Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drops Should "drop"

Sorweel

I am not talking about drop rates, here.  I am talking about BP drops physically being effected by gravity.

I've been farming Fossa for a couple weeks trying to get that Rhino Systems (I've paid for founders, DE, so don't just skip this post because you think I'm a freeloader...) and it finally drops.  One of our squad was meleeing the Jackal and picked it up on its death and goes crazy in chat about it.  Best part?  For me, the ball flies off the edge, while the circuits stay put right where he died.

Are you serious?  All that work and waiting, and RNG finally goes my way, only to see that glowing ball fly off the edge where I can't get it.  This is simply unacceptable   Those things should drop straight down EXACTLY LIKE THE MATS DO.

Frustration will not keep me around as a paying customer..... 

Why did even say about founders and free loader stuff?

As far as i know DE is one of the best and they just dont skip because you are free loader or something... And i feel like

Skipping your post after i read that sentance

I completely agree with this. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but boss drops should either fall exactly where the boss died and/or be automatically distributed to the rest of the party if they drop at all (i.e. if a BP drops, everyone gets it even if it flies off somewhere). Just yesterday I was running the Hyena to get a control module and something similar happened where one person in the party got it and no one else did because it probably flew off the railing.

On a similar note, I'd really like to see BPs with an updated graphic. The affinity orb lookalike can be easy to miss sometimes; I know that I definitely missed a few BP drops as a new player because they didn't stand out all that much.

Why did even say about founders and free loader stuff?

As far as i know DE is one of the best and they just dont skip because you are free loader or something... And i feel like

Skipping your post after i read that sentance

I said it to get their attention.....your post proves my point....

I completely agree with this. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but boss drops should either fall exactly where the boss died and/or be automatically distributed to the rest of the party if they drop at all (i.e. if a BP drops, everyone gets it even if it flies off somewhere). Just yesterday I was running the Hyena to get a control module and something similar happened where one person in the party got it and no one else did because it probably flew off the railing.

On a similar note, I'd really like to see BPs with an updated graphic. The affinity orb lookalike can be easy to miss sometimes; I know that I definitely missed a few BP drops as a new player because they didn't stand out all that much.

I agree.  I think BP pickups should have a totally seperate announcement, similar to how mods and mats show up in different places on the screen, so should BP pickups.  They are too important to be mixed in with energy, ammo, and basic mats.

Well I understand the whole exploding drops thing as it visually adds excitement to getting a reward however, yeah it is very frustrating to see the drop go flying off into never-never land where you will never get to see what it was.

Most of the time it is no big deal. You will just lose a crap mod or energy sphere or something but losing a BP drop or heavn forbid, rare Mod drop is kinda unacceptable.

I am not talking about drop rates, here.  I am talking about BP drops physically being effected by gravity.

I've been farming Fossa for a couple weeks trying to get that Rhino Systems (I've paid for founders, DE, so don't just skip this post because you think I'm a freeloader...) and it finally drops.  One of our squad was meleeing the Jackal and picked it up on its death and goes crazy in chat about it.  Best part?  For me, the ball flies off the edge, while the circuits stay put right where he died.

Are you serious?  All that work and waiting, and RNG finally goes my way, only to see that glowing ball fly off the edge where I can't get it.  This is simply unacceptable   Those things should drop straight down EXACTLY LIKE THE MATS DO.

Frustration will not keep me around as a paying customer..... 

Whle it seems that it's "a good idea" to craft Rhino right after you get the hang of beating the Jackal, don't be fooled by it. You're much better served just going on your way and leveling your stuff up to rank 30. Than you come back to fossa and just Rush to the jackal, kill in in a few seconds, check the drops, pick up what dropped and rush to the exit. 

With Loki, these rushes usually take 3 to 4 minutes each. I got all the components in 37 minutes. with a maxed and SC Loki, and a maxed and SC latron (shoot legs, shoot body, shoot legs, shoot body, etc).

Keep in mind you need 1500 rubedo and a little over 100.000 credits to do so craft him after having all the parts. Not to mention three days and a half.

Whle it seems that it's "a good idea" to craft Rhino right after you get the hang of beating the Jackal, don't be fooled by it. You're much better served just going on your way and leveling your stuff up to rank 30. Than you come back to fossa and just Rush to the jackal, kill in in a few seconds, check the drops, pick up what dropped and rush to the exit. 

With Loki, these rushes usually take 3 to 4 minutes each. I got all the components in 37 minutes. with a maxed and SC Loki, and a maxed and SC latron (shoot legs, shoot body, shoot legs, shoot body, etc).

Keep in mind you need 1500 rubedo and a little over 100.000 credits to do so craft him after having all the parts. Not to mention three days and a half.

the point here is not that it takes too much time to speed-run the boss, it's that the drops sometimes go where you can't go and you have to continue farming the boss over and over until you get another of those rare drops...

the point here is not that it takes too much time to speed-run the boss, it's that the drops sometimes go where you can't go and you have to continue farming the boss over and over until you get another of those rare drops...

In my experience this only happens online.

+1 to this. Have had some mods and nice loot drops fly off the map too. Lost a couple of those white special orbs because of that. Ammo, cash and "trash loot", sure, by all means let them erupt all over the place like a volcano, but let the mods and rare items stay on the ground where they can be reached by all players.

Dammit....so unfair. I reckon it's time for an e-mail to support to get them to find that drop and e-mail it back to you. I mean, they should be able to get i,t right, it's going to be on that map where you left it. While they are about it, they could change the mechanic to drop the mod at your feet, so you wouldn't even have to search for it....because that can be a real bind when farming.

Edited by DaveC

Might be related to the Rag-doll physics on the bodies of the bosses, with a fixed point on the characters geometry being used to spawn the drops, if the spawn point is moving then maybe this causes the drop to fly off?

Edited by iniaes

Going to give my agreement on this one, I have many horrible, destructive things to say about the drops flying out like silly rubber balls and getting stuck in terrain or having to go on a jolly game of find-the-bloody-thing with them.

Please stop this silly trend of putting things that are cool above things that are functional.

Edited by krisp

Yes, agreement here  Trying to to keep the boss in a "safezone" where you know the bp's can be recovered is like a game within a game that I don't want to play.  The bp's should have their own identity apart from the other resources.   The projectile of bp's on boss death needs nerfed.

Hey, I've lost some loot over railings too. It's quite vexing. 

Admittedly though, it's kinda fun watching the loot fly a fair distance as something dies. A balance should be struck, but really, you should be trying to consider the environment where you fight. If you killed something that mod dropped and the body drops too close to a ledge, then you kinda deserve having the mod fly out of reach. 

Even so, many of the Link to the Past drop portal areas, particularly in the Corpus Vessel maps, would be really easy to free-run out of. Why aren't they walkable in the first place?

You guys know that every time something flies off into abyss, it respawns in a particular place in that room/tile, right? I've never lost anything that's sailed off into a hole, just look around and find where it respawns. If there's some area where this doesn't happen, report it as a bug :-)