Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Players Are Silent

DeathKoala

I've recently been hanging around Apollodorus to level weps, and have noticed that new/low MR players often don't respond at all in chat, even when something is directed towards them.

I feel like a good way to go about fixing this would be to include something in the tutorial encouraging them to communicate with their teams. Maybe the Lotus sending them a message before their first multiplayer mission reminding them that the Tenno are exponentially more powerful when working as a team, so they should be sure to communicate.

Edit: since people seem to think I feel I'm being ignored, I figured I'd clarify. Often I know they read what I typed, because they'll stop opening life support capsules early or whatever, but I just like some form of acknowledgement that they got my message. Helps with feeling like a team and all that. A simple "K" would suffice.

Edit2: Next time this happens I'll try to tell them that chat is opened with "T." That's probably something that should be included in the tutorial TBH.

This happened to me countless times, and let me tell you, being ignored is the most rude thing to do to someone. In fact it is VERY displeasing and somewhat makes me feel like they are just incompetent "meanies" or something similar if you catch my drift. I definitely agree with you. +1

"ls" = we're low on life support

"wtf" = i'm bad and just went down for a stupid reason

"lag" = self explanatory

"aaaasdaddadwadsad" = i just opened the chat window while trying to move

"hp" = trin or oberon booty call (or anyone that has healing properties)

"gj" = you did a really bad job but i'll congratulate you for effort

Thank you for clarifying this for new players.

New players are usally totally overwhelmed and intellectual busy figuring out how to play the game, they dont have the resources to type in chat as well.

Plus in other regions there are people that actually dont speak English or think Russian is a superior language or something :)

Actually, that shouldn't happen. Regions should be separated, if not then check your settings. Also, i'm....quite an experienced player so I can type and attack almost simultaneously. Practice makes perfect. 

Actually, that shouldn't happen. Regions should be separated, if not then check your settings. Also, i'm....quite an experienced player so I can type and attack almost simultaneously. Practice makes perfect. 

Regions can be freely changed. East US, or East America (whatever it is called), is the most populated. Players from all regions migrate there for that reason.

This.

Also, your assuming people are ignoring you. Some (most of?) of the newer players your referring to will be so engrossed in their mission that they won't even notice the chat messages. 500 hours in and I still miss them sometimes.

And if they do see it, with a mission like Apollodorus, most of what you can tell a newer player that will help both them and you does not require a chat response.

I'm not sure how you would miss messages... I can go 45 minutes of T4S and still check them every few seconds...