Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Passive Ability: Electrical Burn

(PSN)DanceOnUrGav3

So I love volt. He's in my top 3 frames. But it's only really good against corpus. So I tried to think of a way to improve his effectiveness  against the other factions. Then it got me: Electrical Burn. All electrical damage done by volt (both powers and weapons) has a chance of doing additional fire damage. Now I know the two big arguments are going to be "no more RNG" and "fire is ember's thing", but I think it could be a nice buff. If anyone has constructive criticism or helpful input, I'd like to hear it.  

Edit: as Traybong111 pointed out, this was originally in borderlands 2. I'm not as creative as I thought I was. That being said, it worked in that game, and I think it would work in warframe as well 

Edited by (PS4)DanceOnUrGav3

Volt's shield and speed are amazing against everything, not just Corpus.

Also that's kind of an overly strong passive. "50 HP if you have no melee", "Fall slower" or "Deal bonus damage on your attacks" hmm...

I have a feeling that DE will get a little more adventurous now that  passives are an official thing. 

That's actually what I originally wanted it to be, but I couldn't think of what it should be an augment for. My first touchy was amprex, but that thing doesn't need a buff. Maybe it could work for overload? 

Blazing Speed - While speed is active you can ignite enemies by sprinting past them. Lawl.

*cough*Mechromancer*cough*

Ripping off BL2 aside, this sounds like a neat idea for an augment. If it's not good enough for an entire augment mod slot, maybe the fire proc could prolong the initial stun from Shock?

Oh yeah... That's probably why it sounded like such a good idea...  My bad lol

But neck to the ability, what ability or weapon do you think this would be a good augment for? 

Oh yeah... That's probably why it sounded like such a good idea...  My bad lol

But neck to the ability, what ability or weapon do you think this would be a good augment for? 

There are plenty of innate shock weapons (Lecta, Prova, Serro just to name the melees) so maybe Prova's slam attack? Prova needs some love :(

Or how about an augment for Flux Rifle? It's not a shock weapon but there could be an augment that takes advantage of its high status chance. For example, let's say I'm using combined element (corrosive, gas, radiation, or viral) and Flux Rifle successfully applies a status effect, then the augment gives a chance to apply further damage from either of the component elements. If Flux Rifle applied Viral on an enemy there's a chance that enemy suffers further damage from either cold or poison. 

There are plenty of innate shock weapons (Lecta, Prova, Serro just to name the melees) so maybe Prova's slam attack? Prova needs some love :(

Or how about an augment for Flux Rifle? It's not a shock weapon but there could be an augment that takes advantage of its high status chance. For example, let's say I'm using combined element (corrosive, gas, radiation, or viral) and Flux Rifle successfully applies a status effect, then the augment gives a chance to apply further damage from either of the component elements. If Flux Rifle applied Viral on an enemy there's a chance that enemy suffers further damage from either cold or poison. 

With all the electric weapons electric burn could work for, I'm half tempted to suggest it be a mod for any weapon. But then people would want similar mods for other elemental crossovers 

• 2 weeks later...