Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leech Ospreys Too Tanky

SolluxCaptorTA

Was the leech osprey buff even intentional?

I mean, now that we have fusion ospreys, leech ospreys suddenly become about the same size and hp as they.

Feels like a coincidence to me.

While not exactly difficult to kill, mine osprey and leech osprey suddenly became bullet sponges. That said, the fact that they take longer to kill than even the new fusion MOAs certainly seems unintentional.

I actually like the change. It made killing Leech Ospreys something that you have to consider rather than something that is little more than an afterthought.

Leech Ospreys can only attack you through slow-firing, slow-moving leeches which are instantly noticeable from the screen blurring, fairly weak as they drain small amounts of shield (they are more effective in that they simply stop shield from regenerating), and the leeches are easily dispelled from Tenno by just a simple roll.

This is balanced somewhat in that Leech Ospreys are larger than shield ospreys, and are tankier. You can choose to shoot down Leech Ospreys first before engaging the more dangerous foes in order to prevent shield disruption, but you will take a longer time doing it now that they take more punishment. Likewise, you can choose to ignore Leech Ospreys and deal with its more dangerous allies first, but you will have to constantly deal with launched leeches and shield disruptions.

They add a small bit of variety to fighting Corpus. Not a whole lot, but enough to be appreciable of your choices rather than killing them without a thought.

I actually like the change. It made killing Leech Ospreys something that you have to consider rather than something that is little more than an afterthought.

Leech Ospreys can only attack you through slow-firing, slow-moving leeches which are instantly noticeable from the screen blurring, fairly weak as they drain small amounts of shield (they are more effective in that they simply stop shield from regenerating), and the leeches are easily dispelled from Tenno by just a simple roll.

This is balanced somewhat in that Leech Ospreys are larger than shield ospreys, and are tankier. You can choose to shoot down Leech Ospreys first before engaging the more dangerous foes in order to prevent shield disruption, but you will take a longer time doing it now that they take more punishment. Likewise, you can choose to ignore Leech Ospreys and deal with its more dangerous allies first, but you will have to constantly deal with launched leeches and shield disruptions.

They add a small bit of variety to fighting Corpus. Not a whole lot, but enough to be appreciable of your choices rather than killing them without a thought.

When there's 10 on screen and at mid range this is bad. They had their correct place in the killing order. They wont be put higher in the killing order because they are now tanks. Making a mob a bullet sponge isn't a way to make them more dangerous. Give them an ability (like they have) to rise their threat level.

Don't ever make a small target in a high resolution game unless it comes in a very pre scripted way. You are just going to drive people crazy and force them into doing something they don't enjoy.

You make a big fat target: add a weak point. The choice is then for the player to decide. I spray and play or I aim to the perfect position.

Making something small in a high resolution game is never a great idea. Fast, yes. Small, no. I'm sure this is a mistake and will be changed soon.

My lex deals ~150 damage to them. Still, it takes three shots to kill 15 level leech osprey. I think its wrong that this small thing can handle almost twice the damage MOA can take.

I noticed this in the alert for the glaive BP last night.  The mission was spawning ridiculous amounts of leech ospreys everywhere, I had over 15 on screen at times, and they took quite a beating to destroy.  This really makes them go from "Slightly dangerous annoyance" to "Annoying tanks"  I can understand it from a difficulties POV, and I dont mind buffing them as they were too weak before, but I think that they may have over done it a tad.

sendeverythingatus_zps2d909f9f.png

This was during the Fusion Moa Event on the ice map and we took on dozens of those leech ospreys all at once, with only one team member dying twice. If anything they need to make more stronger mobs like the Fusion Moas.

They're not tough. You guys are just weak. =/

Simply upgrade your mods and weapons. I kill everything in one shot. = .=

I have maxed out akboltos for damage and clipsize, including quite high electrical damage and 100% multishot.  They still take 3 or more shots to kill with that.  My boltor takes quite a few more.  Its not upgrading my weapons its that they made the leech ospreys incredibly tankish lately.

EDIT: Do note that those leech ospreys weren't that high leveled.  Even the fusion moas in the maps went down faster then those things.  If fusion moas and pretty much everything else is going down faster than a leech osprey then they need to look into things IMO.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Yeah dev who is in charge of adjusting those values obviously has a very heavy hand which was proven with shotguns damage/range nerf. Now I am not sure if it can be explained by some methodology in adjusting those numbers but the conclusion is that those "heavy hand" adjustments together with ninja buffs and nerfs mostly just made people unhappy and angry and generally just wasted the time since usually in the very next patch the issue would be properly balanced although everyone playing this game for some time could "feel it" in 1-2 matches but still had to wait a couple of weeks for the balance.

Again I could not see any information about that change yet now I need almost 2/3 of my monster twin vipers clip to kill one of the leech ospreys and before I needed like 3-4 bullets. I will say again that ninja adjustments are just another way of saying that you consider us as mostly a bunch of wallet waving donkeys.

Please don't do that, report the changes, even if you just want to test things out. What is wrong with that?!

I had a coworker once that was doing stuff like that and he was the most arrogant #$&(% I've ever seen in my life. Every time devs do those ninja adjustments they remind me of that #$&(% coworker that was trying to compensate the lack of confidence with secrecy.

This is also why they need dedicated team to test any new feature/adjustment for at least 1 day before releasing.

Since I am sure they have that small dedicated team of alpha testers, probably in the house as well, I can only assume that it is either an experiment to see the reaction of players as in preparation for wider changes of the same type or just a weird source of amusement.

tldr: Ninja buffs/nerfs are a very unpleasant way of showing what DE thinks about their player base. Please don't do that.

Edited by Twistank

tldr: Ninja buffs/nerfs are a very unpleasant way of showing what DE thinks about their player base. Please don't do that.

If I had been told that they were going to be buffing the leech ospreys I would have been perfectly fine with the change.  Hek, if they acknowledge that they buffed them I'll still be fine with it.  I do believe that we have a right, as players, to know how they are going to buff/nerf enemies so that we know what to expect.  Most other online games will announce in the patch notes if they are buffing/nerfing certain enemies.

I would even accept a broad statement like "Re-balancing leech ospreys".  That would have told me something was going to change.  I would prefer if it said what they were re-balancing but I can live without that information.