Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things I Believe The Sentients Should Have/be

Institute-Marksman

Being a big fan of speculating, the Sentients can't simply remain in the dark. Some things I thought of:

Seeing as how they managed to cripple the single most powerful organisation in the history of the Origin System(the Orokin), these guy must know their stuff.

- Immune to either Base or combined Damage types(Magnetic etc.). This, to show that they are a really advanced species.

- They cannot be detected by the Lotus, only by measuring extensive damage that wasn't done by known weapons.

- Live on Void Energy. Therefore, they will attempt to 'harvest' Tenno, integrate them with themselves. 

- Weapons bear resemblance with Pinecones. They can change them as they please, making weapons that can shift into any desired weapon. Known configurations are 'Bolt Gun', 'Bolt Launcher' and 'Chain Bolter'.

More coming Soon

Edited by Institute-Marksman

WAIT WAIT WAIT

WHAT IF WERE THE SENTIENTS?

NOT THE TENNO.

us. the players. the people behind the tenno.

But we are the Tenno. 

The Tenno are inside of the Warframes.

The way you said it means that the real life player is a sentient...which is crazy.

But we are the Tenno. 

The Tenno are inside of the Warframes.

The way you said it means that the real life player is a sentient...which is crazy.

n-no what if we arent sentient

what if this is a simulation in a simulation

what if the sentients are the people controlling us

+EmptyDevil

What do you think they have been doing for the time we slept? Sitting around, waiting for us to kick their &#!? No, they will have evolved, grown stronger.

+Arkitial

Yes. Definitely.

On a more serious note, the things we do, our greed(Corpus), our mindless military(Grineer), the part of us that just wants that everything is like we want it to be(Infested) and our sanity (Lotus and the Tenno) are all based on human ideals, emotions etc.

Humans are greedy, want more and MORE and MOAR, like the Corpus.

They also have the tension to spread everywhere they can and corrupt the way of nature, like the Infested.

They tend to rule with quantity, like the Grineer.

The Tenno represent our sanity, it tries to keep order in this mess we call life.

+Arkitial

Do the ends justify the means? Yes. They often do. Valkyr was corrupted by the Greedy, like many of us become a slave to our emotions. Some think they only way of getting things in hand is to use brute force(Fundamentalists/Grineer). Some are corrupted by the thought of monetary power(Bank CEO's/Corpus).

+EmptyDevil

What do you think they have been doing for the time we slept? Sitting around, waiting for us to kick their !? No, they will have evolved, grown stronger.

+Arkitial

Yes. Definitely.

On a more serious note, the things we do, our greed(Corpus), our mindless military(Grineer), the part of us that just wants that everything is like we want it to be(Infested) and our sanity (Lotus and the Tenno) are all based on human ideals, emotions etc.

we dont have anything to represent most of the dark side of human emotion...just the basic easy to understand things..which in any circumstance is wrong,people must evolve

what about the so called,mindless lusting for technology?there is a good representation of that in the tree of knowledge,humans consumed its fruit,and became infinitly more powerful over time,with the price of losing paradise

where is the infinite knowledge,with consequences trope?

Edited by GunDownGrace

+GunDownGrace

That depends on what you consider dark. I think the need to have everything your way is a pretty dark emotion.

We don't HAVE to evolve, we're not in control of that. It tends to happen when it is needed. And we don't need it, for now.

But we will try and improve ourselves, one way or another. Biologically or technologically. only time can tell.

+GunDownGrace

That depends on what you consider dark. I think the need to have everything your way is a pretty dark emotion.

We don't HAVE to evolve, we're not in control of that. It tends to happen when it is needed. And we don't need it, for now.

But we will try and improve ourselves, one way or another. Biologically or technologically. only time can tell.

nah...computers and robots,especially depending on which movie it is,heck even in equilibrium,can want everyting to be liek them with no emotion at all

it boils down to choice,we are missing something in warframe that we always have,with little bandaid fixes along the way that never quite did it

choice,good or evil,or anything inbetween

free will is the key...its so obvious that you can track down the exact problem the same way you track down a singularity

i cant be the first one in warframe to realize that aside from the occasional,watered down bandaid fix of "grineer or corpus" we have no free will ingame basically

the syndicates dont even come close to remedying this as they are all,in one way or another,trying for the same things as the lotus,just in different flavors

if you dont understand my cryptic point,let the architecht explain it to you

The Architect - The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is as apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being, thus I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection

Edited by GunDownGrace

+GunDownGrace

You speak wise words, fellow Tenno.

Perhaps they should allow us to join a faction, allow us to learn from their mistakes.

Join the Grineer, and be subject to their laws and restictions, and the fact that most of them will hate you and force you to be alone, because their brother's blood is on your hands.

Join the Corpus, be observed and treated at like an animal, feel the dozens of eyes scanning every part of you for anything valuable.

Syndicates are a step in the right direction, but they indeed do not compensate for the lack of free will.

Tenno can't have private lives, because there is a system to keep under control. We are essentially a police force, trying to stop a rioting mob.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Long story short.

1) Sentients take over technology.

2) Tenno are explicitly their counter.

Look Tenno are essentially armed with pretty much 20th century guns or even older. 

Then a fancy pointy blade weapon or stick or a boomerang wannabe and of course their side arms which could be a modern handgun to a wild west era 6 in a roll or ninja tools from ancient Japan.

These guns are not smart.

Everything you shoot requires at least some effort on the user to aim somewhat.

Even in the modern day, we already have air bursting weapons that can be pre-programmed. 

The Tenno have none of these. For any explosive they have are manually detonated (at least for castanas) which is pretty much as dumb as WW2 styled explosives.

The smartest you get is a buzlok, which is not even a Tenno gun.

As for their suits, it is heavily implied that they are bio-mechanical and their magic powers are taken from the void, which is basically a place that ignores physics for lulz. 

Not something the Sentients can easily take over.

That is why they killed Mirage duh.

Edited by fatpig84