Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Preparation For Eyes Of Blight?

(PSN)sycamotree

Question

OK, so I'm a console player and the event is coming up. My Odonata is only level 18 but my weapons are almost max. I have lots, if not all, the relevant mods.

What should I do to get ready for the event? I don't really wanna potato my Imperator, since the Vandal is potato'd. But I don't feel like I'm doing enough damage with it. Can't really mod how I'd like without tons of forma..is it worth it? 

I can't even really handle the Caelus interception but Erpo is basically useless. Idk where to go from here, in terms of making my stuff better.

6 answers to this question

I played the event on PC, and I cannot wait to see how we fare as a community on PS4 in this one!  I found it a step up for archwing, it was really, really fun in my opinion.  WIth the coming archwing changes (Frame's mods not affecting the archwings at all aside from your Aura Mod) and several archwing reinforcements / changes / buffs to other archwing weapons (Looking at PC notes, the velocitus has been buffed since our last build, etc...)  It may be worth it to wait and see what we get in our next build before starting to forma things.  

As far as prep.  I myself am going ahead and slapping a forma on my Odonata though, because yeah.. it's definitely difficult to mod out fully the way you want without one, even with a reactor on it.  If I can luck out and finally get the last peice of the Elytron I need before the event, I will probably run that instead, I'm not sure.  In the meantime, I might as well re-level the old Odo while farming for my last few peices of the duel dueces and the onorix though!  

I did all of them with unpotato'd Odonata/Imperator/Onorix except the last few where I took an Itzal instead. They're not hard to topple as long as you don't rush in and pop the disruptor before everyone's ready. A good rule of thumb is to fly past the core and shoot the nodes from behind. Almost no public matches I did during the event had someone else try to get behind it. You can hit fully half of them from behind, and even if no one else goes around there your team can hit all 16 fairly simply.

A big thing to remember is Odonata's shield adds damage. More damage the better, as once the nodes are gone you want to unload on the core until time runs out. Also note you can escape out either the front or back of the Balor. No need to fret as you try to leave the way you came in.

If you want to level up your Odonata before the event, hit Erpo on Earth. At level 18 you're likely not tough enough to handle the Uranus version of that node without incredible spacial awareness and fast reflexes. If you can, that's better. But Erpo is a nice, gentle slope.

Simply put be prepared to lose a large portion of the relays. Even with PCs admittedly far more vast population it was not near enough. Of course after the 3rd time you run a single formorian it is awfully monotonous. Heck even if you ran each one only once each it was extremely monotonous. I am only wondering at this point if the exact same relays will stand signifying that it was rigged. There is a large number of players here that feel the relays that got destroyed were the ones DE wanted to fall. Currently there are relays at very precise portions of the game. Beginning-Mercury, Middle-Saturn, and End-Pluto. Additionally the formorians on said planets were destroyed far more quickly than even the Venus formorian(Venus appeared to be far more heavily defended considering the number of players on it consistently than any of the others barring Saturn as Baron was due there in a couple of days). 

Time to find out exactly how devious the developers were with the event.