The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could We Get A Nerf To Disruptors?

Zephyrine

It's like if an enemy drained all your ammo in a single hit.

Oh god, don't give them ideas D:

Anywho, I agree that it stinks that you lose all shield (which of course will regenerate back in time) but having no energy, really makes them annoying.  But then again, all of the ancienets (except for the healer) are a bit OP, thus tough to solo.  Like, yeah the disruptors are annoying for what they do, but those Toxic ones are worse since they ignore your shield and go straight for your health and the high level ones, can eat through your health in a very fast rate.

You're absolutely right there. How dare casual players try to play a casual game? And clearly the game balance is designed perfectly from the start, no tweaking required, because the devs obviously can predict exactly how everything interacts.

Well I'm sure you'd enjoy the game even more if we made Disruptors instakill you with no reviving. Would be a nice challenge eh?

Seriously man. I can solo nearly ever part of the game after only two weeks and the purchase of an reactor for my warframe. And no that is not bragging, many many others do the same thing. If something is giving you trouble just google it and find out it's weakness. Nothing in this game is THAT hard, and if it is for you then you just haven't bothered doing a little research.

If there are more people having difficulty with the content because they are super casual players, then the makers may want to consider working on difficultly levels, but really the difficulty level is just advancement of your equipment. Get a rhino to rank 30 and there is nothing in the game you can't go murder face on. It gives you 15 seconds of invulnerability to everything for a very modest energy cost.

Have you upgraded most of your warframe and weapon mods to max or near max? If you are shooting any upgraded gun at the disruptors kneecaps they should be dropping in 1-2 seconds. If one does sneak up on you and suck your energy, keep rolling away until you get a little distance. Worst case, die and use one of your four daily revives and come back full energy, and do it right.

The time you spend on the forums asking for a nerf you could just as easily spend on google researching the mob. They can't dumb down the only challenging things in the game (of which there are very few) because a handful of players want to be able to play the game like they are in god mode.

Once you get good at killing disrupters you will be glad they are how they are. They are one of the few things that will give you a jolt if you find they snuck up on you, and no matter how maxed out your toys are they can wreck your plans and leave you running like a little girl... which is awesome.

Edited by Emotitron

The only thing I would change about ancients is add a skillful way to dodge.  As of now, you just run as fast as you can since you can't roll out of their arm's path because it homes in on you in any direction, even clipping through itself.  The simple truth is if you are in arms length, there is no way for you to dodge will the dodging button...  I just run away, but that feels like retreating, not dodging.

I still don't understand the problem people are having with disruptors its as if no one uses frost damage on weapons or has stun mods or know how not to just get near them and if you do happen to get down have a teammate revive you. I dont find disruptors any where near as hard as toxic due to the fact that the only thing you can do against toxic is shoot or use abilities. With disruptors all you really have to do is have any cleaving weapon with frost damage and stun to really take a group of them out of the picture. Toxics on the other hand can make this way of beating them really difficult as they'll run into the group that you have CC'd and damage your directly as you try to lock the rest down. Overall i think nerfing them at all would make it too easy and I'm surprised I've seen more complaints on Disruptors then I have on Toxic but I guess that's what happens when majority of the players aren't getting passed wave 15 in defense or playing on higher level planets.

I think Disrupters should stay as is. They're the scariest minions in the game for me, next to shockwave moa. As plenty of people might have already pointed out, they're useless when you ice them, so given the tools at one's disposal, there's plenty of methods to dispatch them. As for the not-being-able-to-collect-energy-orbs-while-UI-is-scrambled, I thought it was a nice touch that forces someone to think clearly when their shields have been trained and they've been caught off-guard.

I still don't understand the problem people are having with disruptors its as if no one uses frost damage on weapons or has stun mods or know how not to just get near them and if you do happen to get down have a teammate revive you. I dont find disruptors any where near as hard as toxic due to the fact that the only thing you can do against toxic is shoot or use abilities. With disruptors all you really have to do is have any cleaving weapon with frost damage and stun to really take a group of them out of the picture. Toxics on the other hand can make this way of beating them really difficult as they'll run into the group that you have CC'd and damage your directly as you try to lock the rest down. Overall i think nerfing them at all would make it too easy and I'm surprised I've seen more complaints on Disruptors then I have on Toxic but I guess that's what happens when majority of the players aren't getting passed wave 15 in defense or playing on higher level planets.

I agree, but I also like Toxic where it is too, unfortunately. :P

Though to compensate for everyone's else want to nerf the ancients in some way, maybe you could extend damage amplifier on infested to include ancients (?); lots of weapons have +dmg to infested EXCEPT ancients.

Edited by TheGlitchy

The problem isnt that disruptors are too easy or too hard, the issue is they are unbalanced

Warframes actually pay for having more energy, typically by having less armour, sometimes less health.  Disruptors negate that benefit with a single hit (reguardless of how accurately or often they do so), leaving just the weaker warframe with the penalities of lower armour/health, so those with lesser energy but more armour/health are actually better off.

The shield isnt so much a factor as that will recover if you fall back, the energy clearly wont recover anytime soon.

Also the nature of being a higher energy warframe means you will have less energy orbs just laying around to recover after being hit, while the lesser energy frame can go and collect those orbs back, likely maxing out again not long after loosing the energy in the first place.

Disruptors could happily drain just 200 energy plus shield drain per attack and they would still be just as challenging, without being unbalanced. Even The highest energy warframes can get only 450 maximum energy (assuming a max flow, 225 + (150 * 1.5 ) ), so at 200 it is still just only 3 hits to completly negate it for a high energy warframe, or 2 for a normal warframe with a max of 300 energy.  Though atleast you still get the benefit of having higher energy.  Without flow warframes are only 150 to 225 energy.

A big reason you dont hear issues with Toxic Anchients is because they dont drain 100% of your health in one hit reguardless of their level, they take time, enough so you can fall back or do something to counteract it retroactivly.

Edited by Loswaith

Ladies and gentletenno, general reminder.

Please remember that we are all on the same side here. The disruptors are the enemy, not our fellow warriors. I'd like you guys to stay classy, and carry yourself with less bile in your communication. This is, by extension, the same debate as "game too easy/too hard", on a smaller scale. If you like the challenge, good. If you feel that Disruptors are too strong, that is also a valid opinion. Your discussion should not be to convince others that they are wrong. Try to explain yourself, rather.

Keep it neutral to friendly. <3

On the topic itself: I usually either stay out of range of Disruptors. Since I use cryo-ammo on all my weapons and my Sentinel, Disruptors are usually slowed, which makes evading their tentacle fairly easy. Furthermore, remember that active abilities effectively shield you from all effects. You can stand in the middle of four Disruptors, if an ability animation is currently running, you cannot be affected. For example, Volt's Overload or Banshee's Sound Quake.

You're absolutely right there. How dare casual players try to play a casual game? And clearly the game balance is designed perfectly from the start, no tweaking required, because the devs obviously can predict exactly how everything interacts.

Well I'm sure you'd enjoy the game even more if we made Disruptors instakill you with no reviving. Would be a nice challenge eh?

Nice idea that's very challenging I love it!  And also increase the health like 10 times more!  I think I can have one Nyx to use ult with Continuity to tank the Disruptor as long as possible, then a Mag to put an absorber on the Disruptor, then the 2 last players be Excalibur to ult 3 times each on that absorber.  The Disruptor should go down after that.

You see, there's a SOLUTION for everything.  If you a Blizzard fanboy or something similar, go back to their forums and cry for nerfs.  Stop ruining more game companies.