The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

De Please Explain To Community Malva/venus Rail Exchange

(PSN)JrJester00

DE,

The community deserves an explanation as to why the rail on Malva, Venus shows V for Vendetta instead of Ascension without V attacking the rail.  Multiple allies and clans attacked this rail using credits and lots of play time and never won the rail, but they attacked it.  V never attacked the rail and now owns it.  Can you please explain why this is to the community?

10933832_10203835958363582_4562331225618

It does matter.  DE needs to explain why they are changing rail ownership without any of the proper exchange going on.  It takes 12hrs to grind to transfer a rail and DE is exchanging rail ownership without that work put in on this example.  DE needs to justify why and allow the same privileges to any other clan/ally for this than if they are going to do this.  This is a prime example of not being fair to others. 

I'd like a public explanation by DE why this was done.  They owe it to the community.

Thats very true though, V for Vendetta probably has the developers on their side which is quite biased. That should have never happened in the first place. I think an explanation is owed as their are two different founding clans for both alliances Reapers Regiment founding V for Vendetta and Tag Takers founding Ascension.

I think that what happened was that when the Solar Rails were "resetted" before the PVP content, they were the first to "claim" the Rails.

It wasn´t any need for "PVP" when you were the first to claim a rail.

And so, being that the mecchanics to win a Solar rail are TOTALLY broken (3000 rounds? WTF?) there´s almost no way to win.

I remember that they even put a "banner" once saying that they DIDN´T WANT the rail anymore.

Being as it is, even if they don´t put any Specters or even a single CR, it´s almost impossible for them to "lose" the rail.

I think that what happened was that when the Solar Rails were "resetted" before the PVP content, they were the first to "claim" the Rails.

It wasn´t any need for "PVP" when you were the first to claim a rail.

And so, being that the mecchanics to win a Solar rail are TOTALLY broken (3000 rounds? WTF?) there´s almost no way to win.

I remember that they even put a "banner" once saying that they DIDN´T WANT the rail anymore.

Being as it is, even if they don´t put any Specters or even a single CR, it´s almost impossible for them to "lose" the rail.

It doesn't matter.  All rails were fixed and playable for PvP to transfer ownership, so regardless if they did not want it anymore.  Every clan/ally still had to put a 12 hour grind into taking a rail even if the owners didn't want it anymore.  If this is the case where owners of rails no longer want them and have the ability to transfer it to whomever they want (like in this case) without the 12 hour grind, I have no problem as long as DE is fair and allows it to everyone else in the community.  

Point being the transfer of this rail from Ascension to V was transferred due to some sort of bug it still doesn't explain why V didn't have to grind 12 hours to obtain the rail.  This is not fair to the rest.

It has been brought to their attention.

Thank you

The switch is because the Ascension alliance disbanded, and the new alliance (which formed while the node was still under control) is V for Vendetta. Simply put: new name, same owner. 

Thanks for the explanation [DE]Drew.  Does this mean that if other alliances disbanded that own a rail and join another alliance can transfer their rail to the new alliance just like this case? Provided a support ticket?  

Thats very true though, V for Vendetta probably has the developers on their side which is quite biased. That should have never happened in the first place. I think an explanation is owed as their are two different founding clans for both alliances Reapers Regiment founding V for Vendetta and Tag Takers founding Ascension.

We were just as surprised as everyone else, but it was a mute point as our goal was to give away our rails to the community anyway. It was glitched prior and wouldn't allow anyone to damage it, with the change it allowed it to be taken, congrats to Prime Masters.

Edit: Taking the node the first time took 3 hours, none of us would have minded doing it again had we actually wanted it.

Thanks Drew and DE for fixing the glitch and allowing a new owner to take the node. Now let's fix attackers having outsiders loading in on defenders side so the actual defending alliance cannot do anything but sit by watching their rail die.

Edited by (PS4)D4rk50ul-v2