The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Galatine Vs All

ROXXXY

Question

I just took a look at the Galatines stats since the heavy weapons buff and it's seems like the best weapon on paper but is it and if not what weapons are better than it? Because I just got my Excalibur back and am focusing in a Radial Blind Build.

17 answers to this question

I just took a look at the Galatines stats since the heavy weapons buff and it's seems like the best weapon on paper but is it and if not what weapons are better than it? Because I just got my Excalibur back and am focusing in a Radial Blind Build.

I do not know about you, but if you are good with slide attacks, Kronen + Fury can wreck places. 

Orthos (Prime) for its ridiculous reach, and sparring weapons for alternate sheer quickness. 

Stances, stamina cost, status chance, stagger chance and attack speed are more important than just weapon damage.

For instance daggers allows you to copter without having to rest for stamina.

Heavy weapons staggers all monsters, preventing their CC on you.

Charge attacks can double your damage, Harder hitting weapons use less energy than fast weapons.

Crimson Dervish mod gives Dakra prime 180 base damage per hit, but makes your attacks quite slow.

Best depends a lot on the situation. For non-endless missions a dagger might be best, because you can move around without stamina. For endless missions where you only want to reach 20 mins, a large reach with stagger might be better than high single target damage. For long endless missions, there is a 5 to 10 minute window where strong melee is useful, after that you die in melee range.

I cannot think of a situation where highest damage is required. High damage means that you can replace damage mods for utility mods.

Why is everyone obsessed with the most damaging wep? Games are for fun, not maths.

b-but... i have fun doing maths. I love maximising efficiency. I love 6 forma builds. I love cosmetics. I love making my character look EXACTLY how i want them to. I disagree, too, on the melee being useful. good melee builds on a loki is strong, and trinity can stay tanky enough and spam EV enough to run some of the most powerful channel builds and never die with high hp QT/Rage and good semi decent duration.

b-but... i have fun doing maths. I love maximising efficiency. I love 6 forma builds. I love cosmetics. I love making my character look EXACTLY how i want them to. I disagree, too, on the melee being useful. good melee builds on a loki is strong, and trinity can stay tanky enough and spam EV enough to run some of the most powerful channel builds and never die with high hp QT/Rage and good semi decent duration.

Okay, I too like min-maxing, but damage coming in front of everything else when this game is hardly challenging just doesn't make sense to me.

No-one needs the levels of damage top tier weps can put out for most content, so why do people still insist on it?

Just pick the guns you like the look of/enjoy using.