Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optimization For Gtx 660 + Gt520 Gpus! I Want Better Graphics!

BlutAdler

Question

I'm hoping to find an optimization from you guys on getting better quality out of my games. I sport a GTX660 and a GT520 with an i7 processor and 16 gigs of ram. I'm just wondering if you and any suggestions on how I should build my nVidia settings/warframe settings or both? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ag2fHOrJZI 

I'm aiming for something liek this with the smooth framerate.

18 answers to this question

^this

And also, don't try SLI with more than two cards. You'll just get diminishing returns.

Like that guy who had a serious issue playing Warframe because he had a quad-SLI going with four GTX Titans.

Performance isn't the problem with Tri/quad SLI, jittering is.

It would be insane otherwise, it's just not there yet.

For more cuda power! 

It's not that I can't run the game properly, I just want to if anyone had some tips for optimizing the settings to get the best out of my set up. 

I've only heard of negative results when using two GPUs at once with the cards not being identical.

Besides, the amount of CUDA cores in the 520 is insignificant.

Unless you run 2 cards of the same kind, just drop SLI.

^this

And also, don't try SLI with more than two cards. You'll just get diminishing returns.

Like that guy who had a serious issue playing Warframe because he had a quad-SLI going with four GTX Titans.

Like others have said... take the 520 out... its a low profile card and it doesn't match the gtx660. It is common knowledge that you only want to match up only the same kind of GPUs. You are shooting yourself in the foot trying to match those up, because not only are they not the same gpu, they are totally different classes of GPUs.

Ah sweet! That's one step and thank you guys for the tip. I am getting jittering and that's mainly my issue. So what would you say I should run setting wise for the most beautiful outcome?

I've got a 520, an i5 processor, and 12gb of ram, and I run the game close to max around 45 fps.

Using just the 660, I see no reason for you to not be able to max it.

But don't use color correction.

....never use color correction.

Yeah I run Warframe with a GTX 660 non-TI, and an I5 2500k overclocked to 4.0ghz

I have everything set to max with no FPS lag issues usually, running about 50-60 FPS

So if you're having problems, it's probably because of your SLI setup. SLI just isn't where it needs to be yet, especially if you're not using the same cards.

Like others have said... take the 520 out... its a low profile card and it doesn't match the gtx660. It is common knowledge that you only want to match up only the same kind of GPUs. You are shooting yourself in the foot trying to match those up, because not only are they not the same gpu, they are totally different classes of GPUs.

^This

Edited by SgtFlex

Ah sweet! That's one step and thank you guys for the tip. I am getting jittering and that's mainly my issue. So what would you say I should run setting wise for the most beautiful outcome?

Once you get your other card out that should help it (because maybe added load on the power supply that it can't handle, or it was just because the GPUs couldn't synchronize up correctly because of the vast difference of them). If it still has an issue, put v-sync on. As for more recommendations I would have to agree to not use color correction, and putting particle effects on Low can save you a lot of FPS in some situations.

Edited by Ace_Kayo

Not really so much that I can't run anything. Like I run with minimal to no problems. It's more so that I want to improve from my current situation. Warframe runs like a movie for me, sorta. While that'd be fine in and of itself, some edges are like jittery and pixelated sometimes. Also sometimes the bloom of objects gets weird too.

I'm not exactly sure how nvidia stuff works, but I thought you could set one card to deal with physx exclusively while the big boy deals with graphics.

Better than straight up throwing it out.

This is actually the setup that I've been using for quite some time (since I started playing Warframe), my GTX465 does all the normal rendering stuff and my GT640 exclusively handles PhysX (no SLI connector). They're not great cards by today's standards, and the 465 is getting pretty old, but they still run most of my games fairly well.

Also, I've never had a single, mid-range gpu which could handle both rendering and PhysX, it always resulted in frequent crashes.

I've got a 520, an i5 processor, and 12gb of ram, and I run the game close to max around 45 fps.

Using just the 660, I see no reason for you to not be able to max it.

But don't use color correction.

....never use color correction.

I don't think I could play the game without it. The colors are so dull otherwise.

I don't think I could play the game without it. The colors are so dull otherwise.

I think the colors are great in some areas with color correction on, but I can't have it on when playing Saryn or Valkyr.

With Saryn, the entire screen turns green until I turn it off once I cast an ability.

With Valkyr, I only see red when in Hysteria and it REALLY HURTS to look at.

you really should try the nvidia gtx 750 ti,

its fairly reasonable in price,can run warframe at max settings with no problem ever ,even with physx on

low power consumption too

i bought mine for about 130 usd

Or even better, if he can invest 50 $ more, he can find 760 ( with some discounts ofcourse ).