The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rakta Ballistica - Feedback

DarkLordX2

Ok, i am aware this has been brought out before many times.

But i feel that the Rakta is nowhere close to the other Syndicate weapons. I also heard that it wasn't looked at because pf it's Viral Proc, i am going to talk about this later.

Honestly, i think the Rakta should get a real buff. Something like this:

*200 Charged Damage [180 Puncture / 10 Impact / 10 Slash]

*50  Burst Damage

*x2.0 Critical Damage

*15% Status

*Accuracy 15

The Rakta Accuracy is really awful, the burst shots spread in different directions randomly, which is bad in a Bow-type sidearm. And it's somehow hard to deal with.

I am not sure how the Synoid Gammacor is balanced, while the Rakta is "OP", i mean, how come that the Synoid Gammacor is ammo efficient, the hardest hitting weapon in the game, and even with a large ammo pool, and that isn't strong. While the Rakta Ballistica is a "strong" at DE's eyes. The only way to use these Viral Proc, is if you actually kill something with the Rakta, which is not possible since it's weak. Then again, i'd like to know how the Synoid isn't OP and how the Rakta is strong.

Edited by DarkLordX2

when I saw in the patch notes "rakta ballistica changes" my heart skipped a beat.... I was filled with a little joy... and then it all came crashing down when the changes only affect the charged shot... and while the swap to puncture is a step in the right direction it is SORELY still out classed by the other syndicate weapons...

(in my opinion) since the rep cap has been halved, the syndicate weapons should definitely be "end game" viable and while most are, the rakta is still lacking.. sure the viral proc is helpful in late game. but you become a crutch to your team.

all I damn want is a 75% or 100% flat increase to base damage stats for both charged and burst fire.

the weapon to be silent when firing (wtf how are teslo akboltos silent but rakta isn't).

AND THE FREAKING ABILITY TO CHANGE IT'S COLORS.... COME ON DE! REALLY!?

Edited by RIOTx

Puncture damage is the key, you need event puncture mod and all fire rate maxed + corrupted fire rate sacrificing only 15 % damage.

Go only for charged shots and aim for the heads. 

Not a good weapon for infested and still requires two forma and obligatory potato. But it's a buff for sure.

Would you prefer synoid g. nerf instead? I certainly would not.

I'ed prefer if all the syndicate weapons were brought up to synoid.

or perhaps bring them all in line so that they all do the same DPS, but not as much as the current synoid deals.

Edited by RIOTx

Puncture damage is the key, you need event puncture mod and all fire rate maxed + corrupted fire rate sacrificing only 15 % damage.

Go only for charged shots and aim for the heads. 

Not a good weapon for infested and still requires two forma and obligatory potato. But it's a buff for sure.

I'd prefer a buff for the Rakta Ballistica instead of Nerfing the Synoid.

Edited by DarkLordX2

Needs to be changed back to Impact (maybe impact/puncture, impact stays higher) but given a hefty charge rate/fire rate increase, and more base damage for elementals.

Red Veil is where all the Wraith weapons come from, and pretty much all of those were given slightly more impact damage than the normal versions. Rakta being impact made sense given it being a Veil weapon; Though it still needs some damage/crit/status buff similar to what wraiths are given.

Edited by Adorable_Ookami_Momiji

Honestly, I think the Rakta AND Ballistica should get reworks.  Drop the burst fire and make them single fire semi-suppressed CROSSBOWS.

Magazine size: 1

Reload: 1.0-1.2

Damage: 125-150 (maybe higher)

Another thing to consider is having the damage on the Ballistica be higher with a low crit rate and have the Rakta with lower damage but a 100% crit rate when equiped with a rank 4 or 5 Pistol Gambit.  I think this will help make them FEEL right and reinforce the lore behind them.