Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issue With Heavy Caliber And Boltor Prime

Sphirical

There seems to be an issue with the calculation of the accuracy on the Boltor Prime when using the Heavy Caliber Mod.

As you can see, the stat's show that it's taking up more accuracy than it should. (This is an issue with some more weapons, some are correct, some are incorrect)

0xYvUdI.jpg

A level 8 Heavy Caliber should only take up -45%, which should make the accuracy 27.5 but it put's it as 22.6.

JZZ8td4.jpg

My buddy showed me his and his is a level 6, which should be -40% but it makes the accuracy 24% when it should be 30%.

I hope DE can do something about it. I'm sure others have complained about this in the past, but this is a major issue for Boltor Prime players.

Thank you for your time~

Sphirical

Edited by Sphirical

So people blindly believing in arbitary stats and numbers still does exist?

Ok... long, long time ago Heavy Caliber instead of spread affected recoil. That was broken mechanics because there was no drawback of using recoilless weapon with Heavy Caliber installed. Because of it, DE changed how HC and 'Weapon accuracy' stat works.

What hides under 'Accuracy' are combined values of recoil and spread, influencing each other in rather unknown, mysterious way.

And this creates something you call 'bug'.

So people blindly believing in arbitary stats and numbers still does exist?

Ok... long, long time ago Heavy Caliber instead of spread affected recoil. That was broken mechanics because there was no drawback of using recoilless weapon with Heavy Caliber installed. Because of it, DE changed how HC and 'Weapon accuracy' stat works.

What hides under 'Accuracy' are combined values of recoil and spread, influencing each other in rather unknown, mysterious way.

And this creates something you call 'bug'.

The miscalculation is still there, you telling me that there is more behind it doesn't change anything.

The miscalculation is still there, you telling me that there is more behind it doesn't change anything.

^ id have to agree with sphirical.....it is still a miscalculation and still throws people off

it is nice to inform the player about how accuracy works....but i am not entirely sure where you are trying to get at lambertexe

Edited by sekushiiandee

As I said this disrepancy is a result of lack of understanding how does accuracy calculation works. While on paper (GUI) numbers are wrong, game code calculates it by using its own unknown rules. Without datamining it is close to impossible to determine the way this process works.

And as I mentioned 'accuracy' stat is arbitrary. Vectis has lower accuracy value than Boltor P yet in fact is more accurate. It's the same thing like stat bars crom Call of Duty games.

If you want correct accuracy values in the customization screen the only right way is to include spread of the weapon, recoil, deviation, directions in which weapon kicks, maximum offset range (how far crosshair may travel from center of the screen), etc. etc. written in degrees and recoil recovery time in seconds.

Seasoned players like me would welcome this warmly, but it would throw 'less-competent' people off.

Arbitrary number is easier to understand than confusing stats.

Edited by LambertExe

As I said this disrepancy is a result of lack of understanding how does accuracy calculation works. While on paper (GUI) numbers are wrong, game code calculates it by using its own unknown rules. Without datamining it is close to impossible to determine the way this process works.

And as I mentioned 'accuracy' stat is arbitrary. Vectis has lower accuracy value than Boltor P yet in fact is more accurate. It's the same thing like stat bars crom Call of Duty games.

If you want correct accuracy values in the customization screen the only right way is to include spread of the weapon, recoil, deviation, directions in which weapon kicks, maximum offset range (how far crosshair may travel from center of the screen), etc. etc. written in degrees and recoil recovery time in seconds.

Seasoned players like me would welcome this warmly, but it would throw 'less-competent' people off.

Arbitrary number is easier to understand than confusing stats.

I do agree with that, if we can get more in-depth stats that would be a lot nicer. I am a Rank 18 and have played for 2 years now. I would enjoy more information on my weapons.

I think a graph that show projectiles spread (as a cone around the targeted direction with the angle written in degree at the base ?) and maybe a curve of the damage fall off and projectiles' trajectory would be useful informations without the drawback of being difficult to understand for new/occasional players.