Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I'm Scared To Run Bosses Today.

Naked

As you fellow Tenno's (Tenni?) know, today is reinforcements day usually. That means a new patch and probably hotfixes and some shiny new weapons. That also means that the client has to update, and if you're REALLY lucky during the time that DE inputs the new patch in and you happen to also receive a shiny new mod or blueprint that you've been waiting for SOOOO long to get, your data won't send to the server and it'll get lost... leaving you in utter despair.

Of course it's just a game and I hope that you won't actually fall into depression, it's just discouraging to finally receive something that you've been grinding forever to get (thanks RNG gods) only to have it taken away because you were so lucky as to finish the mission as the patch hit.

IIRC, this happened last patch, 7.9.0, during an alert mission. I think DE should put an announcement before actually inputting the patch into the server, that way people get prepared as well as hyping up the community.

TL;DR: Patch hits, if you're in a mission you lose loot because data doesn't send to server, DE please implement a timed announcement prior to uploading patch

Community Thoughts on announcements

Requesting 'Beccs to go back into the sound booth.

"Tenno, there is a transmission from HQ in an hour. Prepare to return to your shuttle."

"The message will be deciphered in 30 minutes. You cannot miss this."

"The time is running out, Tenno. 10 minutes before your shuttle will receive a strategic update."

Thanks.

That's why they should do as many other games do for patches; a System-wide message appears onscreen to all players:

"The servers will be shutting down in 30/15/5/1 minute(s) to apply a patch. Downtime is expected to be approximately 30 minutes. Please finish your current mission to avoid loss of items and xp. See you back after the patch!"

..or something similar. Would help avoid some frustration.

Edited by Naked

Yea you might wanna stay out of any mission until the update is complete cause you might lose something..

If you keep an eye on council chat, you will see that they're giving a 15 min heads-up before update is coming.

You can also expect it will be several hours from now.

Anyways, I thought you could finish your mission even though the update was up but I could be wrong..

LOL! I think it would be a good thing to just have a 20 minutes till servers come down for maintenance, please blah blah blah.  Then count down every 5 min till 5 minutes then update every minute.  There was a scorpion Ash helm RIGHT before the last update which was lost. (Glad I had one already but I'm sure many didn't!) Would be a great idea!

"Tenno, there is a transmission from HQ in an hour. Prepare to return to your shuttle."

"The time is running out, Tenno. 10 minutes before your shuttle will receive a strategic update."

Thanks.

Thanks.

Aaaaand just as the Server boots you

"Tenno, its the Grineer!"

That's why they should do as many other games do for patches; a System-wide message appears onscreen to all players:

"The servers will be shutting down in 30/15/5/1 minute(s) to apply a patch. Downtime is expected to be approximately 30 minutes. Please finish your current mission to avoid loss of items and xp. See you back after the patch!"

What's the worst that could happen? You lose a Multi shot mod?

Oh god... I just scared myself...

Lol. I would explode in sadness if that happened. Your "YES!!" moment would instantly become a "I'm going to hang myself in the closet..." moment.

The first part (bold) is to be expected, however the second part (underlined) usually doesn't happen, a patch just gets uploaded, we download it and we're able to play it.

I thought you could finish your mission even though the update was up but I could be wrong..

I thought this too. Every new patch so far has respectfully waited till I finished a mission and pressed OK on the results screen before asking me politely to exit as a new version is now available.

Edited by GhostlightX

I thought this too. Every new patch so far has respectfully waited till I finished a mission and pressed OK on the results screen before asking me politely to exit as a new version is now available.

This. The few times that I actually did loose my stuff due to server issues wasn't due to a patch, but server wonkiness. Patches just tell me to quit the game and patch up.

Last patch there was an error that caused anyone who was in the Alerts mission for ash helmet blueprint to not receive it ):

That's weird, I got mine. Finished the mission, had the "new version" text pop up as soon as the mission was over, closed out and updated. Went back in a few minutes later and my Ash helm blueprint was still in my inventory.