Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Game Mode [ Tenno Tower ] " The Answers You Seek Tenno.. Lie Amongst The Heavens "

pdxdubin

100 identical levels equivalent to many hours of repetitiveness

NOONONONONONONONON

Their would have to be a certain "mood" to each level.

While the starting few would seem mediocre, and repetitive and boring. and easy.

But as you progress, the levels become more dark, more sadistic. In a way where the player would feel like they are coming close to something.

As if they are coming close to something that is not meant to be? If that makes sence.

There has to be a progressive change in the tone as well as the difficulty, otherwise your right, it would become repetive.

Maybe the last 10 levels would be corrupted, the screen may flash, here and there, and stalker like enemies, maybe just ghosts or something come

at you from the darkness?

If time was put into this, and each level was taken seriously, this would be something that could draw many people into warframe, just to complete this

"daunting and beautiful challenge"

ya kno

Honestly, then its nothing like endless defence. Its more like a string of raid missions combined with 1 assassination. For one, it wouldn't be endless, everyone would be working towards a near impossible goal, but there is a goal. You're not constricted to defending a pod, which has hilariously low hp and can ruin everything, which means you're not staying in one location defending something endlessly... Although I do agree that it feels like its alright since this would be almost endless.

If theres a checkpoint system so that teams can go back highest floor (in groups of 10) that the team has reached (the lowest of the group, so members cant skip floors), this could be really fun. Got no clue on how the engine would react to this update though.

As in a checkpoint, I thought a balanced method would be to let bosses drop rare keys instead of blueprints.

These keys can later be activated to create a portal back into your dojo.

Sorta like DIABLO PORTALS

So that if you want to go back and change your gear, or take a break, you can.

But the keys have to be rare so you cant exploit this and do 1 level at a time or something.

Maybe a 10% chance for bosses to drop instead of a bp.

That would be very exciting.

Immagine your friend is on level 80, and he has a key there.

That would be a great moment of fear and excitement, where he has to choose carefully about how he will go on, to complete the challenge.

I would like to see some things like... planets having special missions that only unlock of bosses / rare mobs in that planet where killed x times in a given day or something of that nature... plus some alternative game modes like capture and hold defense, dynamic defense (i.e. having four potential defense points that have a random chance each wave to be the point needed to defend); also things like temporary boosts granted for clearing every node in a planet system to encourage people to run the nodes between the defense modes (i.e. complete all of mercury get a 5% damage boost for 2 hours, etc etc each system offering different boosts).

The tower concept is kinda nice but it would require them to more or less dump what's already there.

The image I'm talking about comes from a particular imageboard. 

A while ago that imageboard had a conversation about what we, at the time, considered 'The most ridiculously cool/hard dungeon they could do right now'.

What came of it was an enormous discussion between a lot of people about the most sadistic way to torture people while they have fun.

And yes, the dungeon did have hints of Blame! all over it.

So... lets say you hide that image you are talking about in a spoiler box that says "Mature Content! Do not open this spoiler if you are under 18 years old". Under these circumstances you should be able to make your wish come true, right? :D

Or is this one of these lame NDA images that we will maybe see in the future.

Because now I really wanna see that picture :)

So... lets say you hide that image you are talking about in a spoiler box that says "Mature Content! Do not open this spoiler if you are under 18 years old". Under these circumstances you should be able to make your wish come true, right? :D

Or is this one of these lame NDA images that we will maybe see in the future.

Because now I really wanna see that picture :)

If it makes you feel better, no. It isn't anything even remotely official. It was a conversation not entirely unlike this one.

If it makes you feel better, no. It isn't anything even remotely official. It was a conversation not entirely unlike this one.

Conversations like this, bring fourth new ideas!

Nothing is ever set in stone!

Its basically community brainstorming

Pretty sure the last boss would have to be a showdown with a group of Infested Tenno Doppelgangers of your party. It'd be YOU, only not you.

Your stats, your abilities, only a hostile AI.

Ah The classic Mirror match Finale

That's always a good choice

Edited by FrostWolf

Ah The classic Mirror match

The trick is to throw clever curveballs. Make them get stronger whenever one dies. Like a rapid mutation.

By the end you are fighting a ridiculous, superpowered infested version of one of your own number. 

Hell, perhaps instead of the same abilities and weapons they'd have special versions. Maybe Infested Ember summons a Fireblast that moves.

The trick is to throw clever curveballs. Make them get stronger whenever one dies. Like a rapid mutation.

By the end you are fighting a ridiculous, superpowered infested version of one of your own number. 

Hell, perhaps instead of the same abilities and weapons they'd have special versions. Maybe Infested Ember summons a Fireblast that moves.

Like A Flare Tornado?

Like A Flare Tornado?

Pretty much. Instead of having a copy/paste skillset they'd have 2 or 3 different specialized skills that make them more dangerous.

Imagine a superpowered Infested Mag constantly raising and lowering the gravity around a room or something.

Okay, there are about five billion posts since I last read this, so apologies if someone else offered this idea already.

Since I brought up the ammo issue a while back, what if it was made so, on death, enemies return all the bullets they were shot with? So perfect accuracy=no ammo problems. Some minor drops, to account for automatic weapons and such, but really, if you run out of ammo at any point, that's because you can't shoot well, not because the game didn't provide for you.

Okay, there are about five billion posts since I last read this, so apologies if someone else offered this idea already.

Since I brought up the ammo issue a while back, what if it was made so, on death, enemies return all the bullets they were shot with? So perfect accuracy=no ammo problems. Some minor drops, to account for automatic weapons and such, but really, if you run out of ammo at any point, that's because you can't shoot well, not because the game didn't provide for you.

I dislike that...

I feel like we should have maps that are high reward but zero ammo drops and disable artifacts... both to make it interesting and to make ammo boxes actually have a point.

Sollux has a point. There is a such thing as simply providing too little ammo. Level 100 enemies have extremely high health totals. It wouldn't be fair to put really sharp ammo limitations in place if you also expect them to deal with extremely high health enemies that require a real beating.

You can still make that content perfectly challenging without adding limitations that basically mean the players will inevitably end up having to facetank enemies and use melee.

Sounds like the nightmare area of the D3 Diablo fight. Still, fighting clones would be another awesome boss fight idea.

What about : In each planet at the last mission you get An 'If you want to do this mission' Like an optional mission with the same idea of yours but every planet has 10 rounds and in every planet the rounds get harder and harder

Edited by Spamzillasaurus