Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running Is Killing The Game*

RedEye88

I've come to the conclusion that if not as black and white as some people feel.

1.  there are players who like to get the mission done, fairly quickly....that's fine, sometimes I will want the same, if I can keep up. Normally you can just about keep up and they tend to slow down enough for you to do so, if they see your trying. This is fine.

2. There are those players that see you 10 yards from the lift running and still press the button and leave you (as you see the doors close), cross through laser beams, activate a camera you can't see and trap you behind them, because they purposely wont shoot it. Won't revive anyone, won't even mark mods. If I get with a group like that, the ultimate power to 'abort', is still in my hands and that's exactly what I do. The first few incidents that tell me I'm with that sort of team, abort early on, there is no point staying. There are a lot of $&*^s in the world and I try to avoid playing with them........said the actress to the bishop.

3. The explorers, want to kill everything, look at everything....that's fine, if im in the mood, great. If I'm not, either do what they are all doing and explore, or again leave the game.

I'd like to see the game have more difficulty, for better reward, perhaps a little more complex gameplay, but these are other issues.....ultimately, if you feel you have joined a bunch of people who are playing in a way you don't like....'abort'.

Edited by DaveC

Different people have different play styles. If you don't like the play style of the team you've been placed in then abort, and find a new group.

Posting multiple threads on the forums about how 'rushers are killing this game', and trying to force everyone into a single play style doesn't help anyone, and is only going to draw you flack.

DE has already made it so that a single player can't ruin the experience for an entire group. Remember, at least 50% of the  team must be at extraction for the timer to begin. Anything beyond that isn't 'fixing the game', it's catering to a certain play style at the expense of others.

Edited by JerryMouse13

Different people have different play styles. If you don't like the play style of the team you've been placed in then abort, and find a new group.

Posting multiple threads on the forums about how 'rushers are killing this game', and trying to force everyone into a single play style doesn't help anyone, and is only going to draw you flack.

DE has already made it so that a single player can't ruin the experience for an entire group. Remember, at least 50% of the  team must be at extraction for the timer to begin. Anything beyond that isn't 'fixing the game', it's catering to a certain play style at the expense of others.

And on this note the thread should die. But it won't.

In all honesty I agree with the idea that in some sections of the stage you need to clear out the enemy for I have had a few two many rounds go where I get stuck with someone who runs to the end and is already on his way back to the finish before the group who have stayed together are even half way done. But if this happens you have to do it right. But can we really complain its still beta and is just going to get better.

In all honesty I agree with the idea that in some sections of the stage you need to clear out the enemy for I have had a few two many rounds go where I get stuck with someone who runs to the end and is already on his way back to the finish before the group who have stayed together are even half way done. But if this happens you have to do it right. But can we really complain its still beta and is just going to get better.

Aren't you guys aware? There are doors that require two people to open. If there's only one person running, s/he has to wait at that door while everyone else kills everything and catches up. If there are two runners, then that's 50% of your party that wants to run and not fight.

Everyone keeps talking about this like there AREN'T areas that seal up and inhibit runners.

Edited by TheGlitchy

I usually just slow down the guys in front by popping out the windows in ships. That lets me catch up.

The easiest solution is to put gates up that require all team members to be there to open. It's gotten so bad that on a "destroy the reactor" mission I couldn't even make it off the ship before it blew.

So there went all my credits.

Perhaps a solution would be to let whoever runs to end just evac. Let the rest of the squad do what they will.

I usually just slow down the guys in front by popping out the windows in ships. That lets me catch up.

The easiest solution is to put gates up that require all team members to be there to open. It's gotten so bad that on a "destroy the reactor" mission I couldn't even make it off the ship before it blew.

So there went all my credits.

For reactor missions everyone has to be exit or all players suffer losses... maybe even destroy common mods on those that got head of the squad.

Just an idea. I personally only run through stuff when I got mobs after me and no support.

Tenno ARE supposed to be space ninjas, so they shouldn't be forced to kill everything before being able to continue,

although I do think something should be done about rushers, maybe just add a filter for your lobby or when searching for one, for rushers and non rushers

I'll be honest I haven't read all the post above.

I think -  don't tell people how to play the game. You don't like rushers, play solo. This is a case of taste. I'm very thankful to Dev's for giving me an option to play Solo. For me fight is the name of the game. Farmers will farm. Rushers will rush. Who is to say which way of playing is right. 

I think the 'problem' is that rushers don't care about the rest of the team. They're going to go full speed, and the rest of the party exists only for if they encounter something they need help with, at which point they wait just a bit for 'their backup' to arrive and then plow forward again.

The question I keep asking rushers is, "Why are you even playing a multi-player game if you're going to ignore your teammates?" 

thought: how do we solve this problem without hindering each players styles?

obviously its been stated that timer maps and exploring maps are key. how to go about it is more the question.

most of the missions are already based on get to the target, and get out.

how about missions where collecting from every data terminal you can find with at least a minimum of double that your team size, and any extra you find is bonus credits, or eventually random mod drop.

perhaps adding in where some of the hidden rooms (which we know there are tons of) has a booster datamass, that when taken to extraction has a mod drop.

and then theres a possibility of "defend the point WHILE finding the 4 datamasses in an endless wave" sort of thing. a mission like this REQUIRES teamwork, and once all the datamasses are collected and put into the point, the mission ends.

so possible missions were covered slightly there, now how do we limit 'rushers' cramping 'explorers' and vice versa? 

-rush missions have INSANE difficulty levels on enemies. you could fight them, but youll most likely die if you stand and fight. things like level 80+ monsters. 

-explorer missions can have the normal difficulty, but if someone straggles or rushes too far all solo and what not, a different kind of stalker visits them. one based more along ash instead of excalibur, and at a much higher difficulty level that almost ensures he wont be killed, and a speed boost over the normal stalker that prevents people from getting away. this would suck to be a straggler, but also prevent trolls on both ends.

-rush missions given a timer only fixes half the problem, because stragglers will hold the team back. what about "as you progress, rooms behind you blow up in chain" something like, mission start stays active for 40 seconds, then every room after that is only 10 or 30 seconds, depending on those massive rooms. if youre caught in the room when it goes boom, you die instantly, no revive. sucks to be that tenno.

-explorer missions that have an objective but NO means as to where to go on your minimap could be a benefit. like, find the materials bank in the base. this coupled with 'anti-rush stalkers' would mean youre spending time with your team, really searching for the materials. besides, missions with materials for rewards?? this might interest people.

these are just a couple of ideas to keep people of all kinds interested.

EDIT: figured id toss in here that boss missions are more then frequently finished by someone rushing in before the team gets there. THAT is what irritates most players more then anything, to hear the boss is dead, and to have that rusher NOT tell you where the drops are effectively ruining your hunt for blueprints and materials.

making ALL boss missions like that of the Jackal, where everyone has to be in the room for the boss to spawn, would make a LOT of people happy.

Edited by Satwo

I think the 'problem' is that rushers don't care about the rest of the team. They're going to go full speed, and the rest of the party exists only for if they encounter something they need help with, at which point they wait just a bit for 'their backup' to arrive and then plow forward again.

The question I keep asking rushers is, "Why are you even playing a multi-player game if you're going to ignore your teammates?" 

An additional problem is that you can easily get bogged down with the enemies the people running off leave in their wake. Shockwave MOAs, Commanders and Mini-gunners, get you at the wrong moment and soon enough all the enemies flock towards you.

I live by a system...

1. Only rush when I need to farm boss mods.

2. Any other mission I kill everything I see....Unless I get overwhelmed.

What about 3.) Kill everything you see and still get yelled at for rushing?

am i a rusher, if i WALK with trinity, kill everything in my path and still have to wait for team members to catch up at elevators?

a real rusher(with speed mods and without them) will play solo even in a game with 3 other people, and by playing solo he will disrupt the game of the other 3 players. he will run past any mob, reach objective and then run to the exit. the only thing i don't understand, is why such people play in random? they still have to wait for other team members to reach the exit. it would be much more efficient for them to play in solo

but that is not a big problem for other 3 players(unless they are too weak themselves). the real problem is when the rusher runs to the boss, kills the boss himself, and then runs to the exit BEFORE anyone else reaches the boss area. this way, other 3 people don't get the chance to pick up mods/blueprints, since the mission waypoint changes to exit.

i have seen such rushers myself. luckily i was able to recognise him on time and decided to run after him as fast as i could. i reached boss area at the moment, when the boss died and waypoint changed. i ran to the arena, and put a waypoint to the blueprint myself. after the rest of my team got there and collected blueprint, we went to the exit killing everyone in sight. rusher had to wait maybe 5 minutes to end the mission. in solo he would have killed the boss 3 times allready.

rushers and slowpokes have to be dealt with, but in a way, so that they can keep playing the way they like AND don't disturb the game for others. filtering options would be great. for example:

1 - rushing players only

2 - rushing players preferred

3 - don't care, i'll adapt

4 - want to kill lots of enemies

5 - map explorers only

I'll be honest I haven't read all the post above.

I think -  don't tell people how to play the game. You don't like rushers, play solo. This is a case of taste. I'm very thankful to Dev's for giving me an option to play Solo. For me fight is the name of the game. Farmers will farm. Rushers will rush. Who is to say which way of playing is right. 

"Don't like rushers? Play solo."

Why can't the rushers just play solo? I mean, if they're 5 miles ahead of everyone else they obviously don't need the team.

Non-rushers often need the teammates.

I think the people who go through everything are more annoying, stayed in a simple raid mission for 40+ minutes while the other people, explored the WHOLE map, i also killed most of the enemies, dealt 72% of the damage, yet these players are going out of their way to open everything and kill everything. The only reason 2/3 of them went to help, was cause the guy kept waypointing, which got annoying. When i asked why they took so long, the main guy said "endless enemies, unlimited xp" *facepalm*. There's a way to prevent both rushing and stalling teammates, and thats , like everyone says, joining a clan that fits YOUR playstyle. 

I'm with you. I rush. all the time for reg missions. no reason to kill everything when im just after boss drops. so what do I do? I Q up for solo or private play!  wish more rushers would do the same. and if you can't solo the boss then work on mobile defense missions till your max rank with best mods. then go solo or private Q.

One of the reasons why many rushers (not saying all) don't care about other players is the lack of a solid in-game chat. When your fellow Tenno are silent avatars that happen to be on the same map there is bound to be a feeling of detachment. This is a complete contrast to grouping with a Clan members using a TS server. Improving the game chat would help the 'unit' feeling in missions.

The previous suggestions around grouping people according to their Kill/ Explore/ Speed Completion/ Any Group etc. references also seem solid and should be easy to implement.

Game difficulty also needs to be looked at. Whilst there will always be people that can solo their way through content adding more challenging content for group play would also encourage people who want to group in a multi-player game; e.g. environmental traps, enemies using stun grenades, effects that can rapidly reduce shields, randomly generated mini-bosses with more dangerous abilities and the chance of usesful material or mod drops etc.

Rushers are indeed a ongoing...thing, but we are SPACE NINJA'S. So skipping mobs OR killing everything falls under that category. Rusher's will rush. No sense making us pay for the sins of the few. And sometimes you don't have time to kill everything. Plus there is security lockdowns and two man doors to address these issues.