Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

Eh.. that branch-pathway thing seems kinda cool, but lack-luster and really not all that handy in the end, especially considering parkour 2.0 is coming, and directional melee

Well, if we think this way then Valkyr's Ripline, Nova Teleport, and all the other "movement" abillities would become useless. 

Yeah sorry, I re-read that after the post. Well either way, it might make sense as it's a rather powerful skill, but I dunno. I'm still partial to having the plant-golem transformation as the Ulti so maybe I'm just stubborn ;)

But either way, Evolving Spores seems like a really handy skill.

haha well we got where we are today through a community building towards our ideal frame!

Well, if we think this way then Valkyr's Ripline, Nova Teleport, and all the other "movement" abillities would become useless. 

dont forget slash dash! and rhino charge!

Evolving Spores: Flora plants a spore on a drop, lignified enemy, or an enemy within the gas radius of phytogeneration. the spore will slowly grow and evolve over time.
stage 1: the plant has a single thorny vine in which it lashes nearby enemies.
stage 2: the plant will grow a spiny flower and will shoot thorns dealing 100/200/300/400 puncture damage with a fire rate of 1
stage 2: the plant will blossom several flowers and will burst the spines hitting all enemies in a 5/8/11/14 meter radius.
stage 3: the plant will also emit elemental damage. the element can be changed by shooting it with elements.
stage 4: the plant will grow a giant mouth, like a venus fly trap, in addition to previous abilities it will eat close enemies holding them for 5 seconds.

Wilt: flora sends a group of spores drifting in a direction for 7/8/9/10 seconds covering 1 meter per second. when the spores pass through an enemy, it steals 2/3/4/5% of their maximum armor, health and shield and gives it to flora for 10/11/12/13 seconds. flora may also cast the skill again to wilt her own body and reform at the point the spores are at, consuming the spores and effectively teleporting flora.

Offshoot: flora summons a large root underneath her, sending her into the air as well as ragdolling and dispersing nearby enemies. this may also be cast in the air, ragdolling enemies under her. deals 50/100/150/200 impact damage.

Organic Bridge: Flora generates a large root structure to arc in a direction making an alternate route of travel, doorway obstacle, and a way to block shots. the root will also send enemies in it's way flying out of the way, dealing 100/200/300/400 impact damage. If flora steps forward quickly after casting she may ride the root to it's destination.

Root Leash: Flora sends roots into an enemy linking flora to the enemy, that enemy can not travel 12/10/8/6 meters away from you and if you would travel out of the range they are dragged with you staggering them. rooting an enemy will also begin to heal you by 1/2/3/4% of your total health every 2 seconds and hurt them by that amount. Root Leash has a 4/6/8/10 seconds duration.

Razor Thicket: Flora grows briers on an enemy, when the enemy takes damage, the briers will spread onto nearby enemies as well. briers deal .5/1/1.5/2 slash damage multiplied by 2 every second effectively making an exponential damage, with a duration of 3/4/5/6 seconds.

if anyone has any ideas please tell me before i start the voting!

Root Leash and Organic Bridge seem like hilarious skills, as OB would cause RDs like Mag's Pull, and RL has you dragging an enemy around. The Wilt seems like a great utility skill, like Ash's SS maiking him invisible as well as stunning others. I've been out a while, so I'm not sure when voting is or what we are voting for exactly

Root Leash seems like it'd be a mistake to give. Warframe is too much of a horde-defense type game, most abilities that are single target are really just not very useful in the long run. At least, unless they're spam-able, like Shuriken.

Evolving Spores or Wilt seem like the best choices.

Edited by Akiryx

Root Leash and Organic Bridge seem like hilarious skills, as OB would cause RDs like Mag's Pull, and RL has you dragging an enemy around. The Wilt seems like a great utility skill, like Ash's SS maiking him invisible as well as stunning others. I've been out a while, so I'm not sure when voting is or what we are voting for exactly

i thought they would be fun too! voting will be for flora's new 2. frost's bubble will be just like brambles is according to devstream 56(?). the last one.

Root Leash seems like it'd be a mistake to give. Warframe is too much of a horde-defense type game, most abilities that are single target are really just not very useful in the long run. At least, unless they're spam-able, like Shuriken.

well yes, but what if enemies who collide with the root take impact damage and get knocked down? this would give her even more cc!

Flora using this on tyl regor coupled with Mag's bullet attractor=easy boss run. not just tyl either. Flora is more of a support frame and this will make taking down techs, gunners, and other heavies a bit easier. Also, what mods would affect Root Leash?

Flora using this on tyl regor coupled with Mag's bullet attractor=easy boss run. not just tyl either. Flora is more of a support frame and this will make taking down techs, gunners, and other heavies a bit easier. Also, what mods would affect Root Leash?

i agree!

i think i will start the voting for her new 2 soon! thank you guys for the feedback!

I keep popping into this thread with something positive to say, but everything I could say has already been said.

So I'll just say... This is incredible stuff, actually an inspiration! I love that you're letting people vote on stuff too, making it really community based.

I keep popping into this thread with something positive to say, but everything I could say has already been said.

So I'll just say... This is incredible stuff, actually an inspiration! I love that you're letting people vote on stuff too, making it really community based.

thanks a bunch! i really appreciate your support! i truly think that flora is not just my idea, but the community's! so many ideas were from the comments in this thread and she has grown to be what she is only because of the community! i feel like it would be unfair and not truly a concept for (mostly) everyone if we didnt choose the abilities!

what good would this forum be if we didnt work together!? :P

PS: i like your icon :P

Edited by MrPigman

thanks a bunch! i really appreciate your support! i truly think that flora is not just my idea, but the community's! so many ideas were from the comments in this thread and she has grown to be what she is only because of the community! i feel like it would be unfair and not truly a concept for (mostly) everyone if we didnt choose the abilities!

what good would this forum be if we didnt work together!? :P

PS: i like your icon :P

Well she is a plant, she had to 'grow' somehow! But yes, I totally agree, a lovely way to design something. I truly hope we see her enter the fray!

PS I like yours too :)

Well she is a plant, she had to 'grow' somehow! But yes, I totally agree, a lovely way to design something. I truly hope we see her enter the fray!

PS I like yours too :)

Oh no. Are the puns sprouting up again?

i thought they would be fun too! voting will be for flora's new 2. frost's bubble will be just like brambles is according to devstream 56(?). the last one.

well yes, but what if enemies who collide with the root take impact damage and get knocked down? this would give her even more cc!

Eh, I think she's really nice as is, I like the idea of focusing on support and tanking, but giving her CC just makes it feel like it's trying to do everything. If you give her only one or two main things as a focus, it allows for you to go more in depth with those things and make them more powerful, instead of trying to balance her out and make all her things not powerful, because she can do all of them instead of like 2 things.

Oh no. Are the puns sprouting up again?

this is what they stem from :)

Eh, I think she's really nice as is, I like the idea of focusing on support and tanking, but giving her CC just makes it feel like it's trying to do everything. If you give her only one or two main things as a focus, it allows for you to go more in depth with those things and make them more powerful, instead of trying to balance her out and make all her things not powerful, because she can do all of them instead of like 2 things.

well brambles was a cc skill in the first place haha, so i figured another cc skill would fit the bill. the healing is just a bonus effect and gives a bit of damage. her main focus is defense. mainly through buffs it seems as of now. without a cc move as her 2 she would have no cc thus making her a lot weaker imo. she needs a cc ability and it would probably be best on 2.

this is what they stem from :)

well brambles was a cc skill in the first place haha, so i figured another cc skill would fit the bill. the healing is just a bonus effect and gives a bit of damage. her main focus is defense. mainly through buffs it seems as of now. without a cc move as her 2 she would have no cc thus making her a lot weaker imo. she needs a cc ability and it would probably be best on 2.

Mmm, yeah I suppose so. I think the Evolving Spores or w/e is already pretty good CC, if it has a guaranteed impact proc.

Gorgeous looking warframe, dude!

Also, some ideas for names and a new secondary ability are below.

Juniper, like juniper berry.

Femlock, like hemlock but with an F instead of an H. :P

Halye, pronounced like holly.

And for the secondary ability, 

PersephoneFlora throws out a pomegranate-like object towards a group of enemies, dealing 3/5/8/10 toxin damage a second and slowing them down for 3/5/8/10 seconds. Called "Persephone" because of the daughter of Demeter, who is condemned to the underworld for the whole of autumn and winter, as she (Persephone) consumed 8 pomegranate seeds while she was there.

Hope you like the names and/or secondary ability! :D

what program(s) were used?

i wish i knew! he is not here too often and i do not think he has the 3d file anymore anyways

Gorgeous looking warframe, dude!

Also, some ideas for names and a new secondary ability are below.

Juniper, like juniper berry.

Femlock, like hemlock but with an F instead of an H. :P

Halye, pronounced like holly.

And for the secondary ability, 

PersephoneFlora throws out a pomegranate-like object towards a group of enemies, dealing 3/5/8/10 toxin damage a second and slowing them down for 3/5/8/10 seconds. Called "Persephone" because of the daughter of Demeter, who is condemned to the underworld for the whole of autumn and winter, as she (Persephone) consumed 8 pomegranate seeds while she was there.

Hope you like the names and/or secondary ability! :D

good ideas! will add soon!

• 2 weeks later...

A second flowering of plant puns! Glorious.

So I guess some people would skip the unlock and buy her with plantinum?

Someone will eventually nip it at the bud. Until then, we will let them take root and prosper. And the story to unlock Flora is just so sad! I wanna do it. Besides, your warframes don't mean as much if you buy them. Except the ones that are easy to obtain *cough* Nyx *cough*

Someone will eventually nip it at the bud. Until then, we will let them take root and prosper. And the story to unlock Flora is just so sad! I wanna do it. Besides, your warframes don't mean as much if you buy them. Except the ones that are easy to obtain *cough* Nyx *cough*

i guess we didnt intend to leaf the plant puns behind... Ill aloe it!

Does Flora currently have any special passives? I've skimmed over the Thread, and I definitely think some innate abilities are due! Perhaps a certain 'invulnerability' to Toxin or a decreased damage on the Proc due to the Warframe's purity?

Evolving Spores: Flora plants a spore on a drop, lignified enemy, or an enemy within the gas radius of phytogeneration. the spore will slowly grow and evolve over time.

stage 1: the plant has a single thorny vine in which it lashes nearby enemies.

stage 2: the plant will grow a spiny flower and will shoot thorns dealing 100/200/300/400 puncture damage with a fire rate of 1

stage 2: the plant will blossom several flowers and will burst the spines hitting all enemies in a 5/8/11/14 meter radius.

stage 3: the plant will also emit elemental damage. the element can be changed by shooting it with elements.

stage 4: the plant will grow a giant mouth, like a venus fly trap, in addition to previous abilities it will eat close enemies holding them for 5 seconds.

Wilt: flora sends a group of spores drifting in a direction for 7/8/9/10 seconds covering 1 meter per second. when the spores pass through an enemy, it steals 2/3/4/5% of their maximum armor, health and shield and gives it to flora for 10/11/12/13 seconds. flora may also cast the skill again to wilt her own body and reform at the point the spores are at, consuming the spores and effectively teleporting flora.

Offshoot: flora summons a large root underneath her, sending her into the air as well as ragdolling and dispersing nearby enemies. this may also be cast in the air, ragdolling enemies under her. deals 50/100/150/200 impact damage.

Organic Bridge: Flora generates a large root structure to arc in a direction making an alternate route of travel, doorway obstacle, and a way to block shots. the root will also send enemies in it's way flying out of the way, dealing 100/200/300/400 impact damage. If flora steps forward quickly after casting she may ride the root to it's destination.

Root Leash: Flora sends roots into an enemy linking flora to the enemy, that enemy can not travel 12/10/8/6 meters away from you and if you would travel out of the range they are dragged with you staggering them. rooting an enemy will also begin to heal you by 1/2/3/4% of your total health every 2 seconds and hurt them by that amount. Root Leash has a 4/6/8/10 seconds duration.

Razor Thicket: Flora grows briers on an enemy, when the enemy takes damage, the briers will spread onto nearby enemies as well. briers deal .5/1/1.5/2 slash damage multiplied by 2 every second effectively making an exponential damage, with a duration of 3/4/5/6 seconds.

Persephone: Flora throws out a pomegranate-like object towards a group of enemies, dealing 3/5/8/10 toxin damage a second and slowing them down for 3/5/8/10 seconds. Called "Persephone" because of the daughter of Demeter, who is condemned to the underworld for the whole of autumn and winter, as she (Persephone) consumed 8 pomegranate seeds while she was there.

LET THE VOTING BEGIN!