The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want To See Where I Aim! [All Weapons Must Have Flashlights]

Jeloxale

As I've been running infested missions and Earth (mostly during night time), I can't be without noticing that my Synoid Gammacor doesn't come with a pre-installed flashlight. Yes it's a great weapon, but not actually seeing where I'm aiming or even walking is just too much. I've been using it lately because I like continous weapons and it has really nice DPS.

All weapons should and must have flashlights! Not being able to see is something that should never happen. It's not an advantage, it is a basic standard that all primary/secondary weapons need. This is why I propose you to add flashlights to all weapons that still don't have them (community please list them below).

A weapon not being good for the sake of not having a flashlight... think about it.

Thanks

-Jay

no weapons should have flashlights!

ninja game bro, how can i be stealthy and steak up grineerers when they see a beam of light coming at them from 100 feet away?

additionally how do you tape a flash light to a Gammacor?

The Grineer sees you from several miles away while inside a black hole while you've got your full-on black colored Warframe in the shadows. I don't think making it possible for us to see what the heck is in front of us is such a bad idea. They should also increase the light spread or something as well since I feel like it's s very small area that illuminated. 

no weapons should have flashlights!

ninja game bro, how can i be stealthy and steak up grineerers when they see a beam of light coming at them from 100 feet away?

additionally how do you tape a flash light to a Gammacor?

Go do an infestation mission in Galleon with brightness set to medium and tell me if you saw anything in one of the dark bits. Hint: you won't.

Space magic. Just like how Corpus owns sweet teleporting devices yet nobody ever mentions them in current lore.

Why not just use the codex scanner to look for them?

(I know that this is extremely time consuming, but hey. You can see through walls and tell what kind of enemy is there, plus any storage crates)

Though firing any weapon(save for bows and blade type weapons, maybe some others) should give a minor glare that would be sufficient enough to see around you. After all, you are blowing up mini canisters of gunpowder in a dark space.

(I know that this is extremely time consuming, but hey. You can see through walls and tell what kind of enemy is there, plus any storage crates)

Though firing any weapon(save for bows and blade type weapons, maybe some others) should give a minor glare that would be sufficient enough to see around you. After all, you are blowing up mini canisters of gunpowder in a dark space.

Actually I use my Quanta as a flashlight because it generates a lightsource at the shooting point. Great for finding cats.

But using codex scanner... are you crazy? This is a fast paced shooter game and in combat there is absolutely no time to use it. Also I have Thief's wift with me most of the time so not helping with crates +I know almost every secret in every tile.

Good idea, wrong area. I'd love to do something like this, while holding a sniper rifle, and sitting in the darkest corner. And waiting. :3

Good idea, wrong area. I'd love to do something like this, while holding a sniper rifle, and sitting in the darkest corner. And waiting. :3

But using codex scanner. sniper rifles... are you crazy? This is a fast paced shooter game and in combat there is absolutely no time to use it.

I noticed some kind of flashlight effect doing Infestation Survival on the Infested Grineer tileset.  I've never had a problem seeing in the dark.

There are flashlights in the game but they only work in certain missions and on certain weapons. What I'm asking is giving all weapons flashlights.

Other problems with flashlights include:

Not having them on melee weapons

Flashlights intermittently turning on and off based on whether the game decides it's dark enough

Flashlights being mounted on the weapon meaning that when weapons are pointed at the ground the flashlight is effectively useless