Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

Welcome, Tenno! Sorry for the wait…

tTR6o4i.jpg

This Rp will be a sort of revamp from my first Rp, The Setup. I will be changing up some of the scenarios and (hopefully) adding some new characters, but the main theme and pattern of event, peace-time, event, etc. will still remain. In case you don’t know the story, fret not, I will post more about that later. I haven’t quite decided, but I may make the thread 18+ to allow us some freedom. Just putting that out there.

Rules for this Rp:

• Don’t be OP. (It sounds like it rhymes, so you can’t forget it!)

• Romance is okay, just don’t turn my thread into an erotica.

• Limit to two active OC’s.

• Make relationships!

• Keep in mind the general Rp rules put forth by the moderators.

Rules in detail:

• Don’t be OP:  By this, I mean no giving your OC some amazing hidden power that makes them invincible in certain situations. This was a problem that irked me in the original Rp because it ruined what I set out to do, and that was to show that the Tenno aren’t invincible. As sadistic as it may sound, I want you to struggle! I put in the effort setting up these elaborate scenarios, and it really ruins it when your OC suddenly “Begins to glow with a god-like power, making them invincible and able to wipe out entire armies with a mere wave of their hand!” You are the protagonist, you are going to survive whatever hell I decide to put you through, so at least humor me by taking a few hits and showing some vulnerability. With that said, you don’t have to make every little thing kick your OC’s butt. Read the situation.

• Romance: I am not a heartless monster. I believe that love exists, and that it is a fantastic thing that brings people together during times of peace, or times of stress. My only problem with it is when it reaches the point when your imaginary PDA begins to disturb me and your fellow Rpers. If it begins to near a point where one of us might get in trouble with the moderators, I will politely ask you to tone it down or to cut it out altogether.

• Limit to two active OC’s: This is pretty self-explanatory. By active, I mean that if you make two characters, then decide to introduce another, one of your original characters will need to either die, or go visit a disco-club for a good, long while. As I said before, I will not kill you in my scenarios, however you are free to get your character killed so that you can introduce a new one. All I ask is that you don’t go crazy with it and end up killing one or both of your characters every scenario.

• Make Relationships: Granted the idea behind an Rp is to interact with others, don’t be afraid to have some fun with it. This OOC thread can be used to set up a history with other people’s OC’s, so have fun with it! Have you had an argument with another Rper in another thread? Make your OC’s mortal enemies! Want to set up some sort of shocking or elaborate scheme that you want me to be secretly in on? PM me! I don’t mind being in cahoots with you, and I don’t mind if you do it with another Rper. Just make sure that your scheme won’t completely derail or upset the flow of the Rp.

• General RP Rules: This one’s pretty self-explanatory, too. Don’t upset the admins. If they aren’t happy, then nobody’s happy.

OC’s:

I personally don’t mind if you use an already existing OC, just so long as you give them a thorough beating with a nerf-bat should they need it. Do take into consideration that overusing an OC can irk some people.

Now for some specifics. Race-wise, this thread is aimed more toward Tenno OC’s, however that shouldn’t discourage you if that isn’t your style. The Syndicates will be playing a role in this RP, so they are an option, however major factions will be unplayable (IE. Infested, Corpus, Grineer; however ex-Corpus/Grineer are allowed). Also note that if you are a non-Tenno, you may be excluded from some events, however such events are rare, and currently not planned.

It would also be wise to consider that I have my own ideas on Tenno physiology, and that I will frequently reference them. If you would like to know more, feel free to read them bellow and/or ask me, but prepare to get an ear-full. Erm, eye-full. Know that my ideas may not be correct, but they are what I choose to use narration-wise. I cannot stress that enough. If you think differently and are vehemently against my ideas, then I will be more than happy to help you figure out a way to make your Tenno follow what you want. I’m a flexible guy, just don’t take advantage of me.

Also, in order to keep immersion, no custom weaponry will be accepted. Note that this refers to weapons that are not currently in-game. For example, you can mod and color a Cernos however you like, but you cannot invent a new bow for your OC to use.

Side-note: I am okay with Gender-bending frames, but keep in mind that this also falls under the same category of using an already existing OC. Some people aren't cool with it.

If you have any questions, please, ask them.

Tenno Powers:

While it wouldn't be very fun if I limited you to the strict, text-book definition of the powers each Warframe possesses, please don't overdo it. For example: say I'm Rping as a Mirage and that there are some Corpus around the corner that I need to distract in order to pass safely. I can send a mirror copy to cause a bit of a disturbance to draw their attention away long enough for me to sneak by. I cannot send in an army of mirror copies to swarm the Crewmen as I happily skip on by. Moderation people. If you're unsure whether your action is going too far, feel free to ask. The worst I can say is "no".

OC Spreadsheets:

Since some people have some difficulty figuring out all the information they should cover, I have a pattern you can use:

Name:

Frame(if applicable):

Syndicate(if applicable:

Personality:

Appearance:

Brief History:

Relationships(confirm with others):

What I think makes Tenno tick:

The Inner-workings of the Tenno according to SpaceHelicopters

By SpaceHelicopters

pwOTBQK.jpg

Author’s Note:

While these ideas do draw inspiration from both Warframe and Dark Sector lore, some aspects may not be 100% accurate. This is mostly for use in my Rp’s, however if you choose to follow what I’ve written, feel free to use my work as a reference. All I ask is that you give credit where credit is due.

This is my attempt to explain how the Tenno work. If you’re looking for lore, try the wiki.

==================================================================

The Technocyte:

The Technocyte virus was an experimental virus fabricated by humans during the Cold War. The virus alters its host's body by mechanizing their cells, allowing the virus to directly control the resulting infected cells and assume control over their basic functions. Over time, the Technocyte virus (shortened form: T-virus) was altered by the ancient race known as the Orokin, the resulting infected life becoming what we know today as the Infested.

Within all Tenno is an older, altered strain of the Technocyte virus, the very same virus that is the underlying cause of the Infested. This strain shares a symbiotic relationship with its host body, gifting special powers in exchange for nutrients and housing. With humans being the basis for Tenno, the Technocyte causes certain changes to occur in the body. These changes occur on a cellular level, from hardened skin and muscle from infected muscle and skin cells, to increased cell division and adrenaline production.

General Abilities:

The Technocyte has a very powerful natural instinct of host preservation, quickly assimilating all outside materials that enter its host’s body. This gives Tenno both high metabolisms and an immunity to most diseases. The only material that the T-virus can’t assimilate is the Infestation, the Infestation being a variation of the Tenno’s T-virus, albeit a more intelligent and powerful strain.

Another side-effect of the virus is a hardening of the Tenno’s skin and muscle tissues, their skin being capable of resisting small caliber fire-arms without their suit. The virus also speeds up its host’s automatic healing response, making them able to recover from small cuts and wounds easily, but far from invincible. While seemingly minute, this heightened regenerative ability has opened up many Tenno specific procedures in the medical field, allowing for longer periods of time to pass for limb reattachment, and even complete limb regeneration, with some medical assistance.

The Technocyte not only bolsters its host’s cells; it introduces a new system to the Tenno’s body. This system is made up of thousands of small, hollow node clusters known as ‘Neurodes’. These neurodes can also be found in the flesh of Infested creatures, suggesting a direct link between the virus and these nodes. Scattered throughout the body, but primarily focused around the shoulder blades and upper back, these neurodes are capable of producing and storing raw energy that can then be used by the host to cast spectacular abilities. The neurodes energy production is slow and non-existent in times of fear or excitement. This is caused when the virus detects adrenaline in the host’s bloodstream. In times of intense stress, the virus will prioritize strengthening its host and readying their healing response over energy production. This suggests that the neurodes are not an essential part of the virus, but a byproduct.

Reproduction:

While Tenno do possess functioning reproductive systems, producing offspring has proven to be a seemingly impossible endeavor. Just as in most human culture, sex for Tenno can be seen as a sign of mutual affection or stress relief, but has been reduced to only that. Even with the Technocyte virus working to preserve a Tenno’s age, menopause has rendered all female Tenno infertile. Cross breeding with humans for male Tenno has proven fruitless as well. The Technocyte virus within the male’s semen kills the female’s ova, effectively preventing conception and lightly infecting the human partner. The infection won’t kill the woman, but she will experience flu-like symptoms for two to three days, with multiple attempts gifting a slight immunity to the virus in small dosages.

Attempts at Tenno cloning have proven fruitless as well. Any DNA extracted from a Tenno quickly deteriorates outside of its natural environment due to the virus, and while the Technocyte doesn’t infect blood, the blood cells are carriers of the virus, effectively ruining the samples and making them dangerous to work with.  

Shock:

Since the virus that the tenno have helps with pain, how does it react to shock?

Actually, the only Tenno with immunity to pain was Hayden Tenno, and it wasn't because of the technocyte virus. Hayden was diagnosed with a disorder known as Congenital analgesia: a disorder in which the body either lacks the proper response to pain, or cannot perceive it all together.

As most of us probably know by now, Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno, and it was thanks to this disorder that he was able to overcome his Technocyte infestation. Normally, with the initial virus created during the Cold War, patients infected with the virus were overcome with such an intense pain as the Technocyte mechanized their cells, that they either went insane, or lost all control to the virus.

The Tenno following Hayden would most likely be normal people since Congenital analgesia is such a rare disorder, only occurring once for every billion of people. Somehow, during the exodus into the void, the void energies altered the virus so that it formed a symbiotic relationship with humans.

Pain thresholds vary from Tenno to Tenno, however after years of being shot at, cut, exploded, etc., it wouldn't be too far-fetched to assume that they would have had to form a much higher pain tolerance than the average human. Similar to how Hibachi chefs learn to tolerate burns for tricks (ie. juggling flaming sticks once the cooking is done or setting their hands on fire and offering to shake hands. (Personal favorite right there.)) Instead of tips, however, the Tenno must build up their tolerance for survival.

Tenno are still susceptible to shock, however the virus does gift an increased level of resistance to shock through a heightened cellular regeneration rate. Blood loss can be combated to a point by simply increasing the rate at which bone marrow creates blood cells. Loss of consciousness can be fought off through increased production of adrenaline, however oxygen loss is a serious threat. Other than an increase in both alveoli capacity and number to allow the host to take in more air, not much can be done to combat shock due to air-loss. Suffocation, drowning, or fluctuations in air pressure will have similar effects to Tenno as they do on normal people.

So how would the virus combat heart related shock, such as being pierced, or if the heart isn't working fast and hard enough to supply the blood necessary?

Well, structural damage to the heart may prove fatal if medical help can't be sought out in time. The virus's attempts at regeneration could lengthen the fatality period, however the Tenno would need to be out of immediate danger and slow their heart rate. As cruel as it may seem, a rapid heartbeat with structural damage could worsen the injury, exciting the wound and increasing it's size, not to mention an increase in blood loss as a result.

As for getting blood out, extra adrenaline can be produced to quicken the host's heartbeat to levels that would normally prove fatal to a normal human. Under supervision of the virus, the heart can still function at levels of intense stress, but only up to a point. Think of it like overclocking your heart; it'll work harder and faster, but the risk of a heart-attack is increased and the level of stress on the body is greater, leading to a higher level of fatigue. After such an incident, a vacation would be mandatory, the heart most likely becoming weakened as a result of the increased activity and causing an increase in potential for heart related injuries until it returned to normal operating conditions.

Should a Tenno suffer a heart palpitation, or should the muscles seize, the Technocyte would most likely attempt to correct the issue. Palpitations are as simple as correcting the heart rhythm, while restarting the heart can be done via redirecting energy stored in the neurodes to restart the contractions, basically like an auto defibrillator. Should the body lack the required energy, the grace period before the virus dies, and along with it the host body, could generate enough energy with the resources stored within the body, however this is not an ideal situation and the odds of surviving are minimal at best.

Should a Tenno expire on the field, revival can be achieved at the sacrifice of a portion one's own, or a teammate's, healing nanites. More on the specifics of that under the Warframe tab.

Warframes:

Warframes are capable of integrating into the complex network of neurodes within the body. The neurodes’ possess the ability to break the frame down into raw energy and store them, allowing the Tenno to summon and dismiss the suit at will. Every Tenno reacts differently with the Technocyte virus, and in turn, the virus will react differently with every warframe. If a Tenno is incompatible with a frame, the virus will simply refuse to break it down. The only way for a Tenno to discover what frame they are compatible with is to simply try them all. No Tenno has ever been compatible with more than one suit, and while gender does seem to be a determining factor in frame compatibility, there have been cases in which female Tenno have only reacted with male frames, and vice versa. Such cases are rare, however.

Under-suits:

Under suits are the suits that all Tenno wear, in some form, underneath their warframes (Similar to underwear for humans). These suits are created during the bond that the Tenno undergo when they integrate with their frames. They are skin tight and reflect the same patterns on their frame, but can change form at will, ranging from one-piece leotards, to a two piece resembling compression shirts and shorts, to simply just a top. The suits are made up of the same mater that the suits are, the neurodes forming them from the stored energy that the frames themselves can be broken down into. The amount of material that the under-suits are made up of are irrelevant, just so long as the maintenance panel is present, located at the upper back and spread across the shoulder blades. This panel is flexible and moves with the Tenno's muscles and is almost always materialized, essentially becoming a part of their body. The function of the panel is to allow frame customization and housing of key components. Inside, modules and the orokin cell/reactor can be switched out to the user's liking, and further manipulation of dye ampules can change the suits colors.

The panel is often the most armored part of the warframe, but damaging of this key component can effectively cripple a Tenno. Should the suit's power source (Orokin cell or reactor) be removed or damaged, the suit in it's entirety will be dismissed, leaving the Tenno vulnerable. 

The panel can also be dismissed if necessary, whether it be for medical or "social" reasons, and summoned at will.

Powers:

Until they receive a frame, Tenno are completely unable to use the energy stored in their neurodes. That said, a warframe is not required to use their respective abilities once one has been acquired. The warframes seem to be the key that unlocks the potential abilities in a Tenno, the virus within reacting to the suit and changing its host accordingly over time. Once frame compatibility has been achieved, the Tenno will be able to use the frame’s abilities, however it does take time for the Tenno’s neurodes to adjust to the suit’s required energy output, resulting in an inability to perform certain abilities and fatigue. 

Healing Nanites:

Within every warframe is an allotted amount of healing nanites that the suit can replenish in time (Roughly 24 hours). These nano-machines are only available when the frame is in use, meaning that if the Tenno is currently not wearing their suit, they will not have access to the augmented healing that they provide. 

Tenno already have a heightened natural healing rate due to the Technocyte virus that allows them to recover much faster from injuries than normal humans and survive more fatal injuries, however the nanites increase the healing rate further. Their primary functions are to halt bleeding and breaking down foreign materials (ie. bullets and shrapnel) to prevent infection and reduce blood-loss. The nanites are not capable of regeneration, however, meaning that they do not speed up the blood production process in the body's hemocytoblasts located in bone marrow. They also do not speed up, nor produce, lost tissues due to injury. 

Revival of one's self or another can be done by over-clocking and sacrificing a portion of these nanites. When done, the rate of repair is increased ten-fold, effectively burning out the nanites, but not before most, if not all, wounds are sealed. The detonation of the nanites upon destruction releases microscopic waves of energy that stimulate the adrenal glands in the host's body, stimulating adrenal production, which in turn, allows them to regain consciousness.  

Gear:

Thanks to their Technocyte’s ability to convert certain matter into energy, such energy can then be absorbed, stored, and even manipulated to a degree in the host’s neurodes. Such manipulation is present in the summoning and dismissing of warframes, as well as personal customization. Other items that can be broken down and stored are Specter containment spheres, restores, handheld scanners, siphon traps, fireworks, dragon keys, infested bait, and the copious amounts of ammunition that Tenno in the field require in order to  complete their missions.

Aside from the Warframe itself, ammunition is surprisingly the most altered. This is because out on the field, scavenging the proper magazines for one’s weapon is a rather difficult task, especially so when under fire. A common practice employed by Tenno is to convert the magazines of similar weapon types into energy, absorbing said energy, and rearranging the matter to fit their weapons. The laws of conservation of mass/energy apply in this practice. Likewise, unless properly modded, Tenno are restricted to converting similar ammo types (ie.  Karak magazine to a Braton magazine).

As mentioned before, certain mods can affect the way ammunition is used. Mods that increase magazine capacity allow the Tenno to materialize larger magazines, while mods that increase ammo capacity employ complex packing methods that allow the neurodes to take in more energy at the same cost. The last ammunition mod allows the user to convert other ammo types to the ones they require, with varying payouts depending on the type converted. These mods are still installed on weapons, however the Tenno's warframe can interface with them through contact.

One final thing that the Tenno can convert into energy is living beings, however such practices are only employed in specific situations. However, one should note that people are comprised of a large amount of matter and therefore convert into a massive amount of energy that far exceeds the capacity of any known Tenno's neurodes. In such cases, being capture missions, certain people know of ways to tap into the specific and unique signals that Tenno's Technocyte virus gives off. This allows the Tenno to send the capture target's energy via frequency directly to their handler.

Such secrets, however, are well-guarded in order to protect the Tenno, making 'Tenno' hacking a non-threat, but much sought after information.

Appearance:

While they spend the majority of their time in their warframes, all Tenno possess distinct physical characteristics that make them easy to spot outside of their armored suits.

The Technocyte virus within all Tenno preserve their hosts at the end of their development stages. For most Tenno, this age ranges from early 30’s to late 40’s, however some lucky Tenno who happened to mature early can appear to be in their early to mid-20’s. With this in mind, Tenno have no set age limit, the virus’s preservation making them immortal. Do note that being immortal does not make the Tenno invincible.

Skin Color:

All Tenno retain their natural skin color from being human up until their late hundreds. As they enter into their first thousand years of life, however, most Tenno will begin to gray.

This graying of the skin is caused when the Tenno’s body reaches the point where it is no longer naturally producing its own melanin. The virus takes over this function, producing melanin for the Tenno to protect them from the sun. The melanin produced by the Technocyte is a metallic gray, a trait shared by all cells infected by the virus, aside from blood, which appears to be the only cell that the virus chooses not to infect. The metallic sheen of the melanin does not appear through the opaque first layers of skin, making the color appear as a flat gray.

Graying is a good indicator of age for Tenno, with lighter grays in the early thousands, and dark grays appearing in the later hundred-thousands. Most Primes possess varying tones of gray skin, but since Prime frames are compatible with Tenno manufactured frames, this is not an accurate indicator.

While some Tenno wear their gray skin with pride, some more self-conscious Tenno have been known to use special lotions containing pigments that can temporarily dye their skin to any color of their choosing.

Eyes:

Another indentifying factor shared by all Tenno is the bio-luminescence found in their irises. Tenno’s eyes will glow with the color corresponding to their natural energy color.  This glow will fluctuate with the Tenno’s energy levels, losing it completely if the Tenno is deprived of energy or deceased. This unnatural glow is caused by the Technocyte, however why is unknown. Some researchers speculate that the virus shares vision with its host, meaning that the Technocyte would have a higher level of intelligence than previously believed, but no solid evidence backing this up has come to light.

If after reading this you still have questions, whether you would like more specific information, or would like to know something I haven't covered, do not hesitate to ask. I'm always looking to expand this little guide, so bringing any details I have missed to my attention is always appreciated.

Introducing the Lounge, an interactive waiting room.

The Lounge

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

Damnit man! we were worried!

Although on another note! I did make a thread in your honour!

Oh and you may expect Viper to be....ah...it seems I was too late.

It would appear that I missed what Viper had originally typed, but I would assume that my response should be along the lines of an apology. Look, I really am, from the bottom of my heart sorry that I made you all worry. I shouldn't have been away as long as I was.

On a side-note: I am honored to know that you guys liked my prison idea. 

Another Character wasted on a thread that the creator decided to pull the plug on even though the interest was there...

Well, it doesn't have to be wasted. If anything, you have another OC on the back burner in case you need one. Alva can always be used on another thread. Perhaps even on Drakeardian's rp. Not trying to sound condescending, it's really hard to convey emotion through text. 

Well, it doesn't have to be wasted. If anything, you have another OC on the back burner in case you need one. Alva can always be used on another thread. Perhaps even on Drakeardian's rp. Not trying to sound condescending, it's really hard to convey emotion through text. 

First STMPD's RP and now this. And just because Drake's RP is a prison thread too doesn't mean that it's the same. You should know that. Yes I can use her elsewhere but she was created for that thread. It is a character wasted. I wasted time on reating her, I wasted time writing her, and now there's no payoff. Nothing for the work, a story just cut off.

Since the last time I wrote on the original "The Setup", I have created two new rp characters. A quick summary of my current characters that I have made;

Arthas (Excalibur): The kind, good guy. "The hero" one.

Fang (Nekros): Not so kind, anti-hero-ish and sometime mean / cruel.

New:

Erida (Valkyr): Kind as Arthas, can sometime let her anger control her (which is very rarely).

Luna (Nyx): The shy one (only when she meets new tennos though, then it might depend on the situation), the kindess of all characters I have and lastly; she also have the longest hair; her hair reaches to her hips, so she has to groom it somewhat regularly.

More info of my characters can be found on my profile. Thinking of maybe using Erida and Luna, since I used Arthas and Fang on the original thread.

Edited by WolfmanX9

Great to see the original cast! Sorry for the wait guys.

A question: I already have a few more than 2 characters in the original setup, is it fine if I slowly cut it down to two, but not too sudden? I don't want to just throw away 75% of my characters just like that.

Not saying you have to, but since I'm restarting the story, you don't have to use your original characters. That said, you could pick two to start out with, then use the others  as supporting characters until you decide to switch them out. As I wrote, you're limited to two active characters. 

Side-note:If you decide to use Sonus, he may need a bit of a beating with the nerf bat. The whole ability to use any frame kinda falls under the OP section.

Yeah!

ENTHUSIASM! Glad to see you back, Tuckr!

Since the last time I wrote on the original "The Setup", I have created two new rp characters. A quick summary of my current characters that I have made;

Arthas (Excalibur): The kind, good guy. "The hero" one.

Fang (Nekros): Not so kind, anti-hero-ish and sometime mean / cruel.

New:

Erida (Valkyr): Kind as Arthas, can sometime let her anger control her (which is very rarely).

Luna (Nyx): The shy one (only when she meets new tennos though, then it might depend on the situation), the kindess of all characters I have and lastly; she also have the longest hair; her hair reaches to her hips, so she has to groom it somewhat regularly.

More info of my characters can be found on my profile. Thinking of maybe using Erida and Luna, since I used Arthas and Fang on the original thread.

I wonder what sort of void magic in Luna's helmet keeps her hair inside...

EDIT: Just updated the first post a bit under the OC section, take a peek when you can.

Great to see the original cast! Sorry for the wait guys.

Not saying you have to, but since I'm restarting the story, you don't have to use your original characters. That said, you could pick two to start out with, then use the others  as supporting characters until you decide to switch them out. As I wrote, you're limited to two active characters. 

Side-note:If you decide to use Sonus, he may need a bit of a beating with the nerf bat. The whole ability to use any frame kinda falls under the OP section.

Ok, sure! So we're restarting the entire story from scratch?

I wonder what sort of void magic in Luna's helmet keeps her hair inside...

If you really want to know: she carefully put her hair inside of her helmet, since she uses a vespa helmet. Other than that, I really don't have another explanation than that :P.

Ok, sure! So we're restarting the entire story from scratch?

Well...not exactly. It will follow the same pattern, and the first encounter will be similar. I have added a bit and changed some things. It isn't exactly the same, but I can't really say it's different enough to be a completely different story.

If you really want to know: she carefully put her hair inside of her helmet, since she uses a vespa helmet. Other than that, I really don't have another explanation than that :P.

Wow, they must need to tell her about missions a couple hours in advance :p

SPACEY! Yer back!
And RP!
Hopefully my presence won't cause another RP to die!
(I have noted that my presence does seem to kill RPs. I don't know why. I don't mean to, It's like I'm cursed to be bored forever or something. I mean, PoW lasted a bit, and the Brimstone Labyrinth didn't seem to pick up speed...
maybe I'm worrying too much.)
Anyhoo, mind if I bring in someone?

SPACEY! Yer back!

And RP!

(I have noted that my presence does seem to kill RPs. I don't know why. I don't mean to, It's like I'm cursed to be bored forever or something. I mean, PoW lasted a bit, and the Brimstone Labyrinth didn't seem to pick up speed...

Lol I think this RP will survive.

Wow, they must need to tell her about missions a couple hours in advance :p

Something like that :P

Might add that she must brush her hair after every mission, since she have "stuffed" her hair in her helmet. So thats more work for her and then she can relax.

Beg it, I'll put him in here.

Name: James 'Hexer' Worthington

Frame: PMC-Modified Exoskeleton worn underneath combat coat

Syndicate: Self-founded PMC

Personality: Australian

Appearance: Briefly on the 'Station Delta' thread.

Brief History: Founded a PMC, causes heaps of trouble for the Corpus and Grineer, is searching for Tenno technology to give his soldiers a better edge, likes to get hands-on with some dangerous missions. prefers to meet problems 500 kilometers away with a 30 kiloton ferrous slug fired at relativistic velocity. Also has a penchant of turning Opticors into M-920 Cains

Something like that :P

Might add that she must brush her hair after every mission, since she have "stuffed" her hair in her helmet. So thats more work for her and then she can relax.

Instead of stuffing it into her helmet I'd recommend braids. Much easier to handle, it fits and you don't have to go through the annoyance of trying to get in all the lose hair only to have some that refuses to cooperate. I speak from experience on this. 

Instead of stuffing it into her helmet I'd recommend braids. Much easier to handle, it fits and you don't have to go through the annoyance of trying to get in all the lose hair only to have some that refuses to cooperate. I speak from experience on this. 

She could do that, but she prefers to let her be loose and I don't think that she don't want to put the extra effort to braid her hair every time when she is going on to a mission and then un-braid the hair after the mission. So the "quick" option it is. She would only braid her hair during certain ceremonies or holidays. 

Figures you guys all come out to play when I go to bed. *Harrumph.* (In ya'll's defense, I usually go to bed early during the week.)

Glad to see you back, Copters.

Glad to be back, Sam :)

When will it start? I can't wait!

I'll probably give it another day or two. Knowing me, however, I might get impatient.

SPACEY! Yer back!
And RP!

Back and better then ever, baby! Perhaps you're a harbinger of the end times? (I'm sorry, that was mean.) Fret not, I am back, and I intend to stay.

Mind? MIND! I am insulted that you would think I possessed the ability to say no! D=< (It's cool man, go ahead.)

Glad to have u back :)

So i can use my guy from the previous RP?

Of course! However some tweakage may be in order.

Beg it, I'll put him in here.

Name: James 'Hexer' Worthington

Frame: PMC-Modified Exoskeleton worn underneath combat coat

Syndicate: Self-founded PMC

Personality: Australian

Appearance: Briefly on the 'Station Delta' thread.

Brief History: Founded a PMC, causes heaps of trouble for the Corpus and Grineer, is searching for Tenno technology to give his soldiers a better edge, likes to get hands-on with some dangerous missions. prefers to meet problems 500 kilometers away with a 30 kiloton ferrous slug fired at relativistic velocity. Also has a penchant of turning Opticors into M-920 Cains

1.) Good OC

2.) I'm assuming his PMC is either affiliated or trying to affiliate with the Tenno?

3.) Could we get some physical Appearance?

4.) Love the M-920 Cain. Takes out the human reaper in two shots. Who doesn't love a mini nuclear explosion?

Introducing the [MW] Mechanic!

The idea just came to me, and I immediately fell in love with it. It basically stands for "Meanwhile" and to use it, you simply type [MW] before your post. So here's pretty much how it works:

Say our little group is in the middle of holding back an army of Grineer troops. Also, it's Ghost's birthday IRL. So, you write a post like this:

[MW]

Jimmy Jam yells over the firefight to James, "James! Get over here! I need to give you something!"

Ghost, not paying attention to the [MW] in the post, has his character fight closer to yours, until he finally says:

"This is as close as I can get, throw it!"

With a smirk, you post:

[MW]

"But James," Jimmy says as he dons a conical hat and sunglasses, "I can't throw a birthday cake." Jimmy then drops his gun and holds up a cake adorned with however many candles.

And I, being the DM that I am, say:

[MW]

The Grineer stop firing, drop their weapons, and begin to cheer and whistle for James. A Grineer commander pulls a large cooler from behind a nearby rock and tows it over and opens it. The cooler is filled with Grinbeer!

And hopefully by then, the others begin to catch on, and it gets pretty goofy from there. After a bit longer, the story resumes before we entered the alternate reality. It's just a sort of goofy way for us to celebrate you guys's birthdays and holidays, or if you just have to have your character say or do something. I don't really see this being used that much at the beginning of the Rp, but I have a feeling that it'll be a nice change of pace later on down the road. All I ask is that when this does happen, that we all don't go too overboard. Anyway, just a fun little mechanic I though I'd add to make our thread truly unique. Tell me what you think. :)

Side-note: Do you guys think I should make the thread 18+?