The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Community Moderators

[DE]Rebecca

I'm adorable. Why would anyone ever complain about me?

Cloud thinks "I haven't used Paris in a while, its have some fun"

*loads into mission*

(Lapsed time 00:00.00) Enemy sighted

(Lapsed time 00:01.00) Notches arrow

(Lapsed time 00:01.30) arrow lodges itself in Ced32Ric's &#!

(Lapsed time 00:03.50) Notches second arrow

(Lapsed time 00:04.20) Ced32Ric has neutralised all enemies  -> arrow flies harmlessly into wall

desk%20flip.jpg

Edited by CloudPies

I meant that it should be a grander announcement since it's a nice development, a step toward the right direction. I would like that vs a post that is gonna get buried in a few days. DE did something nice; they should make sure that it's known, hence the request to post it in the news section.

Complaints are fine but I was thinking more along the lines of disappointing people because what they think a community moderator does isn't what the community moderators actually do. That's all.

I'm sure that the people selected were selected for a reason and the i'm sure that good behavior is one of those factors.

It occurs to me that in Spy missions, the datapads we all hate carrying around very likely just contain terabytes of pictures of cats. It would explain why the Lotus keeps adding that in as a secondary objective.

... That is an amazing theory.

Shouldn't this be stickied and put in the news section and highlighted? or at least stickied.

Something like "Welcome the new Community Moderators!"

I think that post should have the names and their duties so that we all know the limits. It's more to set the expectations of the community and to guide the new Mods.

ex: people might pm the community mods for help with a bug, which I do not think they can help with. :D

I suspect there'll be a brief line in the next Hot Topics thread with more or less what you're talking about.

This is a very good point. I agree.

Also, good to remember gents that if one of us takes action on something the rest will always be able to see that, including things like deleted posts.

If you feel like you are being bullied you can bring it to the attention of DERebecca or another of us Comm Mods and it is very likely you'll see a rapid stop to it.

I can't say I know the other guys very well - but I get the feeling they wouldn't let me abuse the tools I've been given and I'm not about to let it slip if I feel they are doing the same. 

Oh yeah, I've got plenty of practice chewing people out for not doing their jobs. :D

In all honesty though - from what I've seen, my fellow mods seem very responsible and the situations described are pretty unlikely.

That's great to hear. I was afraid I would have had to release my cat on you.

2LNmb.jpg

I think he's trying to mimic you. Not with the sitting on the bum but what he's doing with his paws TEE HEE

You may notice some new Green Labels around - these are Community Moderators to help keep things positive and on topic.

I noticed this recently. I just though I say hello to all the new moderators. Keep up the good work.

I'd like to thank everyone again for all your encouragement and enthusiasm. I've received a number of friendly and welcoming PMs - thanks to you guys as well!

As of today we should have all our permissions and tools and whatnot properly set up.

Moving forward we're getting settled in with the toolset we've been given and also having some important policy discussions (In essence, how to combat trolls and keep the forums civil while also trying to avoid the nasty accusations that are often thrown at us moderator-types).

So... what's the arc swing on that banhammer, huh? How much does it weigh? Heavier than a Fragor? Surely you've had a chance to test it out already. I mean, for a while there, I could hardly tell the difference between some General Discussion threads and bars in Mos Eisley. Don't tell me you haven't found a decent test subject!

brbducking

But hey, seriously, congratulations! Go Team Lotus!

Moving forward we're getting settled in with the toolset we've been given and also having some important policy discussions (In essence, how to combat trolls and keep the forums civil while also trying to avoid the nasty accusations that are often thrown at us moderator-types).

There are always going to be accusations of bias or of overbearing censorship; combating that is always as simple as being trusted by enough of the community that its core members will work against those accusations for you. That trust seems to be in place already, as folks here to recognize and respect you. Plus, y'know, the warm welcome makes it all the more apparent!

The ones who can't tell the difference between constructive criticism and a character attack are usually the ones tossing those accusations around. By their very nature, they will invalidate their own opinions with their behavior towards others.

Edited by Kahruvel

What's the difference between the normal attack and the charge attack on the banhammer?

There's already a Wikia article about the Banhammer. Read here:

SNMixa0.png

Just kidding, I didn't really add this weapon to the wiki. This was fun to write though, lol.

Edited by Kahruvel