Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viper Vs Twin Viper

RubickG

Question

What is better? build 1 viper, level it to 30 than fuse it with a brand new viper to create the Twin viper, or I should just create the Twin viper directly?
And another question: how many polarity slots have the Twin Viper? 2 or 1?

17 answers to this question

honestly i got along better with one viper than i did with dual, the dual are fun and do more dmg, but with the single and some good crit mods i can still kill anything with a full clip (lvl40 ancients included), other than bosses of course.

As an added bonus the single is easier to aquire and you dont run through ammo nearly as fast...

if your detrmined to have the dual just build three so you have a single one to lvl up, because its fun to use and it means more mastery but im actually kinda sad i used my lvl 30 to make dual...

Both the dual viper and the single viper have one 19px-Bar.png bar (Tactic)  polarity slot.

Edited by Veidgrim

No idea which one is better but I usually prefer the akimbo versions. The speed and amount of bullets the dual version puts out is fun to see and insane. I leveled my Viper to 30 and then crafted dual Vipers from it since I know I'm not going to use it again. You already got your mastery points from it and it saves space. Unless you're planning to have a collection to show people there's no reason to keep the single Viper.

It just has one polarity slot which is that horizontal line used mostly for elemental mods.

Viper if you want distance. Fire in bursts when dealing with the more distant enemies.

Twin Viper for a dramatic increase in damage output. Always fire in bursts as to make sure you don't waste ammo on enemies that are already dead.

And as always, aim for weak points (or in the case of infested find them)

They are both equal in my opinion, I just ended up choosing the twins because It feels symmetrical.

Edited by Guest

IMHO mastery wise, it's better to get the Viper to rank 30 first, and then making the Twin Vipers.

Because you'll still have to level a Viper to max rank for mastery, anyways.

If I fuse a lvl 30 Viper with a unranked Viper will result in an unranked Twin Vipers? Am I right?

Or for maximum carnage in minimum time: Hornet's, No Return, Gunslinger, Gambit and Target Cracker. I love my dual vipers. <3 My primaries hardly run out of ammo (Unless I use Braton), so the Dual Vipers are actually my fallback option for max damage output when I need it most.