Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Guidance On Ash Mods

Zimmies

Question

hey guys , been playing ash lately and i dont really know what mods i should get him.
im planning on these:
Maxed smoke screen
Maxed bladestorm
Level 2 teleport

lvl 1 shuriken or none at all

maxed flow

maxed vitality

Idk what else to put on him yet..

any advice? :)

Edited by Zimmies

forgot about vitality!

Redirection and Continuity mods are great for Ash and if you want more speed put in rush. Hopes this helps :)

idk about redirection.. should i get fast deflection instead? cus i really like fast regen times :D

That depends on if you are gonna supercharge Ash or not to use fast deflection, I prefer shields over hp as shields can regen whereas hp orbs can get pretty elusive at times. :D

Of course if you are going against toxics vitality will help but i prefer to run away using smoke screen. :p

Edited by Poke007

That depends on if you are gonna supercharge Ash or not to use fast deflection, I prefer shields over hp as shields can regen whereas hp orbs can get pretty elusive at times. :D

Of course if you are going against toxics vitality will help but i prefer to run away using smoke screen. :p

yeah.. reason why im going fast deflection is cus smokescreen and bladestorm stalls some time to regen my shield..

but ash's innate shield is pretty decent right? :P

Actually Smoke Screen is the reason you *don't* need Fast Deflection, because you have plenty of time to regen while stealthed.

I use, in no particular order, and not all maxxed;

Flow, Continuity, Streamline, Rush, Quick Rest, Redirection, and a little bit of Vitality, just in case I get blindsided by a non-Healing Ancient.

Vital and QR are in conflicting Polarity slots, all at or below cost of 5 is only +1 mod cost.

Nope he starts with normal shields but has 150 starting hp.

i meant at lvl 30 :P

Actually Smoke Screen is the reason you *don't* need Fast Deflection, because you have plenty of time to regen while stealthed.

I use, in no particular order, and not all maxxed;

Flow, Continuity, Streamline, Rush, Quick Rest, Redirection, and a little bit of Vitality, just in case I get blindsided by a non-Healing Ancient.

Vital and QR are in conflicting Polarity slots, all at or below cost of 5 is only +1 mod cost.

so do u max out all ur skills?

and also , is QR v impt?

How about Reach? :O

dont plan to use it :P

Edited by Zimmies

instead of quick rest, you can also use marathon(+max stamina)

focus(for blade storm) would also be good. i didn't put vitality in my ash, only redirection because shields recharge and I use a shade sentinel.

good point on vitality.. but i dont know whether i'll have enough mod cap..

Shuriken

Smoke Screen

Teleport

Blade Storm

Focus

Flow

Redirection

Continuity

Vitality

Steel fibre

should i max shuriken / teleport / bladestorm?

thanks guys! :)

shuriken yes you can.  redirection and vitality is important.

on upgraded ash warframe i have:

blade storm rank 1

shuriken rank 3

smoke screen rank 2

teleport rank 0

focus rank 2

flow rank 3

vitality rank 5

continuity rank 2

redirection rank 7

steel fibre rank 6

and i still have 3 points left for mods. but you can change the mods at any time, if you have mods.

i hope i helped you. good luck.

Edited by rap2pac

shuriken yes you can.  redirection and vitality is important.

on upgraded ash warframe i have:

blade storm rank 1

shuriken rank 3

smoke screen rank 2

teleport rank 0

focus rank 2

flow rank 3

vitality rank 5

continuity rank 2

redirection rank 7

steel fibre rank 6

and i still have 3 points left for mods. but you can change the mods at any time, if you have mods.

i hope i helped you. good luck.

hm , interesting , more on the tankish side. but im planning to max out SS though.

idk about steel fibre , is it very important? :)

thanks!

you don't really need steel fibre if your playstyle is stealthy just like what ash is for. You will not tank like a rhino or frost imo. and it is not recommended because ash has a bit low base armor(75), just a waste of mod caps.

instead of wasting caps on steel fibre, you can max out your skills(SS, Blade storm) and other more useful mods(streamline and flow).

Edited by CountChaos

don't waste your mod points on vitality, man.

focus and continuity is a must. redirection is good for prolonged melee contact. marathon (+max stamina) is great for slicing while continuisly holding shift.

my build:

mods.png
works out great. i rarely get hurt to hp and can contribute to the team adequately.

don't waste your mod points on vitality, man.

focus and continuity is a must. redirection is good for prolonged melee contact. marathon (+max stamina) is great for slicing while continuisly holding shift.

my build:

mods.png

works out great. i rarely get hurt to hp and can contribute to the team adequately.

thanks! but i plan to use Shurkien , perhaps i could pull streamline down by 3 levels? haha

Edit: and why don't u use reach? just curious , and does leveling bladestorm increase AoE? if so , i dont see a need for reach then :P

Edited by Zimmies

blade storm hits up to 13 enemies(max rank) once within 20 metre radius of your initial target.

with this range, you won't need reach. unless you want to increase it further.

it seems pretty short for me. i'll consider it. thanks!

With melee focus, I take Rush instead of Marathon. You are one of the fastest guys to get around on the map, so sprinting duration matters less. But in combat, you can dish out damage quicker if you get faster from one body to another. It made me drop teleport too - most of the time, a quick Rush assisted jump feels faster than the teleport animation. Hell, I even kill faster manually than with Blade Storm. Though I still have that in for cleaning hard-to-reach spots.

With melee focus, I take Rush instead of Marathon. You are one of the fastest guys to get around on the map, so sprinting duration matters less. But in combat, you can dish out damage quicker if you get faster from one body to another. It made me drop teleport too - most of the time, a quick Rush assisted jump feels faster than the teleport animation. Hell, I even kill faster manually than with Blade Storm. Though I still have that in for cleaning hard-to-reach spots.

well i usually use teleport to get to enemies that are in higher ground and to save down-ed teammates.

good point on rush though. But dont u ever run out of stamina quickly?

Edited by Zimmies

well i usually use teleport to get to enemies that are in higher ground and to save down-ed teammates.

good point on rush though. But dont u ever run out of stamina quickly?

yes, he does. well, at least i did. even with alt helmet. that's why i use +max stamina mod. ash is incredibly fast as it is, fast enough to dodge most bullets in close range, so i don't really think he needs rush. and marathon is less costly.

but the choice here is really yours. :)

yes, he does. well, at least i did. even with alt helmet. that's why i use +max stamina mod. ash is incredibly fast as it is, fast enough to dodge most bullets in close range, so i don't really think he needs rush. and marathon is less costly.

but the choice here is really yours. :)

yeah. i'm going for marathon. though i kinda miss my loki speed haha