Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Small Tweak To Enemies To Make Them More Realistic

Renegade343

Hello all,

As enemies in the game tend to just shoot, sometimes take cover (and sometimes rather badly), throw grenades and such (i.e.: Little preservation skills that would allow their survival for an extra second), and besides that, nothing much else, would it be possible to apply the code for rolling with Leapers to both Grineer and Corpus, but with their own methods of fire evasion to make it thematically appropriate?

For the Grineer, if they are shot by a weapon for three bullets or so (or one high damage bullet) (or sometimes even when the player aims at them), then said Grineer will do a combat roll to the side to evade the subsequent shots, as they are trained for combat. For the Corpus (same criteria as the Grineer), they would sidestep out of the way instead while continuing to shoot at the target (robots will not have that, because they have no self-preservation programs coded into them). 

This would allow the enemies to be a bit more realistic while testing the player's skill in being able to react and move aim more quickly against sudden events. 

Please discuss civilly in this thread.

Renegade343

So a 1 ton spess muhreen doing a roll ?

Sorry I don't see that happening.

They should be sprinting away or moving to a different cover location.

I mean even though they can be fast, but a 1 ton armor suit will still be pretty cumbersome due to sheer size, just saying.

They should be sprinting away or moving to a different cover location.

I mean even though they can be fast, but a 1 ton armor suit will still be pretty cumbersome due to sheer size, just saying.

Considering that they are clones that are bred for combat, I think they would be adapted to it. 

Chargers do this already, and it makes them much more tactical than the rest of the infested. Same goes for Moas, they hop behind you. These type of things catch you off guard, and it keeps them from relentlessly being sprayed down with the rest of a rushing horde like most units in Warframe. I say why not? A simple roll may seem like just a roll, but it makes continous fire against hordes much more challenging.

Edited by SgtFlex

Don't just say things, prove them. This is your argument, after all. 

That?

And that?

http://www.armyprt.com/strength_and_mobility_activities/shoulder-roll.shtml

So, not that much of a stretch to allow Grineer to do some sort of roll, as real life soldiers also do that every now and then for actual combat (in the former example, for getting prone more quickly to avoid getting hit). 

Considering that they are clones that are bred for combat, I think they would be adapted to it. 

No it is still bulky.

Have you seen the size of them ?

If Excalibur is 1.9 meters tall, those guys are nearly 2.5 meters tall.

Then throw on all those HUEG pauldrons and armor. 

They are still a fat target.

I can see them hitting prone and moving aggressively from cover to cover.

But a fat rolling block is still a fat block.

Edited by fatpig84

If Excalibur is 1.9 meters tall, those guys are nearly 2.5 meters tall.

Then throw on all those HUEG pauldrons and armor. 

They are still a fat target.

And yet we still roll with all the weapons on our back (and doing a forward roll), which would realistically just end up going very badly (and painfully). So, might as well just keep the core aspects of realistic elements, without having to keep all the small details. 

Anyways, shoulder rolls can still be done with bulky armour.