Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

Ehe, take your time to get back into the feel of things. Would be a shame if another RPer were to be snatched away by real life again.

33 minutes ago, Agent_Maine said:

Oh...terrific.

I come here expecting over-the-top Warhammer 40K references, instead I get this.

There's always room for another =^) Don't be shy now ^^

4 hours ago, SpaceHelicopters said:

Well, far as I can remember, you were here and with a presence before the likes of me, so until proven otherwise, I'm considering you my elder. (^u^)

I'll do my best to prove an accommodating host, but do know that I'm currently not in a position to get up and operating just yet. Until then, my proverbial home is proverbially yours in case you'd like somewhere default to stalk during your free time. I can vouch for this lots' ability to keep one entertained.

(o_o) Huh?

Uwah! You can't just say those things, b-baka! What if someone hears!?

may i join any new threads you have made?

5 hours ago, SpaceHelicopters said:

Ah, that was I. I regret to inform you that, at the time, I saw no need in saving the recording, so I failed to do so. Twitch also doesn't keep stream recordings past a week or so, so I'm said to say that the only place the stream recording exists is in the NSA servers.

Shieeeeeet... Oh well, at least now I know.

• 4 weeks later...

Alrighty then; back from vay-cay and well-rested, so let’s talk business in the only form I know how: A text wall!

So currently, I don’t have the next Rp set in stone, and that’s because before I start really hammering out a plot-line, I want to gauge what it is you guys are looking for in an Rp right now. I understand that what’s currently available may not necessarily be in everyone’s wheel house, so I’d like to provide something that’ll appeal to a decent majority. Do note that I intend to pull inspiration and not necessarily work with a given plotline, so more general ideas and themes have a greater chance of piquing my interests and sparking imagination. Now having said that, I do have to pop some bubbles in saying that there are a couple things that I intend to include regardless in my next Rp (and potentially ones in the future).

Well, I say that, but there really is only one shocking thing, whereas the rest are more reiterating the way I and my narrative style functions, but I digress.

Alright, so this may be a potential big deal to some people, but for the sake of narrative progression and experimentation, I’m putting my foot down. I will be using post Second Dream Tenno, no exceptions or compromises this go about. I understand some people won’t agree with this, but I have and still believe there is a wealth of narrative potential to pursue with the Operators that I am more than happy to argue for. If you can’t bring yourself to Rp as one, I highly encourage you to consider a non-Tenno OC (huge proponent of character diversity that I am). Should you absolutely be unable to bring yourself to be a part of an Rp that includes such a detail most unagreeable, then I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and will be more than happy to welcome you back in the event you change your mind in the future.

So no big surprise here, but just as a heads up to those newer and curious in the crowd, my Rps tend to be pretty serious (at least, as much as I can stand) in terms of actual role-play, though not to say every scenario necessarily is some system ending event or something like that. In essence, what I mean by that is you can be as humorous as your character would realistically allow, with a big emphasis on sticking true to your OC IC, ya see? In all fairness, I’m having a challenging time describing my style and the style I encourage, so it may honestly be in your better interest to dig around and find some of my older threads. The ones I’m most proud of and recommend would be ‘The Lounge’ and ‘The Death of the Dream’, seeing as how those ones were sort of the beginning of the evolution of my narrative pursuits. I am a big fan of quality and quantity, so it would seem.

Lastly, to reiterate my MO to those who have yet to hear it; as daunting as they may look, my threads have always been home to upstart role-players and I highly encourage those interested in developing their writing skills to accept my challenge. If you need help, know that I am always happy to provide aid, and I’m certain of the people who surround me there are those among them who are just as approachable for assistance. In saying this, I’m not trying to dissuade veterans from joining, but I do ask that if you do you remain open and positive to the idea of assisting others. Just, you know, don’t go too crazy and we all should get along just nicely.

I believe this is all I wanted to address. I’m eager to hear all of your suggestions and hope in the near future I’ll be able to deliver a setting we can all be excited about and be proud of. Do note that while suggestions in the spirit of ‘Anything, so long as it’s written by you, Spacey!’ are extremely flattering and will likely cause my heart and ego to swell with pride, they won’t necessarily aid me in my pursuits of imagineering a proper adventure.

Spoiler

As a side-note: I will say that I do have a potential idea for a more relaxed setting, though I by no means may necessarily pursue it unless people genuinely have interest in it. In looking over some of my older files on my computer a while ago, I found an old idea I had for a techier setting. In short, OC’s would be scientists/engineers divided into groups and working together on projects of their choosing for a massive technological exposition at the end of the year. More details can be provided should interest be high, but it would still be a role-play serious setting, albeit more relaxed seeing as how there would be little to no combat. Just a though; as I mentioned before, nothing is in stone yet.

27 minutes ago, SpaceHelicopters said:

Alrighty then; back from vay-cay and well-rested, so let’s talk business in the only form I know how: A text wall!

So currently, I don’t have the next Rp set in stone, and that’s because before I start really hammering out a plot-line, I want to gauge what it is you guys are looking for in an Rp right now. I understand that what’s currently available may not necessarily be in everyone’s wheel house, so I’d like to provide something that’ll appeal to a decent majority. Do note that I intend to pull inspiration and not necessarily work with a given plotline, so more general ideas and themes have a greater chance of piquing my interests and sparking imagination. Now having said that, I do have to pop some bubbles in saying that there are a couple things that I intend to include regardless in my next Rp (and potentially ones in the future).

-snip-

Hey everyone! I'm GrimLandon and i'm a recent addition to the warframe community. I'm friends with SpaceHelicopers Irl and I've been meaning to try out warframe for awhile. I started this summer and fell in love with the game quickly (thanks in no small part to Space and IrishHades giving me a hand how to warframe). Spacey told me about the rp forums sometime after I started playing. I've had experience a good amount tabletop roleplay but none with a forum based one. I wanted to wait until I had caught up more on the lore (second dream, war within, etc) and get more immersed in the game before I committed to it. I ended up loving those quests and the lore of the game, so when SpaceHelicopters said he would be returning I asked if I could hop on his next venture. I'm very excited now (the anticipation) to start and have a good time with all you guys!

I check the forums for once in a lifetime again - and the first thing I see is this?! What's this world coming to? D:
So many names I recognize, it's like there haven't been... 2 years or such that passed! What a blast! 

I definitely would be interested in rping more in warframe, so if you're still willing to take me along for the ride, be welcome to send me a discord or links to new, promising rps that you find! 

Welcome back, Space, to Space! 

Edited by Owlrrex

I for one am interested in less... Serious theme just to try and see if I can hold out in a group of veterans like most (maybe all) of you are. And I have nothing against having operators in rp, as this would make for some new interactions between characters and maybe more. I'm probably not going to be much of help even if I'd like to as I still count myself new to this, so I am probably going to agree with every change, well if not... Then I'll maybe offer something.

Oh and... Hi newcomers!

About future RPs: I'm pretty open to Post-U18-Tenno as well (been experimenting with them here and there) and both serious and relaxed themes. Serious themes tend to drive character development more, and dig deeper into character's strengths and weaknesses, casting brighter light but also deeper shadows. Relaxed rp is great to get to know other's characters in the first place, basically the "first evening talking in the tavern before venturing out on an adventure the next day", metaphorically speaking.

In all seriousness I think what the form is kinda missing right now is a serious and accessible thread that stays true to the lore( serious meaning a planned narrative from point A to B, not just made by participants on the spot), as all the serious threads at the moment were either made two years ago, are part of a large, already established continuity, or both, so any thread you do make should probably only be loosely connected to your previous threads at best (in my opinion).

Also I'd like to welcome the new member of our little circus, GyroCoptors! May your reign be long and prosperous, and if you wish to maintain your sanity I suggest staying at least 10 Nautical Miles from Ghost at all times.

By the way my phone doesn't have access to the Discord so I've got no clue if this has all already been said and I'm just making a dunce of myself.

Probably the later.

Sorry for the late post, everyone! Notification-bot completely forgot to let me know anyone has posted here.

I am up to doing another RP by Spacey, easily, even with post-Second Dream lore. I have some unused OCs I need to dig up anyway.

My personal opinion is that something similar to the Setup threads would interest me a lot. Casual, laid-back threads don't pull me in that much, hence my lack of participation in the Lounge. I love serious fast-paced action!

But that's my opinion. I can't wait to see what is created from your return, Spacey!

Big thank you to everyone who's posted and the most sincerest of welcomes to friends new and old! <3

I just wanted to make a little-baby post saying that I have taken your opinions into consideration and am currently working on the next RP. I would advise preparing to stretch your writing muscles, for I intend to bring my A-game. Just because I wasn't active here for about a year doesn't mean my skills have blunted; like a sleeping dragon, my strength has only amassed and grown. I intend to have something presentable soon, but do know that for my own sake I won't make any promises.

I didn't had the luck to roleplay much with you, but i hope to join you on your next adventure, from what i can remember before i "died" during these last months you were a really good storyteller and roleplayer, so i somehow know i wont be disappointed by your work.

Edited by vodkacrepper

• 2 weeks later...

So I just finished reading through The Setup again and I just want to say that, even with time moving and Spacey creating what will surely be new and wonderful adventures, I'm going to miss this one. The characters, the interactions, the conflicts, this thread was the first time I'd experienced anything like it. I was just blundering my way through, making crap up on the spot hoping it was good for a laugh, and I followed everyone's journey, interacting and watching as stories unfolded, and laughing when my attempts at humour were repayed in kind. It was so much fun, and the first time I'd truly made something. I'd always wanted to create something narrative, something cool, but I never had the skill or determination to see it through.

I know I had to piggyback off Spacey and to a lesser extent everyone else, and I'm probably going to sound hugely egotistical when I say this, but this is the first thing I can look back to, be proud and say "I did that, I helped do this, I was a part of the adventure.", and that means so much to me.

So to everyone that participated, whether you're still here or not, whether you're still journeying down this road or have long since left, I just want to say, thank you.

I'm actually crying on the train as I write this, god damn.

I

39 minutes ago, IceDragonofAmber said:

So I just finished reading through The Setup again and I just want to say that, even with time moving and Spacey creating what will surely be new and wonderful adventures, I'm going to miss this one. The characters, the interactions, the conflicts, this thread was the first time I'd experienced anything like it. I was just blundering my way through, making crap up on the spot hoping it was good for a laugh, and I followed everyone's journey, interacting and watching as stories unfolded, and laughing when my attempts at humour were repayed in kind. It was so much fun, and the first time I'd truly made something. I'd always wanted to create something narrative, something cool, but I never had the skill or determination to see it through.

I know I had to piggyback off Spacey and to a lesser extent everyone else, and I'm probably going to sound hugely egotistical when I say this, but this is the first thing I can look back to, be proud and say "I did that, I helped do this, I was a part of the adventure.", and that means so much to me.

So to everyone that participated, whether you're still here or not, whether you're still journeying down this road or have long since left, I just want to say, thank you.

Hide contents

I

*Hugs the motherhuggin' crap out of ya*

58 minutes ago, IceDragonofAmber said:

Reveal hidden contents

I

OKBR6KB.gif

I pers

5 hours ago, IceDragonofAmber said:

Hide contents

I

U cri like big babie. Here is hug :3

---

But I do think that Setup is where I shined a little more RP wise, I've made more characters and so on with Maine and Bats in private RPs and old characters have became much more fully evolved characters. 

So, I just hope I can do well in this new RP.

Edited by (PS4)TheCrimsonTuckr
Being kind :333