The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Un[Official] Nickname For The New Community Moderators

Just call them Greens.  Kind of like the community managers of WoW were called the Blues.  

Though it doesn't seem like these mods have direct lines of communication with the actual devs, so grouping them together as an entity has less meaning than if we had a group of community managers (we don't; we just have Rebecca and the devs who read the forums).

Cat Haters.

I love cats.

Rolling Ball'O Death(s)

Hey. We talked about this.

Just call them Greens. Kind of like the community managers of WoW were called the Blues.  

Though it doesn't seem like these mods have direct lines of communication with the actual devs, so grouping them together as an entity has less meaning than if we had a group of community managers (we don't; we just have Rebecca and the devs who read the forums).

I like Greens. And we do have quite direct lines of communication with the devs, good sir. It's all in the shadows, though.

GREENEERs

LOL DERebecca AKA Lotus's favourite line: Something's wrong I sense a large troop of enemies coming your way; It's the GREENEER.

I'm detecting a large security force above me...

... It's the Greeneer.

lets do that from now on haha xD

Edited by Pisirk

I'm detecting a large security force above me...

... It's the Greeneer.

LOL DERebecca AKA Lotus's favourite line: Something's wrong I sense a large troop of enemies coming your way; It's the GREENEER.

lets do that from now on haha xD

Totally!  I'm glad Ced23Ric is a mod!  You deserve it man!

I love cats.

Hey. We talked about this.

I like Greens. And we do have quite direct lines of communication with the devs, good sir. It's all in the shadows, though.

WTF CED?!?!  So you're less moderators than managers then.  Moderators just handle forum behaviors and enforce the rules, while managers relay forum information from the community to the devs and vice versa.  

I vote we change the Greens/Greeneers to "community managers" then.  Or if that's redundant to Rebecca's title, how about "assistant community managers"

Totally!  I'm glad Ced23Ric is a mod!  You deserve it man!

Thankies. But don't look at it as a ... reward. It's a task, and we aren't paid employees. We're just stepping up to DE's calling, and we had the option to decline. That all accepted shows a good picking by DE, in my view. The way I am looing at it, we need some broader timezone coverage, and this is now achieved. We are still ironing out our privileges, and it will be a rocky ride until we're all firmly in the saddle.

Protect and serve. :)

WTF CED?!?!  So you're less moderators than managers then.  Moderators just handle forum behaviors and enforce the rules, while managers relay forum information from the community to the devs and vice versa. 

We have open lines of communication for the moderation purposes, is what I meant. We are not part of the development cycle outside out other channels, such as the Design Council or the Translators' Group(s).