Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Is A Massive Movement Ahead, Run Tenno / Escape Missions

Venarge

Some good ideas, but I think it can be a bit easier^^

I just had the idea that the worm moves towards you and simply devours you. There is no need for big animation, except the ones for the worms movement^^

It would crawl closer and closer and if its close enough, it opens a mouth inside the mouth and pulls you in, similar to the actual golem pull.

You would be dead and could choose between a revive to the most far away door or could watch your team play.^^

And thank you for your feedback ^^

Edited by Venarge

Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it=)

Yeah, some others already suggested this^^ But this doesnt mean you shouldnt ^^

The silent hill worm was something I thought about too :D

This idea would be a fresh breeze of air. But it should be a random mid-mission objective-change in infestation raid/sabotage maps to make sure the hostage won't get stuck in a crate (he/she has a tendency to do that). The Greneers should have their equivalent of the "beastie", not sure what it could be though.

Ideas for Infested monster: Centipede-like critter, spider swarm, blob of goo that absorbs everything that touches it, mutated mass of corpses with giant jaws and horns, a mix of all? :)

+1 to OP.

Just bumping this idea up a bit; even better idea ontop of it...

Well, how about this being the way that ships get infested... Imagine having to run away from this AND Grineer, with everyone trying to make a mad dash/kill eachother before they get to the exit, fall behind and you become worm bait. Plus what would be more fun than watching wave after wave of Grineer getting stampeded by a giant centipede of doom, maybe even have a dynamic where if it kills/asorbs enough enemies, it gains a momentum boost, meaning that rushers can't just charge past a node, they actually have to dampen the horde or risk the beastie catching up with them rejuvenated with the fresh corpses of the enemies they just blitzed past.

Edit: Heres something, actually introduce a snazzy use for the Underused Block Mechanic... In response to Venarge's post, make the Pull mechanic be blockable, and Sprinting actually leaves your back open and if you travel at a certain speed/distance (I.E. Sprinting into the next room without the rest of your team) it'll target your vulnerable back if your in it's line of sight and go full-on Dead Space on you and yank you back into the room with it, with speed scaled on how far ahead you are. It also means those who would rush on ahead, have to go out of their way to try and avoid coming into the beast's line of sight.

Edited by Mattyrogue

Well, how about this being the way that ships get infested...

An interesting idea about the way ships get infested!

This could fit into the lore=)

That's the intention, Venarge, would also explain how all that weird Infested Flora gets everywhere, if the ship is being swarmed by a giant centipede of doom.

Exactly. This infested mass would simply fall of the worm and begin to spread :3 THIS IS A PERFECT EXPLANATION!

Edited by Venarge

Hex yes! Combine this with self-destruct to remove the threat spreading to other ships or planets. It should be that you have to get to a certain terminal to initiate self destruct.  Then after the sequence, you may or may not encounter the worm, being possible to avoid with enemy radar and speed mod and control center hacking to lock areas before it breaks through. So, based on the worms speed and self destruct timer, you have a set time to get back or mission fail.

if this is what you guys want... then they should nerf the heck out of the slide s;pinning blade attack so you cannot spam it to get away faster than the enemy. I agree we could have this game mission. But make it a group of four jackles or 4 Hyenas... that way you get to CHOOSE your style of game play.

That would be fair to everyone.

Or even an escape mission where the ship is fallign apart.

(And worms........ Really!?) Infector sure. But that would be DeadSpace Relms for sure.

Edited by Tuxpenguino

+1 OP

yes plz

Thank you very much for your support =)

An interesting idea how to approach this :D

thanks for your thoughts on this =)

if this is what you guys want... then they should nerf the heck out of the slide s;pinning blade attack so you cannot spam it to get away faster than the enemy. I agree we could have this game mission. But make it a group of four jackles or 4 Hyenas... that way you get to CHOOSE your style of game play.

That would be fair to everyone.

Or even an escape mission where the ship is fallign apart.

(And worms........ Really!?) Infector sure. But that would be DeadSpace Relms for sure.

Why does a group of 4 jackals gives you more variety than a giant worm?

And it doesnt even have to look like something dead space like. They could make it their own way.

With many bodies fused together, a giant mouth with claws inside it. It sounds a bit like dead space, but we already get an enemy that is fused from different bodies tht doesnt look like a necromorph.

But thanks for your feedback mate =)

Damn after picturing it breaking the door to chase your down gave me the bone chills while you and the rest of your tenno friends try to make it to the exit,now it would be cool if one of your friends are being grabbed by it and you have to help shoot off the thing grabbing him so that he may escape.But i do wonder how you look like once your warframe is being devoured xD

Damn after picturing it breaking the door to chase your down gave me the bone chills while you and the rest of your tenno friends try to make it to the exit,now it would be cool if one of your friends are being grabbed by it and you have to help shoot off the thing grabbing him so that he may escape.But i do wonder how you look like once your warframe is being devoured xD

Hmm. The idea with being grabbed and your team has to rescue you seems cool. But I think if the worm is close enough to grab you, I dont think that there is any time left to be saved ^^

Well. If you get eaten, you become a part of the worm. Maybe it transfers your body to the head and let you see how he chases you :3 Look through the eyes of the monster that chases your team :D

Don't they already have something like this with the occasional mission timer?  I've always taken that like the ship is about to self-destruct and you have to get off now.

Maybe for the grineer instead of some sort of monster it could be the ship buckling, and the rooms vent into space permanently after a period of time, forcing you to move quickly while still fighting your way to the exit.

Play Rhino, spam Iron Skin.

Suddenly, running seems like a silly idea.

well, since this creature eats you, it doenst give a damn about our iron skin. Yeah, you might be protected for a while. But as far as effect is fading, your dead.

wow, what a great idea.

what i'd like with that is tile (grineer would fit best) that forces you to make a leap at the end of your escape route. like an abyss, or a crater or some factory exhaust pipe. you should make the jump and make it, and the worm would fall in and die, dropping, let's say, three mods. that would add a reward to a more difficult task, it would add to stamina management, and if you give the worm around 100-150 damage + stagger, you sure as hell would want to make that jump.

wow, what a great idea.

what i'd like with that is tile (grineer would fit best) that forces you to make a leap at the end of your escape route. like an abyss, or a crater or some factory exhaust pipe. you should make the jump and make it, and the worm would fall in and die, dropping, let's say, three mods. that would add a reward to a more difficult task, it would add to stamina management, and if you give the worm around 100-150 damage + stagger, you sure as hell would want to make that jump.

It would definitly add a reward. But I think this creature shouldnt die ^^

Maybe you just get some extram random mods after the missions success :D

thanks for your feedback =)

+1 from me.

Since no one seems to have mentioned it yet, this quickly made me think of the regenerator necromorph from Dead Space.

Trying to fight that thing and after realizing that it just healed and came after me again terrified me.

I even thought I'd killed it and panicked quite badly when I was suddenly attacked from behind.

Well, how about this being the way that ships get infested... Imagine having to run away from this AND Grineer, with everyone trying to make a mad dash/kill eachother before they get to the exit, fall behind and you become worm bait. Plus what would be more fun than watching wave after wave of Grineer getting stampeded by a giant centipede of doom, maybe even have a dynamic where if it kills/asorbs enough enemies, it gains a momentum boost, meaning that rushers can't just charge past a node, they actually have to dampen the horde or risk the beastie catching up with them rejuvenated with the fresh corpses of the enemies they just blitzed past.

I like the idea of having the Grineer or Corpus fleeing as well while we all take the occasional shot at each other.

This idea would be a fresh breeze of air. But it should be a random mid-mission objective-change in infestation raid/sabotage maps to make sure the hostage won't get stuck in a crate (he/she has a tendency to do that). The Greneers should have their equivalent of the "beastie", not sure what it could be though.

Ideas for Infested monster: Centipede-like critter, spider swarm, blob of goo that absorbs everything that touches it, mutated mass of corpses with giant jaws and horns, a mix of all? :)

+1 to OP.

it could be a big 4 armed grineer with thick armor plates that regenerate, it would also scream and have a devastating 4 shot bazooka, melee dual huge sword attack, and a jump-stomp AoE, also instead of running it could be defeated by making it get stunned near a pack of explosive barrels, wich will blow off the regenerating metal and give us the time to attack, he coul also scream an stun us

Love this idea!
I'm not sure how it would work for drops, because once the worm spawns you are certain not to get any more mods or resources, so people would probably be upset. A worm spawn would basically prevent you from farming.

But either way i really like it and it would be lots of fun to see this become reality. Add some parkour elements to the escape and its a hit!