Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Make Shooting Not Cancel Sprint?

CrendKing

I'm a user of the "Toggle Sprint" option in control. I like the way how I can press Shift once and sprinting, crouch coptoring and jump coptoring all the time until stamina runs out. However, once I fire my primary or secondary weapon, even I still have stamina, the sprint is canceled. I have to press Shift again to start sprinting. Since shooting the most frequent action I'm doing, I have to always pay extra attention to see if my frame is sprinting or not. This is very confusing and annoying. Melee attack does not cancel sprint.

This is not a problem for those who do not use "Toggle Sprint", because for them it is guaranteed that holding shift = sprint, not holding shift = not sprint.

I agree that if I start shooting, the frame should change to walking. My suggestion is, once stop shooting, can we restore the sprint state before firing?

For example:

Case 1: Sprinting -> start shooting -> walking -> stop shooting -> restore sprinting

Case 2: Walking -> start shooting -> still walking -> stop shooting -> still walking

Edited by CrendKing

• 1 month later...

Melee also cancels sprint toggle which means directional melee and coptering also cancel sprint toggle.

Getting hit also cancels sprint toggle, which can make escaping a group of enemies harder than when using non-toggle sprint.

Neither of these should cancel sprint toggle.  There's no reason to.

Melee also cancels sprint toggle which means directional melee and coptering also cancel sprint toggle.

Getting hit also cancels sprint toggle, which can make escaping a group of enemies harder than when using non-toggle sprint.

Neither of these should cancel sprint toggle.  There's no reason to.

Melee and getting hit does not cancel the toggle.

I'm also a player who prefer to use the toggle option, not only for the sprint as I presented in this post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/427885-toggle-option-and-the-secondary-fire-keybind/?hl=toggle where I report some of the odd behavior with these toggle options that I had saw before and that still happens nowadays.

I get used to this behavior with fire and toggle sprint, but I also would like if it was the way CrendKing said, would even make more sense as Warframe is a very quick pace game.