Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Way To Find 5K Syndicate Medallions More Often

Vicious_Raptor

Casually, yesterday I forgot to switch my usual mod loadout for Syndicate Alerts, the result was about 20 mins spent into one single Exterminate trying to find all of the Data. But here's the revelation: I found my very first Genius Datum in that mission, therefore I came up with this theory: running Syndicate Alerts withotu Thief's Wit/ Loot Detector gives a greater chance of finding the legendary 5k rep medallions. 

But like every theory that's worth of attention, it needed to be tested, and so I did. Between yesterday and today I ran 6 missions without Loot Detector and/or Thief's Wit equipped, and 6 with.

The results?

As for the runs without the resource locator mods, an astonishing 4 out of 6 alerts gave me a rare medallion (the 5.000 one), while none of the runs with such mods gave me a single one. Also worth of notice is the fact that 2-5 medallions were uncommon, while running without the locator mods, while only 1-3 while running with them. The total medallion count during mission was 8, except for one run where I only got 3, but I don't think this is influenced by the mods worn, as only 1/12 runs had this happening.

If that matters, yesterday I ran the 3 daily syndicate alerts of Cephalon Suda without those mods equipped, and 3 from Steel Meridian with them. Today I did the opposite thing, to check if it was Syndicate-related, but it doesn't seem so.
All of the tests were made in Solo Mode (which has always been my option of choice when hunting for Medallions, as most random players are "meh whatever, not worth the time").

Now, I know this requires screenshots (which I didn't take because I was just too impatient and curious) and further testing, might've been just casualties. 

Feel free to try out this method and post your opinions and results below to see if we can confirm this.
Thanks for your attention, Tennos.

Could be, but to me this was surprisingly effective. I had never EVER found a rare one, and found 4 in a two day span, under certain conditions.. But yeah, again, could be RNG.

RNG is a cruel mistress who makes you want to believe theirs a pattern when their isn't.

I always use Thiefs Wit for hunting these and have found plenty of 5k medallions, even once got two in one mission.

I'm not dismissing this entirely, as you say it would need a lot more runs to come to any conclusion.

What I do know is I'd rather run with Thiefs Wit, finish finding them all a lot faster and do another mission, than run without!

I always use Thiefs Wit for hunting these and have found plenty of 5k medallions, even once got two in one mission.

I'm not dismissing this entirely, as you say it would need a lot more runs to come to any conclusion.

What I do know is I'd rather run with Thiefs Wit, finish finding them all a lot faster and do another mission, than run without!

This would be an eggcellent point, my friend, IF Syndicate Alerts were unlimited, which they aren't, sadly. So you might want to hold back from running straight into RNG's arms. But if you find you're okay with the amount of rare ones you can manage to find, that's good for you. My thread was just food for thoughts in the first place, especially for those who, like me, almost never found a rare medallion.