Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Frost Prime/helmet Is Ugly...

Luxangel7

Edited Topic/Post due to clearer image:

Of course taste is subjective. But it really disturbs me how they're art direction in many instances keeps going for 80% weird 20% cool.

The new frost helmet has only one good part about it imo, and that's the part in the middle, the gold diamond looking shape thing.

Everything else in my opinion is quite bad. They're giving him a beard that looks like a future version of an ancient Egyptian pharaoh, and three vertical circles that don't look like halos, don't look like auras, they just look like a girls headband but adapted for some sort of future armor design.

I know I can't be the only one who thinks: that weird new designs are great, but that they have to look COOL and not just a "future" version of real world things? And by that I refer to the examples I made below in my original post, such things like making Ember a chicken. Like literally. All that's missing are wings.

I don't know about others, but it's really disappointing to me to see the direction the art is heading in many cases. Sometimes to me it feels like there's an evil art director and a good art director and that sometimes one wins and sometimes the other one wins. Because looking at what they come out with, and asking many of my friends and even talking to random players in game, almost every single person I talk to HATES certain things they release and LOVES the other things they make.

In this case, apart from the (imo) ridiculous Egyptian pharaoh beard, those huge vertical circles are just the opposite of sleek, chitinous, aggressive or futuristic cool ANYTHING. To me they look like something more suited to futuristic architecture of a building or bridge.

Anyway, I know there's no changing, but please save your time if all you have to contribute is "don't offend the art team" or "it's their game" as some people have already done below. Because honestly, although art is subjective, not telling an artist that you think his work is subpar is ridiculously stupid. Would you tell an engineer that his machine isn't the quality it should be? OF COURSE. So please don't get your panties in a bunch if you fall into that category of people who will defend anything DE does no matter what. You can express yourself without all the drama and pointless moral chastising.

______________________original post________________

Yeah I know the image isn't completely clear yet, but I think it's clear enough to see that it has a frigin headband...like you know...what 12 year old girls wear to keep their hair in place except...as armor.

I really hope that the art team got all their "let's be special" moments out of their system when they made Ash a beetle, Ember a chicken, Trinity a lobster and gave Banshee slippers.

Having a special art design is great. But making just weird looking things...is less great. It's kinda crappy actually.

At this point I guess all we can hope for is that it doesn't have those damn clown shoes from the concept art... 

Edited by LuxAngel7

You are complaining about the design when for the most part the design is completely blurry and basically a blob in the shape of a slightly humanoid figure.

I think we are meta trolling at this point people.

I understand your reaction, and please believe me, I'm not trolling.

I'm just really worried from what we can see so far that its going to be a WEIRD looking helmet that to me, looks like a futuristic hair band, head band, w/e its called.

basically, what Im trying to say is, big round veritcal things like that and trinity's aura helm are as far from sleek, ninja aesthetics as you can get, and it worries me.

this is my personal preference.

i demand that all others appreciate and respect it.

i will now ignore any possibility that others could ever have an opinion about this.

that is all.

I never made any demands or imposed my view. I posted here specifically because I wanted to hear if others shared my worry or disagreed.

But thank you for doing absolutely nothing except trying to bait me into an argument. No really, it was both constructive and an interesting addition to the discussion. 

I'm just really worried from what we can see so far that its going to be a WEIRD looking helmet that to me, looks like a futuristic hair band, head band, w/e its called.

basically, what Im trying to say is, big round veritcal things like that and trinity's aura helm are as far from sleek, ninja aesthetics as you can get, and it worries me.

Have you ever seen a traditional Japanese headpiece (forget the actual name) with the sticks and everything else?

Last I checked Japan was home of the ninja.

You are just displeased with the blurry as hell blob and wish to complain about the final product before you have even seen it.

Lol I can't believe you are complaining about the design of some of the coolest characters in this game, one of the main reasons this game is so awesome, beautiful, and amazing is because IT IS weird, unique and something new looking for the most part. If they start doing 'normal' that's when it would be "crappy" and hell, even then it would still be amazing. It is clearly an arch or a halo as mentioned above, and so what if you don't like it anyways, don't use it ? Also for future reference not expressing your opinion in such a rude and obnoxious way MAY get people to actually discuss things with you instead of just tearing you down and telling you how wrong you are. 

I never made any demands or imposed my view. I posted here specifically because I wanted to hear if others shared my worry or disagreed.

But thank you for doing absolutely nothing except trying to bait me into an argument. No really, it was both constructive and an interesting addition to the discussion. 

You literally called the design team $&*&*#(%& based on the most iconic and cool-looking frames.

If that isn't imposing your opinion, nothing is.

You literally called the design team $&*&*#(%& based on the most iconic and cool-looking frames.

If that isn't imposing your opinion, nothing is.

wow, it looks like its drama hour or something. the "most iconic and cool looking frames"??? Seriously???

Look, I never called the art team $&*&*#(%&, you can make whatever leaps you want. Just like you made the leap that this game's most "iconic" frames are ones that have a lobster tail or look like a full on chicken.

Ember has chicken talons, chicken thighs, and even a chicken head, and you want to call it the most "iconic" and "cool looking" while simultaneously saying that I'M imposing my opinion???

Wow dude. 

You and others are criticizing me for being worried the new warframe has a headband, and defending it to the death, while attacking me personally, all the while....never having seen the warframe just like me.

All I said was boiled down to: Previous art design choices have turned me off, and this new frame is looking to have a headband, and I hope that's not the case because I think that's stupid.

Reaction: DIEEEE YOU DESIGN NAZIII RAAAAAR

omg ...chill

Edited by LuxAngel7

pXtQ7l5.png

Still a Ninja

Lol...what? I don't even know what to say to this thread besides I don't know why you would ever think headbands have a place in the future with space ninjas. From what I have seen of the silhouette, the 'frame looks very chitinous; just look at its shoulders and you will see the small spikes protruding. Your "headband" could just be an unnatural, creepy ridge or other feature that adds to this 'frame's potential appeal. I am personally looking forward to this 'frame and I have been since I saw its silhouette at 1% completion last night.

Yeah I know the image isn't completely clear yet, but I think it's clear enough to see that it has a frigin headband...like you know...what 12 year old girls wear to keep their hair in place except...as armor.

I really hope that the art team got all their "let's be special" moments out of their system when they made Ash a beetle, Ember a chicken, Trinity a lobster and gave Banshee slippers.

Having a special art design is great. But making just weird looking things...is less great. It's kinda crappy actually.

At this point I guess all we can hope for is that it doesn't have those damn clown shoes from the concept art... 

Let see. Ember resembles a phoenix. Her thighs has flame details. She looks majestic imo. Ash resembles a ninja. He has a smooth amor without many details. His arms looks like samurai armor plates. His helment remenber me some menacing ninja mask. Banshee resemble a mythical beast. Slim and deadly but beautifull. The helmet looks really menacing. It remember me a alien creature. 

Btw you are been kinda rude. You could express yourself in another way. Maybe you dont attacked directly to the art team but is clear the bad attitude of your words. You need to have respect for other people work specially when you are using that work to entertain yourself.

Ash a beetle, Ember a chicken, Trinity a lobster and gave Banshee slippers.

Well I'm getting used to Ash and trinity a bit but I totally agree with ember and banshee, they just look really stupid IMO. Ember especially looks comical :/

I haven't seen the image yet this morning so I'm off to look now :).

Edit: Just had a look at the image and I think it actually looks like it might be quite cool.  I don't mind the head thing so much and the helmet looks good as far as you can tell.  Doesn't remind me of the trapper concept though, which is a good thing :)

Edited by Calgacus

Let see. Ember resembles a phoenix. Her thighs has flame details. She looks majestic imo. Ash resembles a ninja. He has a smooth amor without many details. His arms looks like samurai armor plates. His helment remenber me some menacing ninja mask. Banshee resemble a mythical beast. Slim and deadly but beautifull. The helmet looks really menacing. It remember me a alien creature. 

Btw you are been kinda rude. You could express yourself in another way. Maybe you dont attacked directly to the art team but is clear the bad attitude of your words. You need to have respect for other people work specially when you are using that work to entertain yourself.

Look dude, no offense, but you need to toughen up and not be so delicately sensitive to anything that is slightly harsh in criticism. It's not rude to say: "Look, these designs were terribad". That's my opinion. It doesn't matter if I'm using their work to entertain myself. Apart from the fact that I have paid for their work, which isn't even my point, let's compare your logic to other things:

Car breaks down after 1000 km of use? Don't be harsh in your critique of the car manufacturer, you are using their work after all! Don't be rude!

Doctor leaves a knife in you after operating on you? He was working hard! Don't be rude!

Found a cockroach in your dinner at a fancy restaraunt? That chef is an artist! Don't be rude!

And so on and so forth.

Being rude is when you attack people personally with insults and bad words, none of which I did.

Another example of being rude would be telling you to grow the f**** up, instead of explaining all this politely like I did here.

So please, save your unnecessary moralistic drama.

One thing I enjoy about this new downvote system is it tells the poster what the community feels about their thread. As you see most of us actually like it. I for one love it and my only gripe is that we have to wait till update 8 to use it. 

There no such thing as a right or wrong opinion but there are a majority of people who actually enjoy the design of this skin. You might not but the great thing is you don't have to wear it.

Edited by Silenterr

i actually love warframe suit art designs its so unique. You have no idea how many space sci-fi/modern shooters i've played over last 4 years. They all soo bland and reskinned of eachother now trying to copy that halo-esk geometrical retro suit. These suits look organic and appear to be more inspired by insects which works because if you think about it insects essentially wear exo armor.