Update 7.10.0: Weekend Extermination Event!

[DE]Rebecca

I  am really pleased with the new update, as well as the event. However, it would seem that the first day is nearing its end and we still haven't reached 20%, which is just a shame. I guess that even if we fail, there will be some sort of consolation prize. The problem is that I see only about 10-20 Fusion Moas during each mission, with the exception of defense missions, which makes it only harder to get them.

As far as HEK is concerned, I do not think it is that much overpowered again. Even with the nerf, I was capable of 1-shotting most enemies, which seems to be the whole purpose of a shotgun up close. The sole purpose of the "nerf" was to make shotguns incapable of SNIPING enemies, 'cause if you can hit an enemy on the other side of a large, open space with a shotgun, what's the point of carrying long-distance weapons?

To those complaining that the Multishot mods are overpowered (especially on Hek) ... let me tell you that I have done countless mobile defense missions and I have over 10k confirmed Grineer kills... but I still haven't gotten a single one. And even if I did... It's only stronger against tougher enemies like bosses and heavies, but for the common trash it seems like a waste. On a shotgun, you do not have to switch to a Gorgon or Boltor so your DPS won't suck on boss runs... 'cause as far as I am concerned, my Gram deals more DPS than my Hek with all its mods.

Edit: Minor spelling correction.

Edited by Writer

14 hours or so after the update we are only 19% towards the objective..

Keep in mind that people live in different time zones and 14 of those hours a lot of people were sleeping or working/studying. I still think it's possible to make it.

Edited by Wintazu

I agree with people's estimates of their only being 10-20 Fusion Moas per mission.

In Online that means that each person is getting 2.5 to 5 kills per mission(most are 4 player online).

If you can solo the mission in anything under four times the Online speed you are getting more kills per hour.  Also, soloing the mission has the added benefit of not having to face the LAG MONSTER and thus can sometimes be done faster than Online.

I know this is counter to what DE would like, but it makes perfect sense that in order for us Tenno to prevail we must for the benefit of us all do what must be done to meet this deadline.

WEEKEND EXTERMINATION EVENT!

The Moa Army has landed!

Tenno, now is the time to fight. You will be rewarded.

- New "Operations" global challenge system.

I haven't tried this new update out yet as I only just found out about it earlier. Will these be a weekly thing? or be similiar to the current Alert system? or is it just a special one time event?

In game dialog states "relic" so I am guessing it is a new Artifact and thus will not require inventory slot.

The image they show when talking about the relic shows what appears to be a humanoid shape.  Wouldn't surprised if it was a warframe or some kind of boss.

I don't understand this event...I feel silly, but I don't get it. Do we have to go to a certain mission? Do we have to do defense missions until these things appear? Is it fighting Corpus, or just these new MOAs? It's not clear to me.

Corpus missions in Europa spawn Fusion Moas. Kill a bajillion of them.

Defense missions aren't a great way to find them, unless you're ready to do a lot of waves. The Fusion Moas won't start spawning until wave 5 or so.

Defense missions aren't a great way to find them, unless you're ready to do a lot of waves. The Fusion Moas won't start spawning until wave 5 or so.

AH, okay, thank you! The update didn't quite make it clear...

Actually thay start spawning at wave 4, at about wave 10 your getting more of them then most normal moas. Pushing past 10 and into 15-20+ You get atleast 30 of them a wave. Honestly Def is awesome for farming them if you have Banshees, and a frost

Thanks for the update DE.

Any follow up from the team, re: our PM's, on what will be happening regarding using control pads in the main menu, as well as for hacking and accessing inventory in-game?

Thanks.

Edited by Lifeshield

They fixed it with the latest hotfix to spawn in earlier waves. Or so it says in the notes, haven't done defense today yet to try it out. Been farming that Raid mission in solo the whole morning killing 15-20 Fusions MOAs per. 

Thanks DE for this event system, I hope it will become a regular thing, or maybe a weekly thing at least :p I love it! It is just something the community needs, a common goal to focus on :)

Edited by Bloodywing

Is the reward for this event in any way tied to participation? Also is the reward something we will keep or still have access to after the optional reset that has not been made an option yet? It's not clear whether its some kind of global reward or exclusive item or anything. But it would suck for those of us still waiting for the optional reset to miss out on whatever it is.

WEEKEND EXTERMINATION EVENT!

The Moa Army has landed!

Tenno, now is the time to fight. You will be rewarded.

This is a call to arms: Update Warframe now!

byKHXpg.jpg

ADDITIONS:

- New "Operations" global challenge system.

- New Corpus enemy type: Fusion MOA.

- New Warframe mod: Retribution.

- New Warframe mod: Handspring.

- New rifle mod: Thunderbolt.

- Added new "Smoke" colour palette.

- Added new death animations for Infested Charger, and Grineer Marine class enemies.

CHANGES:

- Allow users to zoom out & view entire star chart so long as session isn't public (i.e. user is waiting for random players to join via matchmaking) and final countdown isn't running.

- Mod fusion screen now resizes based on viewport size and uses a scroll bar.

- Charged melee glow now uses energy color from color picker.

- All Shotguns get a boost, effective range increased. Hek is boosted further than Strun and Boar.

- Gorgon rifle accuracy increases.

- Snipetron now has Armor Piercing damage by default, but with a slight increase to recoil.

- Burston rifle hip fire accuracy increases.

- Braton damage buff.

- Corpus Crewman head shot armor piercing multiplier reduced.

- Saryn's Moult power now has a timer, was highly exploitable

- Nyx's Chaos power now has a timer.

- Can no longer join alert missions after they’ve expired.

- Replaying an alert mission that you’ve already successfully completed will no longer award credits.

FIXES:

- Fixed issue where mods would somehow occupy the same spot and could not be accessed.

- Fixed FX on Ether Swords and Ether Daggers.

- Fixed missing terrain in Grineer levels.

- Fixed client's indication of revive progress not showing up, number of free revives on clients not being correct.

- Fixed extraction timer starting in MP when a player reaches the end trigger then goes inactive.

- Fixed Freeze Damage mods not working on some Grineer enemy types.

- Fixed bug where you could use Loki to Switch Teleport with a downed capture target.

- Fixed Loki's Switch Teleport not working on Shockwave MOA.

- Fixed Loki's Decoy power that would hang around after its creator left the game.

- Fixed distortion FX on fires.

- Fixed Datamass not being obtainable after its been teleported/respawned.

- Fixed Paris and Boar sounds that were not consistent between what the user hears and what the other players hear.

- Fixed Mag's Crush power being locked "in use" after using destructive power on explosive nervos.

- Fixed bug where lag on clients could be exploited to avoid damage from AI.

- Fixed avatars falling through active elevators when selecting revive.

- Fixed various level holes and mesh errors.

- Fixed multiple graphics related crashes.

- Fixed mods not affecting Banshee’s sonar power.

[Edit] NEW MOD DESCRIPTIONS:

- Retribution [Warframe]: Chance to do electrical damage when shield struck by melee enemies.

- Handspring [Warframe]: Quicker recovery after being knocked down.

- Thunderbolt [Paris]: Chance for arrows to explode.

[Edit 2] HOTFIX 7.10.1

- Fixed Paris unable to pick up ammo on clients.

- Fixed red damage numbers showing up randomly.

- Fixed crazy Mine Drone scale.

- Improved launcher patching of corrupt data-files.

- Fusion Moas down to early tier in defense missions.

I downloaded warframe about 2 days ago and it never has let me update warframe. I am completely unable to play and it frustrates me quite a bit. I've tried to update it thousands of time and it tells me the same thing everytime. "Update failed! The content servers are temporarily unavailable. ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT The update will be restarted shortly..." 

The update has been restarted 50 times already. Can you help me?