Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion On "what Is Your Expectations Of The Upcoming Raids?"

Niryco

Hello! What do you mean by stages for question 5? Also how do you expect tower saves to be done like, akin to which types of games?

Have you played persona 3-4? Tartarus tower? or maybe the .Hack//G.U? even soulcalibur 4 i think?

Well in those games, you have an option which you could consider end game, this is like a giant maze, with different levels , like 100 I think, each level is a maze on its own, and some have bosses every 10-12 levels, others have puzzles, or special quests or challenges. But after a block levels, you can save your progres and return whenever you like, but you are still climbing the tower.

Look, here is a video about one of them called Forest of Pain in .hack GU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oGNXYiqo9A

Another example would be Monad Depths -  Persona 3 which is an alternate block of the tartarus and here is a video.

And here is a link to the explanation

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Monad_Depths

Thats kind of what im hoping to occur eith raids in wf (keeping the hopes high but i kno it wont happen)

Now to be specific, I'll explain what i would hope for warframe to have, i would hope to have at least a "raid" per tileset, or a new tileset whatsoever, or maybe just another void place, all we know about the void is the orokin ships inside it, but maybe there could be a planet, with different landscape or architecture, idk.

Imagine, like white mountains and void sky then you enter a huge ornamented building, the first floors are like dungeons, or security complexes,, then after those you enter a civilian stage, idk.

And each time you cross 5 levels with a lot of tiles in it, you can save your progress by killing a boss, or maybe completing a puzzle, bulding a key for a door, all of them combined, or something, that would give you kind of a navigation segment thus when re-entering the raid maze , you could choose to teleport to that place, you could go back, but none of the loot would be back, until you finish the maze, you can restart it.  Also make some stages MR restricted. to give a sense of end game.

In addition, each level could have some interesting lore;

Ie, Void planet: (the one i was describing before) You enter the planet, and see orokin streets, and from affar you see the massive building/tower/maze/city, and on each block, there is a mini quest to find something that explains some of the orokin lore.

Sentient barren world, on another system, different architecture , you are getting the deal. c:

Edited by Hayzemet

But wouldn't this be a problem since well coordination is key and if parties don't coordinate wouldn't the fun be ruined since the raid would be overtly difficult?

In my opinion, Raids are supposed to be very difficult to pull off. I'd rather have a good challenging mission that requires coordination rather than the usual "Massive firepower & powers vs Mobs" style of raids. Through this I hope that it fosters better communication and coordination between players which is something Warframe as a co-op shooter is sorely lacking.

How many missions have you ever played (other than preformed groups) that you even need to say a single word to play? People pretty much go off and do their own thing without really having to care about the objectives since they wont be in danger anyway save for the occasional "Oh crap" moment. Sure its very relaxing and easy to do most missions in game (provided you have at least a half decent group), but sometimes the mission itself should challenge us as a real team rather than us having to challenge ourselves.

Raid expectations basic 22 questions:

1. How big do you guys expect maps to be?

It's now always about the size, you know, it's about how fun it will be to walkthrough the mission. I mean, if player's are just killing the same enemies all the way to the extraction it's not fun.

2. How many tiles on average do you expect to see in these maps?

31 to 40

3. What levels do you think mobs would be in the raid?

36 to 50, and still, should they scale?

4. How accessible do you think the raid will be?

No walls, dont do it.

5. Who do you think can access raids?

Players with high mastery rank, like mastery rank of 5, i think.

6. Do you think there will be bosses? How many bosses do you think the raid will have?

Yes: 2 to 5

7. Would there be a chance to explore in raids and gain some amazing loot?

Maybe, i mean, how amazing loot can be from exploring? Only if thats not Nova Prime blueprint

8. Do you think there will be puzzles in raids? If YES, How many puzzles would there be?

Maybe: 2 to 3

9. Do you think that there would be unique and interesting mechanics regarding the environment of the raid? (Excluding puzzles)

Yes, for instance: mission could start in space from Archwing drop, and first half of the mission tenno could try to land on a grineer or corpus elite ship. Elite ship, after all, you can't just drop down from vent or whatever its called.

10. What type of gameplay would you think 8 players would lead to?

It would be interesting and fun, BUT only if you'll work out the concept of raid itself. I mean, we already have mission where we need to run towards boss, kill the boss and leave. Raids should be more than just that.

11: How long do you this a raid mission would last on average?

31 to 60 mins

12: How linear do you think the raid would be?

A straight beeline to the finish with no stops, i mean, raid shoudn't be divided into several missions.

13: How many times would you play this raid before you think it would become boring and reptitive?

More than 30 times until i wont farm what I need

14: Do any of you even think it is possible for DE to make this raid fun enough to be replayed many times?

Yes.

15: Do you think that this raid compete with void to be the next a new grinding and farming location?

No, raid is raid, it shoudnt be solo farming locations. Player's should gather strong and specific Warframes in one party to succeed in raids.

16: Would this area for sure be considered end-game?

Maybe?

17: Do you think there would be interesting plot, story and/or lore associated to this raid?

YES, there SHOULD be.

18. Do you think DE would host a "first squad to complete the raid event?" or other events of the like which require squads to achieve certain feats such as "fastest time", "Least deaths and revives" , etc etc? If YES, would they be rewarded for doing so and with what?

Yes, they would be rewarded with statues for their dodjo.

19: Do you think raid node(s) would become a thing on planets or exist solely at a single location such as Vay Hek's triangulator.

Raid nodes can exist anywhere, that's not really important.

20: On a scale of 1 to 10, with all the factors added into making a raid how epic do you expect raids to be?

21: How confident are you that the last 20 questions you answered will be true?

Very Certain

22: Did answer any of the past 21 questions change your earlier expectations of the Upcoming raids?

No

Edited by Metamorphus

1. Medium

2. 41 and more
3.  51 and above. (I think its must be 100+, because i dont wanna stay 1 hour at survival T4 to get challenge)
4. Grind walls similar to Hydroid and Lephanthis
5. Players of both high mastery ranks and conclave (because players must have a motivation to get better, to use forma on warframes and etc)
6. 2 to 5
7. No.
8. No, if Yes reward must be realy good and exsclusive)

9. Yes
10. it would be chaotic and ruin fun!
11. 31 to 60 mins
12.  a vast seamless sandbox.
13.  6 to 10 times
14. yes
15. YES
16. YES
17. YES
18. they would be rewarded with special loot,
19. The Raid node would be like those of the void and derelict types
20. 10\10
21. Very Certain
22. no

Edited by Atilla

• 2 weeks later...

Raid expectations basic 22 questions:

1. How big do you guys expect maps to be?

Big.

Would be nice if there were unlockable parts of map with their own mini bosses, wich influence the final bossfight, ae make it a bit easier or harder if you like the challenge. 

2. How many tiles on average do you expect to see in these maps?

31 to 40, 41 and more.

Bigger is nice, though I guess with some inventive level design you could have smaller maps with multiple layers.

3. What levels do you think mobs would be in the raid?

10 to 20, 21 to 35, 36 to 50, 51 and above.

Guess raids should be for all skill levels, with better rewards obviously for the higher lvls.

4. How accessible do you think the raid will be?

Grind walls similar to Hydroid and Lephanthis.

I'm alrready lighting a candle at RNGesus's shire every time I venture into a void, seeing as the numbers are never in my favor

5. Who do you think can access raids?

Options: All players for sure

Guess everyone should have a chance, survival would be better if you're well specced though ;)

6. Do you think there will be bosses? How many bosses do you think the raid will have?

5 or more.

Multi optional bosses would be nice :P

7. Would there be a chance to explore in raids and gain some amazing loot?

YES

Well it's a raid, so there's bound to be pillaging ;)

8. Do you think there will be puzzles in raids? If YES, How many puzzles would there be?

YES: 1,

What walks on 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs at noon and 3 legs in the evening?

9. Do you think that there would be unique and interesting mechanics regarding the environment of the raid? (Excluding puzzles)

YES

Would be interesting if you could infuence the final bossfight (less/more reinforcements, hamper the final boss in some way, limit his mobility or drain his shields)

10. What type of gameplay would you think 8 players would lead to?

It would be absolutely fun and amazing , it would be chaotic and fun!

Not everyone works well together, but organisd chaos can be alot of fun ;)

11: How long do you this a raid mission would last on average?

31 to 60 mins, More than 1 hour.

Guess they should take some effort and yet not be overly long, most of us got stuff to do :P

12: How linear do you think the raid would be?

Options: Split into multiple stages,

Sandboxy enviorment would promote too much aimless wandering and searchinf for the next boss/ mini boss

13: How many times would you play this raid before you think it would become boring and reptitive?

11 to 30 times, more than 30 times until there is nothing left to farm.

14: Do any of you even think it is possible for DE to make this raid fun enough to be replayed many times?

YES

If not it can always be tweaked.

15: Do you think that this raid compete with void to be the next a new grinding and farming location?

Maybe.

Depends on the rewards ofc

16: Would this area for sure be considered end-game?

Maybe.

It should be a challenge, but it shoulden't be the final thing to strive for.

17: Do you think there would be interesting plot, story and/or lore associated to this raid?

YES

18. Do you think DE would host a "first squad to complete the raid event?" or other events of the like which require squads to achieve certain feats such as "fastest time", "Least deaths and revives" , etc etc? If YES, would they be rewarded for doing so and with what?

Options: YES

19: Do you think raid node(s) would become a thing on planets or exist solely at a single location such as Vay Hek's triangulator.

Options: Raid nodes will exist on each planet. The Raid node would be like those of the void and derelict types.

Planet raids, space raids, void raids, derelict raids, raids that start in space and decend onto a planet. Go nuts.

20: On a scale of 1 to 10, with all the factors added into making a raid how epic do you expect raids to be?

1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10.

Could go ether way ofc, prolly starts at 10 and goes back down as soon as you start hating your teammates.

21: How confident are you that the last 20 questions you answered will be true?

Not confident at all.

Je suis du fromage

22: Did answer any of the past 21 questions change your earlier expectations of the Upcoming raids?

Options: dunno