Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Is A Massive Movement Ahead, Run Tenno / Escape Missions

Venarge

We have all sorts of missions. But what I would like to see is something Stalker like. It happens randomly.

And when it happens, you have to run....

Since we already saw the new infested golem, I think that we have passed a new line of restriction: fusing bodies.

But what does that mean? A new threat! Something you just cant kill.

Something like this:

b1b79711a72ba85cfe847a08d8e8abaf-d5dqyrk

A creature, so massive that you are unable to simply kill it.

Made of so many bodies and brains, that shooting it in the head wont kill it.

Something you can only flee from^^

How it would happen:

The infected mission would start as usually. You almost reached your objective as the ship began to shake. Lotus calls in and mentiones a giant movement ahead .Suddenly, one of the sealed doors breaks and a giant infested worm creature appears, starting to hunt you. Now you have to run and find your way to the exit. You are now able to close doors behind you to stop the creature a little bit. After a few seconds, the monster would break through and follow its prey again. Something like that could spice the things up a little bit in my opinion ^^

So what do you guys think about it?

Other awesome ideas in this thread:

Azure_Kyte: "Fire at the legs to break them, slowing it down for some time as it grows new ones. Shooting it in the mouth to damage it's head so that it shoot acid at you."

Akivoodoo: "Slow warframes : Lotus automatically locks down the door after the last player exits the room. (Although I do like the idea of a reverse two-switch door, requiring two players to 'use' at the same time to close rather than open)"

Myself^^: "Door 5 will only open if door 1 is closed. Therefore, rushers would have to look for their teammates and ensure that every player passed the door.

If the worm passed door 1, the system will go on with the second door and so on"

SonaoS: "But it should be a random mid-mission objective-change in infestation raid/sabotage maps to make sure the hostage won't get stuck in a crate"

Di0medes: "One solution to the door closing mechanic that people were talking about i thought of could be a set of obstacle that you can shoot to block the *insert chasing monster here* from moving through quickly."

Edited by Venarge

I think this would be a good idea to implement if we could do something to delay the creature that still requires combat.

E.g. Fire at the legs to break them, slowing it down for some time as it grows new ones. Shooting it in the mouth to damage it's head so that it shoot acid at you. Things like that.

I like the idea, but I'm thinking it would be problematic for the slower Warframes even with the closing doors XD
Also wondering how something like a massive worm would navigate some of the map tiles >_>; Although I suppose it wouldn't have to be a worm... Might be a swarm something particularly nasty. 

I like the idea, but I'm thinking it would be problematic for the slower Warframes even with the closing doors XD

Also wondering how something like a massive worm would navigate some of the map tiles >_>; Although I suppose it wouldn't have to be a worm... Might be a swarm something particularly nasty. 

Yeah.

The worm creature would simply bash through everything. My idea for slow frames would be that you can shoot the worm to make it slower. He would still follow you, but not as fast as he usually would. Another create would be cool too. I just think a massive giant whatever has the biggest chance to scare people and make them run :D

Perhaps give him a chance to spawn outdoors and he is so massive that he slaps the ground creating fissures and cliffs you must use your abilities to circumvent. give him an eye or something you have to shoot, that would eventually make him burrow if enough damage was done. Make it so if you stand still for more than 1 second, he spits acid at you, so you have to always be moving. Turn him into a parkour challenge.

I really have no desire to just run from something.

Outdoors would be great for something like this. I like Azure_Kyte and Xtorma's additional ideas to it also. 

I slug along in a Rhino. My kids' frames ALL run faster than I can sprint. I still like the idea, so long as I could empty my clip and slow it down enough to get away..... LOL

Edited by GrimmLiberty

Possible fix to possible problem

- Slow warframes : Lotus automatically locks down the door after the last player exits the room. (Although I do like the idea of a reverse two-switch door, requiring two players to 'use' at the same time to close rather than open)

The parkour would need to be improved, especially responsiveness of jump and wallrun transitions, to make this work properly.

Also frames with low stamina would probably get #*($%%@.

There could be a mechanic that you can shoot the creature to buy some time, stun or slow it down, maybe freeze mods could be used.

Thank you all for your feedback =)

Im glad you like this idea :3

Possible fix to possible problem

- Slow warframes : Lotus automatically locks down the door after the last player exits the room. (Although I do like the idea of a reverse two-switch door, requiring two players to 'use' at the same time to close rather than open)

great way to deal with this problem. This way, nobody would left behind and the team would have to look for the "weakest" chain and make sure that it is safe, otherwise, they all would be damned :D

Edited by Venarge

The parkour would need to be improved, especially responsiveness of jump and wallrun transitions, to make this work properly.

Also frames with low stamina would probably get #*($%%@.

There could be a mechanic that you can shoot the creature to buy some time, stun or slow it down, maybe freeze mods could be used.

Yeah ^^

Something like this would be a great way to make this possible for the slower frames =)

SO I was walking through the internet and searched for some other creatures that might fit into this idea:

Here we have another worm like creature:

white_devourer_worm_by_chriskot-d32j4lk.

Some goliath/giant like creature that bashes through the doors and stuff. Not that big of course. Twice the size of a tenno i would say.

nyarlathotep_by_xlegendariumx-d56zv9b.jp

Not a worm but deadly for sure:

9c7cd42e5672f734a8773794837aebc7-d5981oo

I love this idea! Although I do think that level layouts and speed exploits need to be taken a look at to implement a fleeing mission.

Certain layouts that require you to go through flight after flight of stairs(grineer)/drunk waypoints can potentially confuse players, might add to the fun and suspense but when S#&$ really hits the fan its going to be more annoying than anything else.

Then theres the issue of players who know how to execute slash dashes to run imo rather fast as compared to those who don't. Volt players will probably be overjoyed at this new mission type.