The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Was The Whole Point Of Implementing A Search Function In The Mod List?

LevelSevenX

You can only use it when you are fusioning or transmuting or selling mods.

You can't use it when you are trading mods.

You can't use it when browsing your codex.

You can't use it when you want to find a mod in your inventory.

So really, what was the whole point of adding a search function that only works in one area?

I use it time to time when mod'ing a weapon. Little confused. Like if i want more "heat" dmg i type in heat and it gives me my options. 

Test it out yourself, it doesn't show up. No search function whatsoever.

Just did b4 posting just to make sure it wasn't removed or bug'ed out.
Edited by Quizel

So really, what was the whole point of adding a search function that only works in one area?

It works in the one area where it really counts.

Not everyone browses through the codex, not everyone trades a lot, and not everyone searches through their inventory. 

But everyone uses fusion.

Also 3 areas. Fusion, transmuting and selling are all different things.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

I use it time to time when mod'ing a weapon. Little confused. Like if i want more "heat" dmg i type in heat and it gives me my options. 

Just did b4 posting just to make sure it wasn't removed or bug'ed out.

I'm talking about search by name, not sort by. And in the Mods terminal in your liset the search function is available and works fine. But elsewhere that option does not exist. Check the Codex --> Mods, search does not show up. Try to sell a mod to someone in trade chat and enjoy scrolling through your backpack for one mod.

It works in the one area where it really counts.

Not everyone browses through the codex, not everyone trades a lot, and not everyone searches through their inventory. 

But everyone uses fusion.

Also 3 areas. Fusion, transmuting and selling are all different things.

>Not everyone trades a lot

I'm just going to go take a gander at Trade Chat

Gee, trade chat seems to always have more players than recruiting.  And about the same as region.

huh.

Yea, I dont understand why we dont have the search function available everywhere we have mods.

Edit: OP, being passive aggressive like that is a good way of getting your thread locked. May want to hold off on that. 

May want to retry making this thread with a better title as well, and less negative undertones.

Edited by armedpoop

And? 

I'm still correct, not everyone trades constantly. Don't generalize.

Well OP's point does still stand doesn't it? Just because not everyone uses a feature doesn't mean it should be implemented.  I mean, it's not really that important to me but I can see how it'd be a big deal to others who trade a lot.

Well OP's point does still stand doesn't it? Just because not everyone uses a feature doesn't mean it should be implemented.  I mean, it's not really that important to me but I can see how it'd be a big deal to others who trade a lot.

I never said that it shouldn't be implemented, all I'm doing is giving an explanation as to why DE may have thought this way. Which does make sense.

I use them in these situations:

Seeing someone "WTB said mod" I search "said mod" by typing the name of it if i`m not sure I have it more than 1 time.

As everyone else, fusion. Sorting and scrolling is not that efficient with this.

Comparing mods with friends. (yea. i actually do this. we exchange mods based on what we have or not)

Looking for mods that I have when someone suggests a build. (My short term memory and name memory is as good as an onion so I have to use the search to remind myself of their pitiful existence. )

Seeing other people selling expensive mods and wondering if I have them. (again, name memory loss affects this. Also I suck at trading).

For me, the search bar, is useful as as beer after a hangover. (This if you believe hangovers can be cured with getting drunk, ofc.)