Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

And it all goes downhill when Aegia sees just how volatile this guy will be. Trust me, his waking in the med-bay wasn't exactly calm.

I saw! Don't you worry about that, she's not exactly one to be put off by a bit of a lightshow c:

Expect a heavy sedative in the form of Aegia when I can manage to pull myself outta bed.

Edited by Starnsy_Warnsy

I hope everyone is okay with me incorporating some links into the IC-Post for illustration, since describing poses and techniques of which I know they are found on the internet in a well-documented fashion will make the posts tedious to write and read, confusing for most people with different knowledge of martial arts than me, and in most cases everyone still ends up with different imaginations. I know it's not the best thing to do as an author, but I value clear communication higher than literary perfection in this (and similar) cases.

I hope everyone is okay with me incorporating some links into the IC-Post for illustration, since describing poses and techniques of which I know they are found on the internet in a well-documented fashion will make the posts tedious to write and read, confusing for most people with different knowledge of martial arts than me, and in most cases everyone still ends up with different imaginations. I know it's not the best thing to do as an author, but I value clear communication higher than literary perfection in this (and similar) cases.

It's fine, at least to me. I know exactly what you mean, so don't worry.

But on the bright side, Souna's got more things to scold Aegia for c:

So I may or may not actually read through the IC. I will skim through it just to get an idea of what's happening but could someone give me a rundown on the story so far?

I'd read all of it.

If you're a quick one, you'll be done with in in a little less than an hour.

It's a very good read!

So DK, you want me to change my post, since Volun isn't actually knocked out and my post sorta hinged on the whole him being unconscious thing?

I'm sure Aegia can have a mental lapse some other time if it's too much trouble to get things cleared up

EDIT: Alright, guess I'm gonna snip out Aegia's episode since it's easier than having both you AND batman change your posts since then.

Edited by Starnsy_Warnsy

Wanted to post something fun, but mind currently isn't in the right place to continue the Setup, so time for an exercise!

All characters have been Specter-ified (Meaning Data! No blood and gore, just pixels!). They've been trapped in a Cephalon space, and if they want to escape, they must escape a procedurally generated gauntlet!

That said, no one's going to beat it, but don't let that get you down! Inevitable failure only means one thing: HAM! Do it up, my friends.

So here's how this will work (And this is also an exercise in keeping up with order of events): Obstacles will repeat from the person before you, but if you get past them, you can make up new ones! (For example, Let's say I run into a spike wall and die, on your run you can die at the spike wall as well, or go past it. The person after you can die where I did, where you did, or make up a new one. And the cycle goes on.) I think it seems pretty straight forward, but then again, it's my idea. If you need clarification, ask for it fast before I turn in. :3

NOW!!! With all that intro, allow me to start us off:

Nisha felt that this all seemed pretty sketchy, but the Cephalon was quite clear in its instructions, and this young Nova wasn't one to think too much on things. Luckily, this was a test of agility, and there was no one in her dojo faster than her.

"Welp, see you guys at the finish line!" the young Tenno taunted, summoning her warframe in a burst of anti-matter before she charged past the digital start line.

The whole world-space appeared to have the effect of a Nullifier bubble, meaning that cheating with abilities was a no go, meaning that her agility was her only tool in this game. It hadn't taken her long to get up to her max speed, though with the long stretch of blank space, the massive spikes that suddenly protruded, then retracted back into the floor came as a surprise. She narrowly and clumsily dodged the first several; ones that came dangerously close to ending her run right then and there, but the pattern soon became predictable and she was able to pass the spiked floor portion of the run.

Panting like a dog and sweating like a pig, Nisha encountered the next obstacle: vector plates. Every step she took, her velocity was multiplied, sending her forward faster and faster, and with the track only about 30 meters wide, one stumble and she would be sent off the edge and into the abyss. What made matters worse was that walls were suddenly starting to spring up out of nowhere, and at this speed, so much as a graze would be enough to tear her in half. She began to scream and laugh hysterically, each narrow brush with death causing a fresh wave of adrenaline to wash over her.

At this point, her feet were hardly touching the ground anymore, but on the bright side, the amount of walls was thinning, and the vector plates seemed to be dying down in strength. Hardly believing that she made it this far, Nisha shook her head in disbelief and chuckled.

Then she saw the massive wall that stretched across the full track. Instinct took over, and before she even realized it, she bullet jumped over the wall and crashed in a heap on the other side. Sitting up and looking back, she giggled. Then, as she stood, she laughed. After realizing just how dangerous that was, she laughed harder, raising her arms in triumph as she extended her middle-finger at the wall that almost killed her.

Then the guillotine passed through her.

Edited by SpaceHelicopters