Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moa -Redesign/tweak Concept

so. some people like the new MOA leg design. some people dont.

as an idea, i preferred the original idea of being very organic. some people point out that the new legs fit the look of the crewman better and therefore is better as a theme. however, this isnt a good thing. if you see the unit compositions, the Corpus Crewmen are equivalents to light Grineer while the MOAs are equivalents to Medium Grineers. Therefore, it can be assumed that the MOAs are, in terms of lore, much more advanced than the crewmen. i've always viewed the Crewmen as exactly that. just crewmen. they do maintenance and administrative tasks and act as support for the MOAs. that's the reason, i presume, why you do not need a lot of them. compared to MOAs, Crewmen are primitive. therefore, while the Crewmen have a big bulky dumb helmet and are not organic, the MOA's should contrast from that and be overly organic. 

HOWEVER, i agree that visually the new legs is much more interesting to look at. i know that its going back to the generic boring mech legs. but it has more interesting shapes, contrasting parts and  highlights.

so how about i combine the two? combine the organic to have better shapes, contrasts and better highlights. so i did the following paintover. 

%23%23conceptart_MOA-tweak.jpg

i also re-did the weapons as well as beefed up the Shockwave MOA's legs to suit its purpose. i went ahead and got rid of the gun on the Shockwave Moa cos it doesnt use guns. i also added a dumb looking helmet for it for more protection. that thing hasnt really been thought over and is just a placeholder when i come up with something better. i would also add some sort of optical attachment on the Railgun MOA except that i dont see enough MOA related techs to emulate what an optics would look like.

i made sure to keep the line decorations and the vent slits on the thigh

Edited by tentacleface762

so. some people like the new MOA leg design. some people dont.

as an idea, i preferred the original idea of being very organic. some people point out that the new legs fit the look of the crewman better and therefore is better as a theme. however, this isnt a good thing. if you see the unit compositions, the Corpus Crewmen are equivalents to light Grineer while the MOAs are equivalents to Medium Grineers. Therefore, it can be assumed that the MOAs are, in terms of lore, much more advanced than the crewmen. i've always viewed the Crewmen as exactly that. just crewmen. they do maintenance and administrative tasks and act as support for the MOAs. that's the reason, i presume, why you do not need a lot of them. compared to MOAs, Crewmen are primitive. therefore, while the Crewmen have a big bulky dumb helmet and are not organic, the MOA's should contrast from that and be overly organic. 

HOWEVER, i agree that visually the new legs is much more interesting to look at. i know that its going back to the generic boring mech legs. but it has more interesting shapes, contrasting parts and  highlights.

so how about i combine the two? combine the organic to have better shapes, contrasts and better highlights. so i did the following paintover. 

%23%23conceptart_MOA-tweak.jpg

i also re-did the weapons as well as beefed up the Shockwave MOA's legs to suit its purpose. i went ahead and got rid of the gun on the Shockwave Moa cos it doesnt use guns. i also added a dumb looking helmet for it for more protection. that thing hasnt really been thought over and is just a placeholder when i come up with something better. i would also add some sort of optical attachment on the Railgun MOA except that i dont see enough MOA related techs to emulate what an optics would look like.

i made sure to keep the line decorations and the vent slits on the thigh

DO WANT, WILL PAY.

I am nearly sure that Shockwaves do use guns :S

Yeah, if they knock me down sometimes they'll run up and start shooting while I attempt to stand.

That said, I still like everything I see here.