Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Guidance On Ash Mods

Zimmies

Question

hey guys , been playing ash lately and i dont really know what mods i should get him.
im planning on these:
Maxed smoke screen
Maxed bladestorm
Level 2 teleport

lvl 1 shuriken or none at all

maxed flow

maxed vitality

Idk what else to put on him yet..

any advice? :)

Edited by Zimmies

Ash is one of my favorite frames and the top choice for soloing almost any mission type (except defense).

The only skills I use is teleport and blade storm.

Its got a potato (of course) and all the mods I use are as high ranked as possible (some are maxed out):

- Streamline

- Focus

- Continuity

- Redirection

- Vitality

- Rush

- Quick rest

Weapons:

- Whatever primary or secondary weapons since I don;t use them that much

- For Melee I prefer an effective dual blade setup since that is where its non-stop killing comes from

:)

Ash is one of my favorite frames and the top choice for soloing almost any mission type (except defense).

Its got a potato (of course) and all the mods I use are as high ranked as possible (some are maxed out):

- Streamline

- Focus

- Continuity

- Redirection

- Vitality

- Rush

- Quick rest

Weapons:

- For Melee I prefer an effective dual blade setup since that is where its non-stop killing comes from

im using fang for grineers and charge attack DE for corpus / infestation. im thinking of dual zoren tho.

do u plan on potato-ing ur melees?

btw , did u max tele / blade?

- Streamline

- Focus

- Continuity

- Redirection

- Vitality

- Rush

- Quick rest

Weapons:

so why the hell do you use continuity if you have no smoke screen? :D

- Streamline

- Focus

- Continuity

- Redirection

- Vitality

- Rush

- Quick rest

Weapons:

seriously, why use continuity if you don't use smoke screen? what a waste of caps lol.

seriously, why use continuity if you don't use smoke screen? what a waste of caps lol.

Good point.  I did use smoke screen before and it although it helped in tough situations a bit it just wasn't my style.  Obviously I settled on just two of the skills I liked and kept the continuity not only by force of habit but also because I use it for other frames I like to switch to.

Besides, it could be a waste of caps but in my case it is not that much since I have a few to spare :)

Edited by Just3ven

But dont u ever run out of stamina quickly?

Well, one of my 'changing' mods is a Quick Rest. In WF, you regain stamina kinda' every time you arent running. A dash, a reaload, a burst all charges a bit. My favorite feature: Stamina recharges while jumping (actually in the falling part, to be precise), not to mention wallrun jumping. So with a leveled Rush mod, I simply keep most of the time in air. With a low-level Quick Rest it means -never- running out of stamina.

But I realized it's vanity from my part. It provides no combat benefits. While the battle goes on, stamina wont run out. Attacks can't be done while running, so it keeps recharging anyways. In a party, I'm still faster than anyone with just Rush. For solo speedrunning, I still go with both.

Well, one of my 'changing' mods is a Quick Rest. In WF, you regain stamina kinda' every time you arent running. A dash, a reaload, a burst all charges a bit. My favorite feature: Stamina recharges while jumping (actually in the falling part, to be precise), not to mention wallrun jumping. So with a leveled Rush mod, I simply keep most of the time in air. With a low-level Quick Rest it means -never- running out of stamina.

But I realized it's vanity from my part. It provides no combat benefits. While the battle goes on, stamina wont run out. Attacks can't be done while running, so it keeps recharging anyways. In a party, I'm still faster than anyone with just Rush. For solo speedrunning, I still go with both.

i see..

1 question , is leveling teleport worth it?

i see..

1 question , is leveling teleport worth it?

yes, it's worth it. a max ranked teleport has 45 in game meters. But if you use continuity, you may not max it because 45 meters is the max range teleport can have.

yes, they can. they really can.

i always charge my zoren while i sprint, how else would you keep up with the mobs?

Should have been more specific. I meant shooting. That's kinda' irrelevant in an Ash thread, right? Anyway, my point stands - when I run out of stamina, it isn't in battle.

About teleport... Yeah, it's cool, but ummm... check this vid and you'll find it might be more cost-effective to simply practice a bit of getting around.

Edited by Evan_

yes, it's worth it. a max ranked teleport has 45 in game meters. But if you use continuity, you may not max it because 45 meters is the max range teleport can have.

Don't you mean Reach? Continuity is for power duration, not range.

don't waste your mod points on vitality, man.

focus and continuity is a must. redirection is good for prolonged melee contact. marathon (+max stamina) is great for slicing while continuisly holding shift.

my build:

mods.png

works out great. i rarely get hurt to hp and can contribute to the team adequately.

Very nice setup, fauxhb.

Although it irks me that Ash has 450 health and 75 armor, would anyone agree with using Vitality and Steel Fiber instead of Redirection?

I like this set up a lot and its probably what I'll do since I'm more of a Smoke screen DPS type player.

I also never liked Shuriken either. Would anyone disagree to just dump it?

Steel Fiber is very inefficient for the mod cost - you're better off with Fast Deflection and Redirection instead as Ash has a large health pool already.

I've actually dumped Shuriken from my build, I only use Smoke Screen and Blade Storm.

don't forget ash's blade storm usage as a panic button, if you manage to begin getting damaged directly into hp (armor only applies to hp, so you have plenty of time to react) you click 4 and recharge your shield.

i know i get by only with redirection for survivability, even on pluto defenses.

Should have been more specific. I meant shooting. That's kinda' irrelevant in an Ash thread, right? Anyway, my point stands - when I run out of stamina, it isn't in battle.

About teleport... Yeah, it's cool, but ummm... check this vid and you'll find it might be more cost-effective to simply practice a bit of getting around.

haha im ont really good with jumping , somehow the game doesnt respond to my jumps / crouch / sprints as quickly as i press them.

Very nice setup, fauxhb.

Although it irks me that Ash has 450 health and 75 armor, would anyone agree with using Vitality and Steel Fiber instead of Redirection?

I like this set up a lot and its probably what I'll do since I'm more of a Smoke screen DPS type player.

well , the accuracy needs work and the mana cost is pretty high imo , but , a shot it deals pretty good damage and can be useful when u're out of ammo.

Steel Fiber is very inefficient for the mod cost - you're better off with Fast Deflection and Redirection instead as Ash has a large health pool already.

I've actually dumped Shuriken from my build, I only use Smoke Screen and Blade Storm.

mods.png

Well seeing fauxhd's setup, what would you replace for Fast Deflection then?

I don't use Teleport (I find it useless as I can move fast enough to pretty much anywhere I want go already), don't have a Focus yet, so I have a different setup. I go for Sprint, Quick Rest. The rest is similar - Streamline, Flow, Continuity.

You can always mix and match to see what combo works for you. :)

Very nice setup, fauxhb.

Stay away from Steel Fiber.  The only frames I'd ever suggest it for are Saryn, Frost, and Rhino, and even then it is a dubious pick at best.  As for Vitality, I personally find that it is unnecessary and that Redirection does a much better job at keeping me alive provided I use Blade Storm and Smoke Screen when needed to regen shields.  Vitality is somewhat useful for infested defense missions, but I'd say a better strategy is to just not get anywhere near toxic ancients to begin with.

Also, I'd cast my vote to dump Shuriken.  Right now, it can be useful for killing heavies, but the aim is picky and under most circumstances, gunplay or Smoke Screen + charge spam do its job better.  Also note, Shuriken isn't going to be around much longer; I'd give it about a week or so before it is totally overhauled.  With U8 they're adding silent throwing weapons as sidearms, so Shuriken is getting a total rework.  After that, it's anyone's guess as to whether or not it'll be worthwhile.

Stay away from Steel Fiber.  The only frames I'd ever suggest it for are Saryn, Frost, and Rhino, and even then it is a dubious pick at best.  As for Vitality, I personally find that it is unnecessary and that Redirection does a much better job at keeping me alive provided I use Blade Storm and Smoke Screen when needed to regen shields.  Vitality is somewhat useful for infested defense missions, but I'd say a better strategy is to just not get anywhere near toxic ancients to begin with.

Also, I'd cast my vote to dump Shuriken.  Right now, it can be useful for killing heavies, but the aim is picky and under most circumstances, gunplay or Smoke Screen + charge spam do its job better.  Also note, Shuriken isn't going to be around much longer; I'd give it about a week or so before it is totally overhauled.  With U8 they're adding silent throwing weapons as sidearms, so Shuriken is getting a total rework.  After that, it's anyone's guess as to whether or not it'll be worthwhile.

./agree. Would only use steel fiber on frost actually, rhino never takes health damage and sarin has no close cc or defensives, so she's squishy in melee.

Fast deflection is a waste too, especially if you have a sentinel. Simply use smokescreen or blade storm when your shields die (and guardian is on cc or sentinel is dead) for a full recharge.

Some small points in vital is nice for accidental toxic DMG or knockdown stun. I use rank 3 in a spell slot, so it only adds 1extra point and it gets rid of a negative polarity.

Imo shuriken can be useful when you're out of ammo. I use it to finish off heavy gunners / ancients etc , after unloading my magazine on them.

if they rework shuriken , are we gonna lose the mod? if we do , will we get compensated?

I've been playing Ash for a while now... and noticing that
Focus only boosts Shuriken and Blade Storm. 

I'm thinking about removing focus from my build since focus on Blade Storm is not really that great.
An extra 250 on a 1000 dmg attack? Doesn't add much.

Any thoughts on this community?

Edited by FroBlock