Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question For De About Data Miners.

BrotherIcarus

On the net there are some good tools for that,

Spoilers in particular got well inserted in most people's mannerism depending of places, even just adding a warning in the title is easy, people just have to take responsibility upon whether they want to annoy people or not ; not saying it's on the level of a crime.

I still don't get why drop tables are encrypted and they never gave an honest answer, all we have to go off of are player made reports for what drop tables are. This would actually be helpful to see if r5 packs really did get nerfed or if rnjesus is just laying down the hammer. If anyone can link a serious answer to why this is and not just one of the b.s. answers out would be appreciated

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/118039-encrypted-drop-tables/

Also read the reddit thread that is linked in this post.

• 2 weeks later...

/r/Warframe is actually on DE's side

Since Drew and KillerKarp are both super active on that subreddit

Posting leaked content there will end up with deletions and suspensions. I think they are even more strict about it than you guys since DE posts stuff there from time to time.

False, I've never seen datamined info deleted on reddit, DE has no control over reddit Edited by cyrus106

I gotta wonder isn't there anything you guys at DE can do to prevent it? Now I know nothing about coding so I will try not to make to many assumptions.

Taking my lack of solid knowledge into account the only solution that I see would be to not have any "new" prime stuff in the code before the update goes live. Now I imagine there are reasons for this not to be the case so I got to ask what they are? and what would be the possible problems with implementing new primes like this? 

Now of course this is all assuming you guys don't want the leaks. 

I see no reason to prevent it.

I fully support datamining, even as a Grandmaster Founder. As was referenced before, I still remember when DE encyrpted the droptables. That is unforgivable. That absolutely destroys any kind of trust between the customer and the company if they're not being transparent. That being said, I can understand your frustration, and my advice would be to stay far away from any 'speculation' or similar threads, as most of the info there is thinly vieled datamined info. Datamining is important because of two things: transparency, and killing hype trains (in my opinion they are harmful). Transparency is the core of any relation between a customer and company, and any effective cessation of that leads to widespread negative sentiment (Canadian/American ISPs come to mind). Hype trains also harm the dev's work on the game, as people will have inflated expectations for updates that will never be met.