Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

...just need a physical appearance description and perhaps a signature arsenal.

Regarding the loadout, I'm gonna go with bow primary (Daikyu, for the status), Vaykor Marelock as secondary and the Tekko as melee (powerful but less brutal than the Venka in my opinion, in terms of aesthetics).

In terms of the warframe it is a metallic dark-grey, a lighter silver secondary and detail, with a white energy colour. In terms of physical appearance within the suit; hair is long and unkempt, black (but streaked with silver). A course and wiry beard conceals a sharp but narrow jaw, cheekbones not prominent yet cheeks and eyes appear gaunt and somewhat sunken, brows are prominent and eyebrows thick lending an overall haggard appearance; nose is flat but not bulbous or very wide - is instead quite short. As for ears, medium-sized but quite flat and concealed by hair at present. Skin-tone is a pale peach but for cheeks and forehead which are tinged with a more salmon tone (and coarser skin), a consequence of sunburn and sand abrasion.

Edited by ShareSharqi

(...) (Daikyu, for the status), (...)

This might be me being overly helpful, but I hope you are aware (if not, you are after reading this) that the ingame-stats of a weapon to have little to do with their actual behaviour in RP. Most people do comply to a somewhat-ingame-like manner, but you can not only use the weapons in a more versatile way in RP (why would an Attica not be able to shoot a bolt with rope attached, making a harpoon? Or just hit them with the shaft?), but also is there hardly any reason to assume that a Lato bullet to the head is any less deadly (for a human-like being) than a Vectis-shot.

Long term short, there's no such thing as weapon-stats and thus no statuschance in RP. If you want to have an Aklato, go with it. ^^

Sorry for the wait on you end, Nirvan. I have no problems with M other than the Dual Vasto Primes. 

My only deal with that is because it doesn't exist in-game, and even though it doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to Ak them, it's more of a gateway that can lead to people trying to bring in custom weaponry that I'd rather just avoid altogether, which brings up problems I can complain about later.

And adressing all three of you: standard procedure - I have to confirm that you guys have read the Inner-workings of the Tenno. I'll be referencing it ~yada-yada-

Have you guys read it? If not, it's at the bottom of the lead post here in the OOC.

Understandable. I'll switch it to a single Vasto Prime for peacemaker. Added challenge. I have read the inner workings of the Tenno and also the rest of your explanations. Interesting theory. I can get behind the graying thing. 

If you mean all those "Saryn is dead"-ones: They are Aids. The bottom of the barrel of gamers. People who deny factual numbers in favor of their own selfish, uneducated measure of what they think a game should provide. I am pretty sure that most of the people who are now whining they have to actually press more than 2 buttons (w and 4) to be relevant are the same that usually whine "uuuh, warframe has no proper endgame" and either "make things die easier on higher levels!" or "stuff's too easy". I won't call them CoD-Kiddies, I'll simply question the healthy development of their manners, sense of reward and general self-confidence.

Your Souna is showing there, Arrex.

I use whatever works.

I rarely care if something is OMGWTFBBQOVERPOWERED420740BLAZINSKRUBNOSCOPEXXXSKRUBLORDPRIMEFLASHGITZ, I just want something that works!
Like the Dread. Or the Braton Prime. Or the Vaykor Hek. Or the Aklato
*affectionately strokes a photo of the Aklato* You will always be beautiful to me, my beautiful stalker-murderers...

Edit because of redundancies of double posting
Does anyone remember this game? Or know of it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVeguhhN_Tc

Because I remember it. Through the glasses of nostalgia.
*wipes tear from eye* I loved this beautiful example of a game.

Edited by Ghost333

Nope. Though I have entertained the thought of playing it.

Also, Update: Mythical Warriors works on my computer. Which is odd, because last time, it didn't. And it was on Windows XP.

NOSTALGIAAAAAAAA

Mythical Warriors: The only game where you had to RESEARCH THE FRIKKIN  MINIMAP

(Command and Conquer doesn't count, you didn't have to spend 1500 credits at the radar station just to use it after building it)

This might be me being overly helpful, but I hope you are aware (if not, you are after reading this) that the ingame-stats of a weapon to have little to do with their actual behaviour in RP. Most people do comply to a somewhat-ingame-like manner, but you can not only use the weapons in a more versatile way in RP (why would an Attica not be able to shoot a bolt with rope attached, making a harpoon? Or just hit them with the shaft?), but also is there hardly any reason to assume that a Lato bullet to the head is any less deadly (for a human-like being) than a Vectis-shot.

Long term short, there's no such thing as weapon-stats and thus no statuschance in RP. If you want to have an Aklato, go with it. ^^

Oh okey-dokey then. I'll be put down for any bow except the Daikyu. Attica, Paris Prime, Dread anything really - not the Rakta Cernos though 'cause my character has never worked with the Red Veil before and wouldn't have reason for it.

Oh okey-dokey then. I'll be put down for any bow except the Daikyu. Attica, Paris Prime, Dread anything really - not the Rakta Cernos though 'cause my character has never worked with the Red Veil before and wouldn't have reason for it.

I'm not trying to put you down for anything, Sharqi. Top-Tier or Low-Tier weapons are all equal in the RP. 

I just wanted to remind you that "status chance" is a thing, and your selection of formidable weapons for your OC is larger than your selection of weapons to go T4 with. It was solely meant to show you the range of possibilities. 

Heck, I am doing archery myself. The Daikyu is a super-classy weapon. If you want it, go for it! Longbows are beast. 

Edited by ArrexDrandko

The two most powerful weapons of the medieval era were the Compound Bow, used by the Mongol Horse Archers, and the Longbow, used by Britain.

Both of these ranged weapons were, to loosely quote their respective foes, 'f**king overpowered.' They also begged their local developers to nerf them, but nothing ever came.

I, on the other hand, would prefer a crossbow. Simple, armour-piercing and elegant. Plus I don't have to continually practice to know how to use it right.