Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mixing Things Up With Syndicate Primaries

(PSN)DanceOnUrGav3

Telos was thinking, once Syndicate Primaries are introduced, they should function a little differently from the secondaries. Instead of doing 1000 AoE elemental damage, they do A SCALED DOWN VERSION of an ability from one of the respective Syndicate's favored warframes. For example... 

New Loka: Sancti Attica - upon reaching the required affinity, the weapon activates Turbulence 

Perrin Sequence: Secura Dera - upon reaching the required affinity, the weapon activates Shield Polarize 

Red Veil: Rakta Ignis - upon reaching the required affinity, the weapon activates Accelerant

Cephalon Suda: Synoid Quanta - upon reaching the required affinity, the weapon activates Sonar

Arbiters of Hexis: Telos Vectis - upon reaching the required affinity, the weapon activates Smokescreen

Steel Meridian: Vaykor Gorgon - upon reaching the required affinity, the weapon activates Iron Skin 

Note: any of these abilities that normally affect the squad, would only affect the user.  Also,  the abilities would not become more powerful based on weapon damage, so as to stop them from becoming too powerful 

Thoughts? Criticism? Suggestions? Let me hear what you guys think 

Edited by (PS4)DanceOnUrGav3

Some of them are far to situational.   For example shield polarize is only useful against corpus, otherwise its near useless, and Turbulence is useless against infested.  But, the Syndicate AOEs are useful all the time because they always do damage and proc status.  So I would stick with the Syndicate effects. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Some of them are far to situational.   For example shield polarize is only useful against corpus, otherwise its near useless, and Turbulence is useless against infested.  But, the Syndicate AOEs are useful all the time because they always do damage and proc status.  So I would stick with the Syndicate effects. 

Yes, however you almost always know what sort of enemies you'll be facing ahead of time allowing you to pick the right weapon for the job. Also, these were only  examples I came up with in about ten minutes. I tried to suggest abilities that didn't require selecting a specific target, and that weren't ultimate abilities 

How about this?

New Loka: Sancti Tigris

Perrin Sequence: Secura Tetra

Red Veil: Rakta Ignis [no complaints here]

Cephalon Suda: Synoid Flux Rifle

Arbiters of Hexis: Telos Burston

Steel Meridian: Vaykor Karak

I actually considered the Tigris, Tetra, Flux Rifle, and Karak. What effects did you have in mind for these weapons?