Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How're The Console Communities?

Imaru

So I'm an exclusively pc player and was wondering how the communities on console are. Pc's generally nice, few stinkers here and there of course, but over all reasonably good.

I am particularly interested in the XBox community, given XBoxLixe and the CoD community.

So I'm an exclusively pc player and was wondering how the communities on console are. Pc's generally nice, few stinkers here and there of course, but over all reasonably good.

I am particularly interested in the XBox community, given XBoxLixe and the CoD community.

You have both consoles and are wondering in which one you should start/transfer your warframe acc? If that's the case, i'd choose the ps4, can't complain about anything there, well , one thing, lack of ppl playing caelus when i need to lv up things archwing. Xbox must have still some catch ups in the community department, going by logic.

Now if you're choosing which console to buy, coming from some1 with both consoles, live and psn are pretty much the same, unless you do really feel more at home with the live interface, dont put that into play; cod community, nailed there, i hate the game, but even my ps4 friends considered the xbox just for that, i still think it's exaggerated to base a choice on that but hey, to each their own. I would personally choose a console based on its exclusives, which is what i did when i got the ps4 first, and then some months later the x1. 

edit: just realized i'm in the off topic section, so this has probably nothing to do with warframe lol, that out of the way, i can attest that the ps4 community is a more mature and a lil'bit shyer, they tend to either go party chat, even with recently met strangers, or not chat at all, whereas xbox players tend to be younger, which may or may not lead to less mature ppl and naturally less shy, maybe a heritage from last gen live, which was definetly better than psn at the time.

That's my analysis, but it still boils down to exclusives to me. :P

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

I own a PS4, and frankly, I think the PS4 is a better choice. I bought it for the exclusives and so far, I'm pleased with what we are getting.

Bloodborne, Silent Hills etc.

So me and the above poster may be a bit biased, but the PS4 is better in terms of what you'll do with it later on.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

You have both consoles and are wondering in which one you should start/transfer your warframe acc? If that's the case, i'd choose the ps4, can't complain about anything there, well , one thing, lack of ppl playing caelus when i need to lv up things archwing. Xbox must have still some catch ups in the community department, going by logic.

Now if you're choosing which console to buy, coming from some1 with both consoles, live and psn are pretty much the same, unless you do really feel more at home with the live interface, dont put that into play; cod community, nailed there, i hate the game, but even my ps4 friends considered the xbox just for that, i still think it's exaggerated to base a choice on that but hey, to each their own. I would personally choose a console based on its exclusives, which is what i did when i got the ps4 first, and then some months later the x1.

No, no plans of transferring (especially given the likelyhood (or lack thereof) of it happening again), just curious about hy friendly the console communities are.

I find most of the long term players in PSN's warframe community are the nicer ones. There are alot of inexperiecned players, and a few AFKers here and there, mainly on the less population regions. The biggest problem our community faces is that because the East American region has more people, people leave there own regions to make it easier to find games, and that in turn lowers the population of there own regions, making the problem even worse.

People on PS4 barely use mics; those that do are generally annoying. It's mostly people who yell, those who don't talk but play music, or little kids talking about personal information that they really shouldn't be talking about on the internet.

The PS4's UI, as compared to the Xbone's, does not have the same type of fluidity and not that many options.

Xbox community use mics often, but have the same problem. CoD is a terrible game series but it's the most social; the most people play it, really.

Xbox Live costs $60. Playstation Plus costs $50.

Basically, the community's are different sides to the same coin, it's really just the console that's different.

PS4's marginally better with the specs and can handle more tasks, allowing for more detail than the Xbone.

Xbone has more intergration and the Kinect adds a degree of fun (I guess?) and allows you to use more in-depth voice commands.