The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Of Warframe's Greatest Youtubers, Calypso, Is Almost Done With Warframe :(

XxCurtennoxX

Calypso is one player.... I know people who have played more hours, but still continue to play this awesome game. Sure content is lacking at the momemt this is to be expected. Just take a break and wait for the next update.

What I don't like is the preasure the community is giving DE, sure they have made mistakes but they continue to work on the game... The beauty of warframe is that it continues to change, just like a box of chocolates you never know what you're gonna get!

I think all veterans get burned out over time. I have as well and Im no where near as hardcore as other veterans. You know what Ive been doing instead? Playing other games. The winter steam sale gave me a much bigger backlog then usual so I tend to log in, build a forma for the day, and then I might do my dailies for syndicates. Once thats done Ill log off and play something else. Lately Ive been playing saints row the third (never played a saints row game before the franchise sale a few days ago and I freaking love it, its everything I wish GTA was). I also still need to play Ys origins, Agarest, and one of these days Im finally going to finish blackguards

This happens a lot lately. The game gets old and I just want to play something else. Then something happens and it brings me back into warframe. Until warframe has some interesting end game content I think thats how its going to be for a lot of veterans, especially those that are a lot more hardcore then I am

Burnout is a common occurrence in grind-heavy games like Warframe. I like Calypso and use his builds a lot since they fit my playstyle. I don't even remember the last time I logged into Warframe either since burnout hit me pretty hard. I can't play this game like I play Monster Hunter or Phantasy Star and put 600+ hours into each character and still want more. Some of DE's recent actions haven't exactly thrilled me either. Just have to move on if you're not having fun.

Anyone remember akamikeB?

Me. LOL old players. Sad he quitted so early, I liked his crash course videos.

He put Steel Fiber on Mesa.

Hopefully he comes back I guess :^)

Mogamu puts Viral + Radiation when squad uses 4x Corrosive Proj. hope he comes back soon :^)

Me. LOL old players. Sad he quitted so early, I liked his crash course videos.

Mogamu puts Viral + Radiation when squad uses 4x Corrosive Proj. hope he comes back soon :^)

Yeah, I never got that lol. With 4x Corrosive Projection, you just need Viral (procs and 75% damage against Flesh). Radiation for the procs with you want, but you can just go with Nyx or Loki with Irradiating Disarm to get the same effect on a larger and better scale.

OT:  Veterans will easily burn out because it's just incessant grinding. Always has been, and it seems like it always will be. DE would need to do a complete 360, but I don't see that happening.

Edited by Asterisk123

I don't know who is Calypso.

I don't know who is PotatoPowered.

If someone feels burned out, well he's free to leave. Simple as that.

Especially if he's a youtuber, better to leave than make forced videos.

The choice is up to everyone and we dont need to know the reason. Let alone highlighting a particular player leaving because of his personal reasons.

not a big deal the guy profits off giving people misinformation on builds, i can't even count how many times someone has said "but calypso said this is better" in regards to warframe and weapon builds.

Perhaps his exit from the game will impact the majority of the playerbase who are low tier and follow youtubers as if their word was gospel but in terms of actual impact, the machine will keep moving forward some other pleb will take his place and capitalise of the sheeps who blindly follow.

I respect him for his effort and contributions for attempting to help but when i have some dumb pleb tells me corrosive projection isn't a necessary mod then sings the praise of calypso i can't take the guy seriously.

You know that Warframe is growing right? Not shrinking?

Also the current problem isn't the amount of grind its just that there has been no major update for a month an a half. This kind of stuff always happens before a big update.

Maybe on pc, on consoles.... you wish. Also, grind is the problem, in better words ridiciously increase of that grind (mesa anyone? hello?)

OP Can you honestly blame him? Think about it, how much has warframe changed in past 6+ months in terms of core gameplay? Melee 2.0 sure, but its damn shame you cant enjoy it fullest without mods. Doges? mostly just mess up your gameplay because they stand in your way and sortly after that, they are stuck somewhere. Ships, nothing special. Archwing seperate gamemode, doesnt affect core gameplay at all.

If he really enjoyed warframe, he will be back, much later, but still.

Closed beta player, been playing since U5. I am veeeery burnt out. There is nothing 'new' to do, and the novelty of what the game has to offer has worn out for me. Which does suck, I love the game, I love the universe and I love DE. 

Another issue is my friends are tired of playing too (Same issue with the whole "Then what?" and being bored). So I end up by myself in my clan, with noone to chill with :(

Hoping U16 gives some excitement. 

So from now on if you want to leave not only do you have to make a meaningless post about it on the forum you have to make a video too..... :D

Seing as the guy runs a Youtube channel with 27K subs or so, he has to let his followers know in some way that he wont do much warframe content anymore.

Well, it's nothing surprising. There's so much you can do in terms of endgame in warframe once you get all the weapons and warframes that exist in the game. Plus with the addition of primed mods, they require you to basically grind your &#! out in T4S (something which you've been grinding since before) for R5 cores, cause F-ing T4S is the only reliable way to get R5 cores right now.

Greatest? *laughs so hard* no, not the greatest, maybe for you his the greatest....i stopped watching his vid afther he did the mesa vid...it just dissapointed me how he used her/described.(reffering to calypso) And yes, the burnt out stage has already kicked in.

I'm starting to notice ALOT of people do not know how to build.

When DE starts this Warframe Mentor group or something I'm signing up.......

If they judge this by forum activity then I'm screwed lol

Edited by Ishki88

I'm starting to notice ALOT of people do not know how to build.

When DE starts this Warframe Mentor group or something I'm signing up.......

If they judge this by forum activity then I'm screwed lol

Seeing how many people still wants Hammer Shot on their builds even though using Vital Sense already, alot really do not know how to build.

@Topic: I did subscribe to Calypso, Mogamu and AGGP though. Some info they have are quite useful but the way they do min-maxing? I'd just do that myself XD

Me neither really burn out right now if this week still no u16 trailer then am probably stop playing for a week and check later next week

and why some of u act like that?

did u see op already state "I understand some people won't care, and that's fine, but i just wanted to share it."

lol if u don't care just move along don't act like a smart !

Woohoo, at least some people are reading the entirety of my short post xD