! if i have any weapons i think up I'll certainly ask you for help!

I'd love to do more Flora Weapon Concepts and/or other WF Concept Weapon Designs! 

I think that would work marvelous against enemies behind cover, just like high-caliber sniper.

You think you're safe ? Think again !!!

But 700 is a bit too much ...

Edit : sounds like the infested version of the Ogris

Edited by Feuershark

I think that would work marvelous against enemies behind cover, just like high-caliber sniper.

You think you're safe ? Think again !!!

But 700 is a bit too much ...

Edit : sounds like the infested version of the Ogris

ya think so? i figured the fact that you cant spam it for years would justify that. while yes ammo regenerates, lets say you fire 2 shots a second, with maxed ammo cap (without corrupted mods) you will have 30 shots to use. if you fire 2 per second you will be out of ammo in about 17.6 seconds with a total of 35 shots fired. then will have to wait a solid 3 seconds between shots. that's a long time to wait between shots.

now lets take into consideration reload speed(or in this case recharge speed)

with tactical pump you recharge at a rate of 2.1 seconds. now it will take you 20.6 seconds to empty your ammo, firing an effective 37 shots.

so DPS with a no damage ammo set up will give you an effective DPS of 1400. however after those 20 seconds of going rambo you now have no ammo thus giving you an effective 333 DPS. i suppose this is a rather high number but for those 20.6 seconds you dish out 28840 damage while on recharge you dish out 6859 in 20.6 seconds. lets play with some stats!

reducing damage:

let's say we nerf the damage in half. 350 damage, 175 from the slug and splinters.

2 shots per sec DPS: 700

DPS in 20.6s: 14420

depletion DPS: 166

DPS in 20.6s: 3419

lets nef it even further! 100 damage, 50 for splinters and slug.

2 shot per sec DPS: 200

DPS in 20.6s: 4120

depletion DPS: 47

DPS in 20.6s: 968

and finally lets put it at a very sad 20 damage. 10 for splinters and slug. 

2 shots per sec DPS: 40

DPS in 20.6s: 824

depletion DPS: 9

DPS in 20.6s: 185

so from here if i want to keep the idea of having burst when you need it then nerfing the damage doesnt seem like the answer.

lets try ammo cap!

Reducing Ammo cap:

lets say we take it down to 10 first. with all noncorrupted ammo mods you make it to a whopping 19.

time to empty base clip: 6 seconds with 11 shots

time to empty modded clip: 10.5 seconds with 23 shots

total base clip damage: 7700 damage

total modded clip damage: 13300 

lets say we bump it back up to 13. 24 with mods

time to empty base clip: 7.5 seconds for 14 shots

time to empty modded clip: 14 seconds for 28 shots

total base clip damage: 9800 damage

total modded clip damage: 19600 damage (not bad for base damage)

now let's mess with the recharge rate.

Increasing recharge rate

lets start with taking it up to 10 seconds. crazy but it's for science!

you basically will not get a single shot back while emptying your clip like rambo.

after that your depletion dps becomes a horrible 70. ouch. 

ok next let's say we go to maybe 5 seconds!

with this you will get 1 shot back after emptying an unmodded gun.

but you will get 3 back with a modded clip.

your depletion dps will be 140, ow. but, it seems fair

now onto the fire rate

Reducing fire rate:

all reducing fire rate will really do is reduce your DPS, but it will however increase your weapon longevity.

lets say we take it down to a 1 shot per second fire rate.

DPS: 700

time to empty base clip: 16

modded clip: 30

max damage per minute: 28000 damage. if you shoot every opportunity you can

for kicks and giggles:

lets say we fully modded our Kyvahla with: Ammo Stock, Tactical Pump, Shell compression, primed point blank, blaze, Disruptor, Hell's Chamber, Vicious Spread.

Total Damage: 2905

crit chance: 15%

crit damage: 2.0 (5810)

DPS per clip: 58100 (also assuming 15% of the shots are crits.) all that in 17.6 seconds

depletion DPS: 968

damage per minute: 93339

so. from the maths i've done here, to keep the high damage but punish well for not using ammo wisely we need to nerf the recharge, not the damage itself! nerfing damage isnt always the answer!

Edited by MrPigman