Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Harder Bosses

NaniteCircuit

I'm able to solo each and every boss, and I'm not even that good, I just consider myself above average. Food for thought.

Edit for clarification- Not necessarily bigger, but quicker, stronger, and able to give a four-player party a challenge without an army of mooks to back them up.

Edited by Vattira

MOAR INVINCIBILTY PHASES

MOAR GLOWY WEAK SPOTS, WHICH ARE THE ONLY PLACE THEY TAKE DAMAGE

MOAR INCREDIBLY HIGH HEALTH THAT IS FAIRLY UNREASONABLE TO CHIP THROUGH

MOAR HIGH DAMAGE OUTPUTS

I just think it's nice to add suggestion son what they could do is all

Agreed! I was becoming a bit disappointed with the boss fights up until Lephantis, where I couldn't meleelololol him to death. Soloing him with mid tier gear was insanely fun, especially when i was hit with the unexpected second phase of the fight. More of this would be lovely. Higher health/armored bosses, more focus towards dodging attacks, less tank and spank.

I'd like to see a boss fight that takes 10-15 minutes to solo even with high level gear. Hell, Vindictus has boss fights that take top level players an entire hour to solo. Other games I've played have things like this and they are intensely fun and also offers the chance for community members to show off boss solo videos.

T4 Vor is a joke.

Edited by Trancestep

I thinks the idea basically is more mechanics, not just higher numbers or longer waits. I'm completely fine with mixing mechanics from other enemies into one boss (flame blade's teleport, shield lancers invulnerability in front PLUS weak spots and gimmicky skills to boot... Hey... Lol I just described void vor ha ha ha)! But yea, he wasn't too bad.

...no suggestions or anything? Just harder?

The problem with bosses is that there is no structure to the game for the boss to be planned around. The devs have to make it possible for players to beat the boss at the intended level and with reasonable gear, but then anyone can just show up with Boltorhinoprime and pwn it.

Two words: conclave scalling.

You can't only automatically scale it because people can bring super high rank weapons with low rank frames/other weapons so the boss may end up one shotting them or if they stack their frame and have low end weapons it could be an impossible HP sponge. You would have to communicate this to the player about exactly how it worked. If you did all that though they would game the system to make it easy and you're back to square one.

The only real fixes for this are things players don't like. Either the boss uses scaling mechanics like % based attacks and invincibility phases, or the game restricts you, such as with tactical alerts using conclave. Whenever DE does this stuff people call it "artificial difficulty".

Edited by VKhaun

Problem with conclave restrictions is that then you can just take off two weapons and then you are good.

Yeah that's true. Maybe if the restriction was lower than 700 / 500.

Ooh what about, like how when the cryogenics systems fail your shields get halved, they could come up with an excuse to cut your mods ranks in half for the duration of the mission?

Lotus could say something like, "Tenno, I'm detecting a disruptor in the area. Be aware that your modules will be operating at half efficiency."

Edited by Trancestep

I like the idea of conclave restrictions.

I don't.

It could offer higher rewards the more restricted the conclave rating is.

If the rewards were amazing. Conclave rating is a horrible thing.

I hope the upcoming Raid will have a difficult final boss.

The AI should probably be good anyway.

It could be better. It could learn to think when a tenno points a gun at it, It could learn to parry or block bullets, run out of the line of fire, etc. Current enemy AI does not know how to do this. In fact, its quite the opposite they go into the line of fire to do dmg, except derf anyo and Salad.

I'm able to solo each and every boss, and I'm not even that good, I just consider myself above average. Food for thought.

Edit for clarification- Not necessarily bigger, but quicker, stronger, and able to give a four-player party a challenge without an army of mooks to back them up.

Stalker with a bit more health and DR of 85%?

In making bosses more difficult for yoursef, you also have to take into account we aren't all like you. While making these bosses harder for yourself you are also going to have to make them possible for the rest of us. I think conclave scaling should be more in depth, taking into account seperate players conclaves and also what the conclave rating of these players are made up of (IE whether or not all weapons and companion are equipped, and whether or not all the conclave points are all in one or two areas aka one weapon and frame) It would make scaling more accurate, and provide more of a challenge appropriate to how well you are equipped.

In making bosses more difficult for yoursef, you also have to take into account we aren't all like you. While making these bosses harder for yourself you are also going to have to make them possible for the rest of us. I think conclave scaling should be more in depth, taking into account seperate players conclaves and also what the conclave rating of these players are made up of (IE whether or not all weapons and companion are equipped, and whether or not all the conclave points are all in one or two areas aka one weapon and frame) It would make scaling more accurate, and provide more of a challenge appropriate to how well you are equipped.

Though it wouldn't be necessarily easy, it would be doable to scale bosses based on damage per bullet, though that would end up having problems when it runs into low damage crit weapons like the Soma.