Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Hate It When...

Wandering_Cyberdragoness

I've been meaning to vent this out recently, and it is related to the fan concepts. It seems that concepts now, whether they are good or not, will hardly get noticed...UNLESS THERE IS SOME SHINY ART.

It seems that Art is the only thing that drives a person to even look at a concept, which is bullS#&$. If art is the only thing that drvies someone to look at the concept, then you should basically just forget about posting any kind of concept unless your art skills are good enough to attract people. 

This is a huge problem and it cannot be fixed. This is how we are, if there is just text, we wont be bothered to read it. If there is some shiny art, OH IT'S SO COOL.

And even if there is Art, the people who like the idea just basically like the concept for the art alone.

I bet you my account that if you were to remove the art from the most well known concepts out there, that they'd get as much attention as everyone else. 

I'm sorry for venting like a child, but this is something that annoys me. Concepts are what I make everyday (not related to warframe) and to see the time and effort I put into crafting these ideas just go to waste because I don't have artwork, is just complete and utter BS.

snip

You aint wrong tho

We are mostly visual creatures

when you get a new frame

or a video of a new frame, they dont start off with its stats

they start off with its look

cool frames generally are much more popular, which is frustrating because in order to get noticed, you need upvotes

but you cant get upvotes unless the concept is attractive to other players

and the best way to get players attention is through visuals

but if ya cant draw or 3d model then you are pretty much out of luck

I know how to draw farely well

but I sympathize with ya

My thing? I grow extremely frustrated every time I see just about anything miss its better potential.

Warframe has a lot of these, in fact, just about all the updates I've been around to see have low balled the players.

-Snip-

I get that feeling a lot as well. Giving me no opinion at all is actually worse than disagreeing and is worse than upvoting, just saying.

-Snip-

Completely agree.

Eh, these things happen. Y'know what they say, acquiring fame is all about timing and luck. I don't know who actually says that, but it's sadly true.

Now then, if you don't mind it's time for me to start illustrating that new concept I've got going and inevitably be disappointed in the reaction. 

I've been meaning to vent this out recently, and it is related to the fan concepts. It seems that concepts now, whether they are good or not, will hardly get noticed...UNLESS THERE IS SOME SHINY ART.

It seems that Art is the only thing that drives a person to even look at a concept, which is bullS#&$. If art is the only thing that drvies someone to look at the concept, then you should basically just forget about posting any kind of concept unless your art skills are good enough to attract people. 

This is a huge problem and it cannot be fixed. This is how we are, if there is just text, we wont be bothered to read it. If there is some shiny art, OH IT'S SO COOL.

And even if there is Art, the people who like the idea just basically like the concept for the art alone.

I bet you my account that if you were to remove the art from the most well known concepts out there, that they'd get as much attention as everyone else. 

I'm sorry for venting like a child, but this is something that annoys me. Concepts are what I make everyday (not related to warframe) and to see the time and effort I put into crafting these ideas just go to waste because I don't have artwork, is just complete and utter BS.

I know your pain.