Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Haters And Downvoting

Eisvogel

I am aware that the team is now looking into this as it has taken a turn for the worst. But really people? Was there a need to reach this point? Forums are for people to freely exchange opinions and put new points of view into the table, which later on makes it possible to create even better things from the joint ideas and suggestions everyone makes. I get that one may be tempted to downvote someone insulting others for no reason or trolling, but because you don't respect another people's opinion? Because he is from a clan you don't like? Because he doesn't yet fully understands the concepts of the game?

This is pretty sad... i for one, don't really give a rat's &#! if people systematically downvote me for no apparent reason, but seeing how some people just make a habit of downvoting others just because they don't respect their ideas, or their clans or just maybe because they've said something dumb... that's sick and rotten to the core. It seems to have gotten out of control to such a point that it has become a priority matter to the team, stealing time from them instead of using it to further improve an already awesome game. Hell, people who post in another language as well, they just get murdered..... i haven't read anywhere in the forums that it was a crime to post in other language... and i know that common sense dictates that one should adapt if everything's in english, i also know that there are some sections in russian too.... but hey, maybe they missed it? Maybe they wanted to try and participate or there wasn't such an specific section in their languages? Same happens when people try to write in english without full language domain... or using a translator, what good is it to downvote them and tell them to go back to school? And probably the most common cause of downvoting is that someone else doesn't see things the way you do.... that's enough reason to try and demerit them? Because you want things your way or everyone else be damned?

I hope that i haven't taken much of your time readers and if so i apologize, but please reflect upon this. I can't really offer a solution to the problem, the only thing i can think of is that downvoting should be removed and only upvoting remain. As of late, i've taken the habit of quickly look forum posts as much as i can and upvote any non-troll/non-aggressive comment that has negative reputation.

I really wish that this community can keep on growing, but i also wish it to be a healthy and friendly one as well.

Freely exchange their opinions? You mean creating threads with the same topic (pvp / ability cooldown / Potatoes to random etc) over and over again and still wondering why people downvote this? Trolls are bad, yeah. But those bazillion threads about the same topic arent better either.....