Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Origin Stories: The First Of Them (Ch. 58: "Broken" Update)

ROSING

Excuse me I'm what?

wow.

Uh, and now for the disappointing news...

Ch. 32 will be coming out next week. By now, this project is a slave to my other obligations so expect bimonthly chapters to be more of a thing. Thanks for you understanding. Evanescent, I am prepared to defend myself if you come after me for this.

Almost 300 with better formatting and separate title/chapter pages! That's at the 8.5"x11" size though, will change substantially if I change it to published book size :P

Excuse me I'm what?

wow.

Uh, and now for the disappointing news...

Ch. 32 will be coming out next week. By now, this project is a slave to my other obligations so expect bimonthly chapters to be more of a thing. Thanks for you understanding. Evanescent, I am prepared to defend myself if you come after me for this.

Don't worry.

I like to play with my prey before the kill.....

I really must keep an eye on this while mentally slapping myself on how I did not find this masterful piece of work earlier. I absolutely love Ember x Frost and Valkyr x Rhino, though I love the love triangle(?) between Excal, Mag  and Nyx. And you absolutely nailed it with Saryn's personality and the way she acts.

Will be excitedly waiting for the next update because you've gained a fan in me! :)

*Comes out in a frilly apron* Have some cookies! They're fresh from the oven!

Are you sure you want to throw yourself into this fray, among us wolves ravening for a slice of ROSING's tale, snouts afroth with lust, in a frilly apron?

I'll have three, thanks/

Read it all in two days......

Amazing work, along the chapter it stays clear that the story and the way it was written improved, please dont let this project die, it's just too good, it's my favorite fanfic for warframe right now, it even surpassed the Stallker's Struggle.

Looking forward for next update

ffya.gif

Read it all in two days......

Amazing work, along the chapter it stays clear that the story and the way it was written improved, please dont let this project die, it's just too good, it's my favorite fanfic for warframe right now, it even surpassed the Stallker's Struggle.

Looking forward for next update

ffya.gif

This is the best fanfic i've ever read, no clichés, no over the top descriptions or forced drama, i wub it.

It's finally here...at last...and I've also reached somewhat of a milestone in that I've CLEARED THE FIRST PAGE!! Chapter 32 will be out on Post #25. As usual, please give feedback if you think it necessary, as I'm worried as all hell that the quality has suffered because I haven't been able to consistently put time into this piece.

But the question of if this story was going to die was never really valid. There would be a point at which I would end it, but I absolutely refuse to let this thing peter out and end half-finished.

Two midterms and a hash of other IRL things slamming into me this week left me drained and pretty exhausted and, if was honest, slightly more inclined to destress through Warframe instead of this story even though I was 5 days behind the deadline I set myself. Balancing this story with writing another one for my creative writing class is another factor I have to play in.

But every time someone posts here how they cleared the story in less than two days or are so excited to see the next chapter, its a boost of energy. I once thought that constructive criticism was how I could motivate myself to be a good writer. But it's more than that. While one's mistakes do need to be corrected, and I still heartily encourage you to tear me a new one, I've also come to realize how powerful it is to have someone say, "I really appreciate your work." There's nothing more motivating for me than that. So thank you to everyone who's posted a comment, who's clicked the follow button, upvoted a post, or even contributed to the number of views this page has. For you guys, I will guide this story to its rightful end, whenever or wherever that may be, regardless of the circumstances.

I swear it.

It's finally here...at last...and I've also reached somewhat of a milestone in that I've CLEARED THE FIRST PAGE!! Chapter 32 will be out on Post #25. As usual, please give feedback if you think it necessary, as I'm worried as all hell that the quality has suffered because I haven't been able to consistently put time into this piece.

But the question of if this story was going to die was never really valid. There would be a point at which I would end it, but I absolutely refuse to let this thing peter out and end half-finished.

Two midterms and a hash of other IRL things slamming into me this week left me drained and pretty exhausted and, if was honest, slightly more inclined to destress through Warframe instead of this story even though I was 5 days behind the deadline I set myself. Balancing this story with writing another one for my creative writing class is another factor I have to play in.

But every time someone posts here how they cleared the story in less than two days or are so excited to see the next chapter, its a boost of energy. I once thought that constructive criticism was how I could motivate myself to be a good writer. But it's more than that. While one's mistakes do need to be corrected, and I still heartily encourage you to tear me a new one, I've also come to realize how powerful it is to have someone say, "I really appreciate your work." There's nothing more motivating for me than that. So thank you to everyone who's posted a comment, who's clicked the follow button, upvoted a post, or even contributed to the number of views this page has. For you guys, I will guide this story to its rightful end, whenever or wherever that may be, regardless of the circumstances.

I swear it.

sdtrs.gif

You're very brave for that, it takes a lot of courage to go on a project like yours in the situation you're in, just thanks, let me tell you that you're not only doing content, you're making people smile

New chap was great, it feels so good to see such dedication, i don't think the quality as suffered, you just keep improving :D

tony-stark-blows-kisses.gif

I love your writing. Very descriptive and easy to understand. And do I smell a progression in the relationship between Excal and Mag? I like where this is going.

I would love to see how you fit in some of the other frames like Hydroid, Nova, Mesa or Mirage. From what I've read so far, I'm sure you can come up with a very nice idea for each of those frames.