Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question For De About Data Miners.

BrotherIcarus

The only issue I have here is, DE kown we have datamined this stuff, for example the prime stuff, everyone knows about it near enough, its 100% confirmed who and what it is, yet they are like school girls when it comes to it beening on topics and its a big "No no" like someone touched their no no spot. if its been "leaked" on the topics

Yet, everyone knows about it, its not going to be a surprise, its "spoiled", Why still keep it behind a wall?, why still keep it hidden, why not just release it or end the next prime one, so we can get the next hum?

Its not rocket science we kown who it is, the real pain is it beening locked away and forced to wait, not the dataminers.

The data miners are doing good, then anything else, hell its almost a blessing. 

"Everyone" is an exaggeration.

Dataminers are likely not suppose to be prowling around DE's files anways, i see no reason why  DE should suddenly say everything because people were looking into game files they weren't suppose to be doing anyway.

It's like a book ending is spoiled before it's release then saying Why doesn't the author just release it now that the ending has been spoiling?

Dataminers are anything but right here, while i do like knowing whats coming up. They are in the wrong.

Exactly my point.

I dont care if theyre data mining. Just dont preach your findings to the world. Keep it to yourself

You werent at gunpoint when you opened spoiler threads, werent you? If you see datamine thread, nobody forces you to proceed and read what is in there.

You werent at gunpoint when you opened spoiler threads, werent you? If you see datamine thread, nobody forces you to proceed and read what is in there.

So are you going to next say that they should tell people "hey don't spoil it" in game when they others talk about next prime? Because we all know ordering people around on internet is effective.

Or perhaps they should never click a thread that says "What will be next prime frame? or will x be prime?" because of possible spoilers that dataminers shouldn't know in the first place. They should just avoid prime threads in general then?

There has been only one thread i've seen so far that said x prime was next prime, but i've know he was next for weeks because people talk about him both ingame and on forums.

So are you going to next say that they should tell people "hey don't spoil it" in game when they others talk about next prime? Because we all know ordering people around on internet is effective.

Or perhaps they should never click a thread that says "What will be next prime frame? or will x be prime?" because of possible spoilers that dataminers shouldn't know in the first place. They should just avoid prime threads in general then?

There has been only one thread i've seen so far that said x prime was next prime, but i've know he was next for weeks because people talk about him both ingame and on forums.

Freedom of speech.

So screw it. Easier for us Mods to keep it off the forums as much as we can, right? If you see datamined info you file a report. We hide it and maybe shoot the guy a PM or something saying "Yeah, nope. Stop that." and there you go. If people want that stuff they can go on the Reddit for it. I'm pretty sure the Reddit doesn't mind it.

/r/Warframe is actually on DE's side

Since Drew and KillerKarp are both super active on that subreddit

Posting leaked content there will end up with deletions and suspensions. I think they are even more strict about it than you guys since DE posts stuff there from time to time.

I still don't get why drop tables are encrypted and they never gave an honest answer, all we have to go off of are player made reports for what drop tables are. This would actually be helpful to see if r5 packs really did get nerfed or if rnjesus is just laying down the hammer. If anyone can link a serious answer to why this is and not just one of the b.s. answers out would be appreciated

As a member of design council I like the leaks

We don't get enough spoilers there anyway

I don't Redditch so it's usually by accident that I stumble upon leaks here in the forum

They should just show dc so we can spread the hype and dataminers won't have to work so hard. I guess that's why we don't get preview cuz people will share

But with dataminers doing it anyway I dot see why they would refrain

I don't view this as a large subject...

People who want to know get what they want.

People who don't want to know or don't care have the option of not.

I dislike hype and teases of any kind so spoilers have the effect of reducing those for me.

DE has shown themselves to be big on hype and teasers so I'd imagine they don't like it much.

It's their stuff so they have every right to pick how the info gets out.

Discussing or conjecturing on it is something I won't do though.

That's where I think people go wrong when it comes to information like this.

It's one thing to know and another to form opinions on it.

This is asking the wrong question. The one players should be asking, is, what is de hiding that they don't want players to see?

Remember the drop table debacle that came prior to the encryption?

The answer to that is upcoming content... Go to reddit all the dataminers are looking for new stuff.

I learned that the hard way :/

Can confirm, have a warning points from a year back due to mentioning datamined stuff.

I wonder, moderators, is it ok to reference reddit posts about it to people who are genuinely curious, instead of outright saying what the datamined stuff is?

Freedom of speech.

don't glorify the thing,

Even not going to these specific place, just reading around the info nearly always get leaked, and the fault is both the guys spreading without a care and the source dataminers.

I personally don't mind but some people seemingly don't want, that's just how it is

don't glorify the thing,

Even not going to these specific place, just reading around the info nearly always get leaked, and the fault is both the guys spreading without a care and the source dataminers.

I personally don't mind but some people seemingly don't want, that's just how it is

I dont glorify anything here, it is simple explanation. You cannot stop people talking about something.

Lets explain this in way some of you guys can understand. You just started watching Game of Thrones ( or any of series that you like ) and you are walking around your street, when some random people start talking about what will happen in episodes that you didnt watch. What are you going to do? They are clearly spoiling your fun and you have to do something.

A) kill them so you dont hear anything

B) call the police because they are spoiling your fun

C) create a political party and win elections so you can create law which forbids people speaking about your favorite series

D) suck it up and proceed to walk away

What i am trying to explain here is that you cannot stop dataminers and posting on forums. If you want to stop it, then forums would need thousands of mods simply because you would have to filter every post and thread. And where is the freedom of speech here?

If anyone can link a serious answer to why this is and not just one of the b.s. answers out would be appreciated

DE hasn't given any specifics on chances, and anything showing actual chances is going to get deleted on sight.

So you'll have to look yourself, elsewhere, off of these forums.

Depends on where you live actually.

If you live in the US, which I'm assuming most people here do, then you're subject to quite a few restrictions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_in_the_United_States#Types_of_speech_restrictions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions

Since this website is considered DE's property and you're here voluntarily, they can tell you what you can and cannot say.

Anyways, enough with this derailment. It's purely academic, as dataminers seem to post whatever they want anyways.