Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Glaive Really This Powerful...?

Enomilli

230410_screenshots_2013-05-02_00003_zps9

230410_screenshots_2013-05-02_00001_zpsc

With only these mods...I had decided to go to Pluto and give the Glaive a shot on higher level enemies...

Keep in mind that this is a headshot...and that this damage was constant through out the level.

Does the Glaive need a damage nerf or is it fine as is?

Why would it need a nerf? you are forcing a spinning, bladed, weapon of death at a high velocity, through someones head.... Seems like it should do immense damage. Not to mention there are mechanics in place so as to slow the rate at which you can do this.... Return speed -> charge up speed -> flight time to target.

Why would it need a nerf? you are forcing a spinning, bladed, weapon of death at a high velocity, through someones head.... Seems like it should do immense damage. Not to mention there are mechanics in place so as to slow the rate at which you can do this.... Return speed -> charge up speed -> flight time to target.

I'm merely asking for opinions...I personally think the Glaive is fine(aside from bouncing off of killed enemies)...I'm just wondering on the opinions of others...and you've made a very great one...

Corpus crewman are a notoriously bad example, because they take 20x armor piercing damage from headshots, which doesn't have anything to do with the glaive actually. The glaive itself is actually rather lacking for the melee weapon choice, since other weapons bring aoe melee cc and damage, that can completely outclass the glaives dps.

Nothing to see here, move on.

Its invalid.

Corpus take 2000% more damage from the Armor Piercing element on headshots.

It won't repeat itself against other factions.

Really? Well I did not know that...thank you for informing me.

I've wondered why it had done so much damage.

Hitting the head of a Corpus Crewman will boost the Armour-Piercing damage by 2000%. Don't ask why. And apparently, Boltor and Akbolto does not deal Armour-Piercing damage but just ignore armour instead.

EDIT: Since when did you guys post those? >_> Now I feel like I'm repeating the same things.

Edited by Liacu

if you get this nerfed there will be rage such as not seen since the times of old, back when..... yea well you get the picture. 

And I have no real opinion other than its a cool weapon i dont have yet.

Hitting the head of a Corpus Crewman will boost the Armour-Piercing damage by 2000%. Don't ask why. And apparently, Boltor and Akbolto does not deal Armour-Piercing damage but just ignore armour instead.

EDIT: Since when did you guys post those? >_> Now I feel like I'm repeating the same things.

Are you sure about the Boltor and Akbolto properties?

If I can get a single headshot into nef anyo I can kill him with one akbolto shot so I think that they do count with with +2000% bonus damage.

And just when i thought that by now everyone should know that Corpus receive +2000% extra damage on headshots when you use high lvl Armor piercing mods -.-

Wow. That was unecessary. You could have just said how the stats affected the enemy, period.

I'm sorry but your post is bullS#&$.

Testing an armor-piercing headshot against a Corpus Crewman, yeah right.

With only these mods...I had decided to go to Pluto and give the Glaive a shot on higher level enemies...

Keep in mind that this is a headshot...and that this damage was constant through out the level.

It is obvious that I did not know...instead of treating people as if they should know everything...at least have the decency to not be arrogant about correcting someone. 

For those that did give me a reasonable response thank you...modesty goes a long way.

Personally, after trying out the Glaive for a while, I find it a fun toy, but nothing as effective as a heavy weapon (or even dual ether). The charged ranged attack is a lot more powerful than most firearms (assuming mods similar level) but it is much weaker compared to a heavy weapon and during the time it is lauched, my frame feel naked without something to engage melee.

For a high level mission, think I still prefer a heavy melee weapon that does not leave my hands.

But for a lower level "leisure walk", the boomerangy toy is kinda fun, well at least I have not got tired of it yet.

Actually the Glaive is quite UP if you consider it leaves you exposed during its flight time where you have no melee weapon.

This means the theoretical rate is far far longer than any other weapon so far between "swings"

I would have nothing against it if it one-shot all enemies except bosses, because bringing it to bear a second time takes 2-4 seconds depending on how far/well you threw it.

All weapons currently out-dps the Glaive by a significant margin.

It -is- however extremely fun to use and makes for great shooty combos in-between throws.

Actually the Glaive is quite UP if you consider it leaves you exposed during its flight time where you have no melee weapon.

This means the theoretical rate is far far longer than any other weapon so far between "swings"

I would have nothing against it if it one-shot all enemies except bosses, because bringing it to bear a second time takes 2-4 seconds depending on how far/well you threw it.

All weapons currently out-dps the Glaive by a significant margin.

It -is- however extremely fun to use and makes for great shooty combos in-between throws.

Its also fairly useful against larger groups of enemies by purposefully missing and then stepping over slightly so that it cuts through all of them for decently high damage if you've modded it right, simply because it wont bounce on its return flight and will pass through cover and walls to get back to you.

Its also fairly useful against larger groups of enemies by purposefully missing and then stepping over slightly so that it cuts through all of them for decently high damage if you've modded it right, simply because it wont bounce on its return flight and will pass through cover and walls to get back to you.

Yeah its a weapon that rewards smart and skillful play.

312 damage x 1,942% = 6060 I think this is right.