Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvP?

Sendrik

PvP with plat consumables would be a great way to sell plat, it's the way most other f2p p2w games make their money. Dunno if it would really fit with this game, since the story is that the Tenno can't trust anyone but each other. I'd hate to see it add an "arena" feature because that is the worst thing of all games. Maybe a qualifying exam, where two teams of Tenno race each other to complete objectives, and you can buy boosts and aids with plat? That's not really PvP in the traditional sense though, hrm.

I still think, with having separate pvp stats for rebalancing things, 4v4 arena in this game of tdm, ctf - anyhing - would be one of the funnest pvp experiences i would have had in a long time with the game mechanics

imho current movement mecahnics fit a pvp game much better than a pve game. not saying it is bad for pve, its just selling the game short if pvp is ignored if you ask me

Edited by PhaZoN

I still think, with having separate pvp stats for rebalancing things, 4v4 arena in this game of tdm, ctf - anyhing - would be one of the funnest pvp experiences i would have had in a long time with the game mechanics

imho current movement mecahnics fit a pvp game much better than a pve game. not saying it is bad for pve, its just selling the game short if pvp is ignored if you ask me

+1 on this. I can easily see PvP running on the current engine, regardless of all other requirements such as balance and segregation.

i see, DE want to focus more at co op mo game :D

its okay.

and as i expected, they want small portion of "Duel" mode to compete with tenno.

1 vs 1 with 16 spectators will be good, i mean.. beside the mission you can do some "exhibition match" to test out your skill in front of many tenno's to your rival :D

i knew there will be a lot more extra works for script . for code and consume time. but im just hoping for the greatest this game will be for us all :D

that's my pray and little suggestion :D this is my opinion :D

Edited by wastu_spartan

• 2 months later...

What if we create a PvPCombat based Warframe that can only be used in pvp.

I think it should have constumizeble abbilities. every one can choose their own, and they can earn new mods by winning games.

it wouldn't really have a goal except getting better with you clan. in this way you don't have to compare the characters but only the abbilities.

it will be skilled based if weapon mods won't be allowed, and the weapons could be bought with points you get from killing(the points will go to the categorie of weapon you're using). In this way you can people can have the weapons they desire or like.

this idea is defenetly not perfect and need allot more things I didn't tell.

but I think it would be worth a shot. ^^

Vocal minority.

That's what Greek politicians said about protestors.

Too bad that's not true. Not all people who want to play PvP will visit the forums to offer feedback. Much like every product, if they don't like it because it lacks X/Y/Z it's hard to know.

I don't think Warframe has the capacity for a worthwhile competitive mode.

The abilities of the different frames don't suit the idea - but more importantly - PvP wouldn't suit one of the most important strengths of the game.

Random map generation.

PvP really isn't something you should want random map generation on. You want symetrical, meticulously planned maps the leave nothing to be abused so that player skill is a big deciding factor.

Warframe wasn't initially built for PvP, so like other games in the same boat, this will always prevent it from ever truly having a stand out PvP. The balancing for that sort of mode would likely hard the PvE, as most Warframe skills and weapon mods would have to recieve even further nerfs to make sure players can't one-shot each other.

Edit: There is a potential - however, for a less direct type of competition. Two teams of Tenno racing to finish objectives would easily be possible and would definitely allow for all of the games strengths to shine through. It is only direct PvP combat that will likely never work out.

Edited by Blatantfool